TerraEarth Forums

Crisis OITE: Episode One: Chapter Eight

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> TerraEarth Fanworks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SoulBlazerFan
Crisis Historian

Level 18: Earth Spirit

Resident

Gems 10,267

PostSoulBlazerFan Posted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 8:00 pm   Post subject: Crisis OITE: Episode One: Chapter Eight Reply with quote

The long delayed eighth chapter of the Crisis story is here. The story is not dead, I promise you- merely on the back burner until I can get more free time to hammer it out. Chapters nine and ten are finished- I just need the free time to proofread and do some minor editing...

Without further ado, chapter eight:

Eight - TE: Superior, HoH, Collapse

Another murmur ran through the crowd, and this time it was Raini-Woman who silenced them. “Your ominousness aside, please tell us what you mean, Mr. Flare.”
“Professor, if you don’t mind,” he said, turning back toward the image. “Ark, of whom I’ve already spoken of- had decided the existing Dimensional Capacitor didn’t suit his needs. Ark built upon the existing design, meaning to implement new design features into the existing technology. He meant merely to increase the size of the dimensional ripple, which then caused what you see above.” He turned back to the box, activating another switch. Suddenly, all the stars and the Earth, began to move inward toward the vortex. The planet on the other side began to move toward it’s opening of the vortex.
“That was TE: W, a planet made entirely of Water, a planet of beauty and splendor, peaceful, never touched by any land creature, only the indigenous water wildlife. This may very-well have been the Atlantis spoken of in certain worlds, perhaps even this one. Such beauty and peace-” he stopped, staring at the image, when the two planets touched, and then collapsed into one another. The image whited out, leaving nothing in it’s wake, just a dark, empty void. Silence hung amongst the crowd, no one wishing to speak for almost a minute solid.
“What did we just see,” Chicken asked, finally breaking the silence.
“What you saw happened merely twelve hours ago. My world- my universe, TE: Prime, and TE: Water, collapsed into one another, negating both of their existences.”
“Negating?” SBiF-Man now asked, sitting up straight in his chair. The hair on the back of his neck stood up on end. He felt a minor tremor run down his back.
“There’s a theory, now proven here, as you just saw, of matter and anti-matter. Two seperate, polar opposites, that are never meant to come into contact with one another. When these two come together,” he brought his hands together, closing them into a ball, “they destroy one another.” He pulled his hands apart in a wide arc. “The same is now true of universes. They exist in different planes from one another, never meant to touch. Two universes, two infinite bodies, cannot co-exist, and thus they must both negate one another.”
“This is madness,” Freedan said, “who would intentionally destroy their own home?”
“Not everyone shares mine and your sentiment. Ark is dangerous and incredibly insane. He wishes to destroy all the remaining universes that exist, and he means yours to be amongst the next. That’s the reason I came here.”
Flare turned another dial, a list running down the wall:

Alpha
Bizarro
Crime
DC
Enigma
Fire
Gundamu
Horror
Inferior
Jupitris
Klowns
Linux
Mid-World
Omega
Primitive
Quattro
Romar
Superior
Trips
Unified
Vivendi
Water
Xanadu
Yigal
Zeta
Prime

“These are the twenty-seven known TerraEarths, or were,” Flare said ominously. He turned something, and several of them were crossed out, leaving only Fire, Inferior, Primitive, Superior, and Trips. “The ones that were not crossed out are the only ones left. The planet of Fire, the worlds of the Primitives and the Inferiors. The Primitives and Trips may be the last two he would attack. He can only destroy the worlds he can actually travel to, and he could not risk going to Trips.”
“Why would that be,” Valerie asked, leaning forward.
“That world was befallen by a great virus, which still resides there. The only person to travel there from my own world did not return. He died there, within one days time, but was able to give us one key piece of information; only 1% of that world’s population was immune to the Trips virus.”
“So, what’s this guys plan,” Axe said, crossing his arms and staring down the Professor. “Will he destroy the rest of us, to repopulate on some new world?”
“I cannot speak for Ark Rizan’s intentions, but nothing is an impossibility with him.” Flare lowered his head, now rubbing his temples. “I do not know the reason anyone does the insane and unexplainable things they do. But I do know this one thing, fine and clear; Ark will come here, and if we all do nothing- your world will meet the same fate as mine.”
The silence resonated through the room, and everyone felt a shiver run up their backs. “Alot to take in,” SBiF-Man thinks to himself, “more-so than I could’ve believed.”
The silence remained in the room for a solid minute. Flare, a man from this other world, looking over this group of people, most of them able to do things he could only dream of, and their the ones who’ve been silenced, he thought with no humor whatsoever.
Freedan, who turned back from his seat, could see everyone else in the room. Some were lost in thought, others, men and women who he would’ve never believed could fear anything, he saw the faint glimmers of terror. He decided he couldn’t let this continue. He needed a plan, anything...
“Then what do we do,” Freedan said now, rising up from his seat. “From what you say, he may already be preparing to end our world. How can we stop this threat, the threat of advanced technology? Technology we can only begin to grasp the workings of? What do you propose we do?”
“I believe- I cannot be entirely certain- but I believe if we get the device from Rizan, we can stop all of this; prehaps, even, reverse it. I do not there is anything we can do for the other worlds at this point- but this one and those that remain we must protect, at all costs. You, I, we may be the only salvation. As I have said, Trips is riddled with a deadly plague, and the world of Inferior cannot match the technology. Whatever we do from here, we need to it, and fast- for we have but two days, at most, maybe even less.”
“How will we know that he’s used this device,” a voice from the crowd again.
“Same as the way from the Holo-Image I showed you all- the sun will be blotted out from the sky, and a great darkness shall overcome this planet. If it does come to that point, I’m afraid it will be too late to stop it.”
“Do you know hwere he is,” SBiF-Man now asked, barely aware he even spoke. His mind had become muddled with thoughts, such as everything he knew being in jeopardy, his beloved, and his friends, those even back at the Bullseye- his family. All in great peril. Other worlds then these, a distant voice spoke in his head, and it startled him. It was the voice in his head, not quite like his, but some distant voice from, prehaps another world. Hardy har har. He wasn’t entirely sure where he’d heard that phrase before, but it stuck him, either way. Others worlds...
His thoughts trailed off, as Professor Flare spoke once again, “He’s in hiding right now. I’m not sure if he’s here on this world, or the other in which he intends to collapse; Terraearth: Fire. For the time being, you should all maintain your lives they were before. We needn’t spread any fear amongst the populace if it is unnecessary, but you all should keep up your guard. Open eyes, open ears. I will use the resources available on this world to see if any black holes have opened- it will give us the indication as to whether or not we need to proceed immediately.”
“And then, speaking metaphorically, of course,” Joan said, almost morbidly, “if we are unable to stop this... what then?”
“...Then may the Gods have mercy upon all of us,” Flare spoke. The room was silenced once more.

To Be Continued

(Comments and critques would be greatly welcomed)

-SBiF
"...at first it's fine and you think you have a dark side – it's exciting – and then you realise the dark side wins every time if you decide to indulge in it. It's also a completely different way of living when you know that...a different species of person." - Lana Del Rey
This User Has Completed

SBiF: Uppercutting cats since '09
Azure Phoenix
Also Known as Arashi or Gemini

Level 13: Blood Skeleton

Level 13: Blood Skeleton

Gems 500

PostAzure Phoenix Posted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 8:06 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

epic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> TerraEarth Fanworks All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: