TerraEarth Forums

Underlevelling challenge
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yet One More Idiot
Level 15: Bloody Chariot

Resident

Gems 8,720

PostYet One More Idiot Posted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:20 pm   Post subject: Underlevelling challenge Reply with quote

After playing Terranigma through a few times on my ZSNES (and then using a walkthrough to find all the missing Magirocks... Smile), I decided that it's time to set myself (and anyone else who cares) a little challenge.

What's the *lowest* level that anybody here has ever completed Terranigma at, the least amount of EXP?

I'm gonna try to see if I can clear the whole game (and get all the Magirocks as a little side-challenge) in less than level 20. Very Happy Even less if possible. Smile

How low do you think it's possible to get, assuming the only monsters killed are those needed to pass the level? (like the boss and any that are guarding gates to the next screen)
psychokind
fuck yeah!

Level 19: Soul Blazer

Resident

Gems 10,444

Postpsychokind Posted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:43 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

<- lvl 17

Resident

Gems 8,720

PostYet One More Idiot Posted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:03 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool, now I have a non-arbitrary target to aim for; level 16 or less (up to 113,00 exp).

Smile
chicken
manifested spam

Level 17: Jealous Spirit

Resident

Gems 7,352

Postchicken Posted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:53 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

you only have to add the EXP the bosses give you to see what can (theoretically) be the lowest lvl to pass... assuming you really dont kill ANY other monster

winner of the following awards:

Biggest Spammer
Most Annoying Poster
the Pie Award Very Happy
Funniest Poster

posting more than one exclamation mark is a sign for mental disturbtion...

yay for jase Very Happy
Yet One More Idiot

Resident

Gems 8,720

PostYet One More Idiot Posted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:00 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

chicken wrote:
you only have to add the EXP the bosses give you to see what can (theoretically) be the lowest lvl to pass... assuming you really dont kill ANY other monster

That's pretty much what I'm going for, although there are also some monsters that have to be killed to progress within a level (like the three hubballs on the ground floor of Tower 1, as a 'for instance').

It'll make Shadowkeeper a challenge, and as for the later bosses....getting past Bloody Mary will be a nightmare. But, I set myself the challenge, I'm gonna do it, no matter how long it takes. Smile
Azure Phoenix
Also Known as Arashi or Gemini

Level 13: Blood Skeleton

Gems 500

PostAzure Phoenix Posted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:21 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

i'd tell you but i haven't got the save file anymore, it went when my hard drive died
Yet One More Idiot

Resident

Gems 8,720

PostYet One More Idiot Posted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:41 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, after a couple of hours of multiple deaths and resets (to avoid picking up XP on important monsters more than once), I've cleared Shadowkeeper.

I was at level when I went up against him (with 62XP); just by beating him, I jumped to 332XP and level 4. I'll post up screencaps of important points on my minimalist journey later on. Smile
Azure Phoenix

Gems 500

PostAzure Phoenix Posted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:21 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

it's the parasite that'll be annoying

i remember one time i stayed in that fight so long and killed so many of those little things that i killed the boss in one hit, i had barely attacked it beforehand
EverPhoenix

Resident

Gems 8,804

PostEverPhoenix Posted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:39 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

worst one i think will be the dark twins. because itll take so damn long. shadowkeeper you hit 1s on anyway, and parasite is a similar story. thing to watch out for with parasite, his claws do give a lot of exp.

oh and have fun hitting dark gaia's 2nd form a few hundred times and not using bulbs (coz u wont be able to afford them). youll be pressing the load button many times, i can assure u

Gems 500

PostAzure Phoenix Posted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:07 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, thinking about dark gaia, you're buggered, i'm sorry but with phase 2 he uses that attack you can pretty much only survive by blocking, and you still take damage, so i think it'll be pretty damn difficult
EverPhoenix

Resident

Gems 8,804

PostEverPhoenix Posted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 2:29 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

2nd gaia you'd have to beat by not blocking OR taking a single hit. because if you are on 1 hp and he uses his attack that keeps halving your hp, it does 0 damage.
Level 12: Soul Knight

Gems 2,000

PostHammerit Posted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 2:40 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Besides if you're quick enough you can use the spin attack (the one you can trigger while running) to not take any hits for the entire battle. Spinning all the time and never ever standing still during fights, that's how I bet all the bosses, most without ever being hit.

Game Designer
Azure Phoenix

Gems 500

PostAzure Phoenix Posted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:33 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Hammerit wrote:
Besides if you're quick enough you can use the spin attack (the one you can trigger while running) to not take any hits for the entire battle. Spinning all the time and never ever standing still during fights, that's how I bet all the bosses, most without ever being hit.

WTF??? Eek!
Hammerit

Gems 2,000

PostHammerit Posted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:39 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Arashi wrote:
WTF??? Eek!

yeah Ark doesn't take any damage while he spins thus making him invincible if used continuously. If I remember correctly you have to trigger the next attack ~8frames after the landing while the next run animation cycle is being started. If not Ark will be vulnerable again until the next attack is launched. Eg. I always used two spins directly after another to slice through the Queen in the bossfight in europe, then turned around and spinned in the opposite direction again with two spins. Doing so she has no chance to hit you at all.

For that huge AOE Beam attack of dark gaia all you need to do is spin left, then right, then left, aso and you'll even keep the hp others waste on blocking Wink.

Game Designer
Azure Phoenix

Gems 500

PostAzure Phoenix Posted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:08 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Hammerit wrote:
Arashi wrote:
WTF??? Eek!

yeah Ark doesn't take any damage while he spins thus making him invincible if used continuously. If I remember correctly you have to trigger the next attack ~8frames after the landing while the next run animation cycle is being started. If not Ark will be vulnerable again until the next attack is launched. Eg. I always used two spins directly after another to slice through the Queen in the bossfight in europe, then turned around and spinned in the opposite direction again with two spins. Doing so she has no chance to hit you at all.

For that huge AOE Beam attack of dark gaia all you need to do is spin left, then right, then left, aso and you'll even keep the hp others waste on blocking Wink.

no no no, you figured it wrong, i was going WTF to the spin attack thing, has link been teaching ark tricks?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Terranigma All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: