Underlevelling challenge
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Azure Phoenix
Also Known as Arashi or Gemini

Level 13: Blood Skeleton

Gems 500

PostAzure Phoenix Posted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:34 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Yomi's Evil Twin Intern wrote:
I've worked it out; basically, throughout every combat area in the whole game, I just keep moving with the Slicer attack *at all times*; that way, nothing can touch me.

*Is going mildly hysterical after the 2-hour boss battle against Dark Morph* Razz I need sleep! Goodnight! Very Happy

fine, but remember the battles will get longer and survival will be harder, if you're gonna play to win, at least make sure you're okay with the cost, it could be your mind! Eek!
Metall Ark (XD®)
Level 9: Sabre Dog

Level 9: Sabre Dog

Gems 3,051

PostMetall Ark (XD®) Posted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:37 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

well i think i beat stormkeaper earlier becausei used magic. is really usefull.
Yet One More Idiot
Level 15: Bloody Chariot

Resident

Gems 8,720

PostYet One More Idiot Posted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:13 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't afford to go around buying magic rings, I only have about 400 or so credits amassed (by this point in the game, I usually have about 4-6000 saved up. Smile
Yet One More Idiot

Resident

Gems 8,720

PostYet One More Idiot Posted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:57 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

To be honest, Louran was a lot easier than I thought it would be, I only died and had to restart the once. It also helped that I didn't have to go around searching for all the magirocks while dodging monsters (I waited for the mirages to fade when Meilin left, then went back in and cleaned up). Total experience earnt this level = 0. Smile

Level 10, 3,479XP. This is fun! Very Happy

Yet One More Idiot

Resident

Gems 8,720

PostYet One More Idiot Posted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:20 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Got through the Norfest Forest after a good bit of effort. Smile The first few times, I got immobilised by Bats or cursed by the Sabredogs, but slowing the game down a bit helped. The warlocks were no bother though, they collapse if you do even 1dmg to them, making them easy to evade.

Had to kill 3 of the Bats in order to rescue Meilin - darn, I'd forgotten about that! Smile - so another 84XP to add to the total, making 3,563 in total (still level 10). Bouncy

Yet One More Idiot

Resident

Gems 8,720

PostYet One More Idiot Posted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:38 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay, I'm up against Bloody Mary at level 10! Laughing This'll be a fun nightmare.... Very Happy

Although I never really needed to bother with it before, but the LightRod really does do more damage than the IcePick against her, even though the IcePick is +25 and the LightRod is only +15; the IcePick does mostly 1's with a few 2's, while the LightRod does a more even split of 2's and 3's, significantly shortening the fight that I'll have to inflict 350HP of wounds on her... ^_^
Yet One More Idiot

Resident

Gems 8,720

PostYet One More Idiot Posted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:57 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

And it's done. *Checks posting time* Took me about 1hr20 at half-speed, so that means I spent 40 minutes fighting Bloody Mary. Phew, that was really hard, timing my slicer attacks just perfectly for 40 minutes (which I didn't do, had a couple of restarts in that time too), but it's done. I levelled up again though, boo...

Bloody Mary gave me about 800XP on her own, plus 4 skeletons (to release the soul for the Soul Armour dude), plus 2 Soul Armours; more than I had thought I would have to kill, actually.

XP = 4659, level 11.

EverPhoenix
Level 19: Soul Blazer

Resident

Gems 8,804

PostEverPhoenix Posted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:57 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

could have sped up the process by spending maybe 100 coins on fire rings. those things clean her up

Resident

Gems 8,720

PostYet One More Idiot Posted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:09 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Eh. I took more time, for sure, but I saved my gems for other stuff (for instance, if I wanna get all the magirocks, I'll have to shell out 5 grand for Kingbird's release).

Anyway, I just spent the last 3 hours (1.5 hours really as I was doing it at half-speed again), battle the AquaMenace boss. Those two invincible minions of his are such a pain in the butt! Very Happy He only gave me....62XP! *is surprised* Cool. My experience points now stand at a total of 4,721, I think I'm doing really well now. Smile

psychokind
fuck yeah!

Resident

Gems 10,444

Postpsychokind Posted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:24 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

this is really making some progress Very Happy

Gems 500

PostAzure Phoenix Posted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:41 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Took me about 1hr20 at half-speed, so that means I spent 40 minutes fighting Bloody Mary.

and why did you do it at half speed? it's easy to fight her at normal speed while taking no damage, she's predictable
Yet One More Idiot

Resident

Gems 8,720

PostYet One More Idiot Posted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:06 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Arashi wrote:
Took me about 1hr20 at half-speed, so that means I spent 40 minutes fighting Bloody Mary.

and why did you do it at half speed? it's easy to fight her at normal speed while taking no damage, she's predictable

True, but my reaction times when trying to follow one slicer directly with another are not that good, I would have left myself wide open for about a second between each time. Smile
Azure Phoenix

Gems 500

PostAzure Phoenix Posted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:15 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm, i still think you'd have been fine without half speed either way
EverPhoenix

Resident

Gems 8,804

PostEverPhoenix Posted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:30 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

no shame in using tools for this kind of challenge run. youd be dead in one hit from most things by now, yes?

Resident

Gems 8,720

PostYet One More Idiot Posted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:27 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I know there's no shame in using tools for a low-level run - it's just I was saving up all my money to free the Kingbird, then I had a sudden explosion of wealth in the last couple of levels and no real need to use it on Magic Rings anyway. Smile

Yeah, it is going well Psychokind, I've in fact finished the rest of the levels and am right up to the end battle against Dark Gaia now. I did a bit of a marathon sprint in the game last night.

Nirlake Caverns - battled against the Hitoderon (starfishes) and collected 350EXP from each of them. Total = 5,771.
Dragoon Castle - well, there's no monsters to kill anyway, just some guards to avoid. So no new XP gained here.
Beruga's Lab - dodged all the robots and destroyed the huge mecha thing guarding his lab, for 500XP to each leg. When the "unsightly last-gasp attack" happened, killed each of the 7 little crawling bots for another 40XP. New grand total = 7,481.
Astarica and Neotokio were both relatively short dodging missions, actually, and with no end bosses to them. Yay - I got all the starstones, and still at the same experience. Smile

Finally, Beruga's Lab and the Labtower, more ducking and diving around stuff. So that leads me up to the final battle against Dark Gaia, powered up to level 13. It's gonna be one helluva fight....I tried it briefly yesterday before turning in for the night, and I actually scored 2's and 3's (and some critical 4's, too), so it's not all bad news. ^_^

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Terranigma All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: