TerraEarth Forums

Questions for those who have played LoZ Master Quest

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> General Gaming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thefencemaster
Level 12: Soul Knight

Gems 6,011

Postthefencemaster Posted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:02 am   Post subject: Questions for those who have played LoZ Master Quest Reply with quote

This being the only Zelda game that I've never gotten around to beating, i have no idea what to expect from it. My brother told me that the game is ridiculously hard.

Anyways, i was wondering just how much harder the dungeons are than the original (I've played through the original enough that none of the dungeon's take me much longer than 30 minutes)?

second question. did they update places like the Well, Ice Cavern and Gerudos fortress as well as the regular dungeons?

thanks in advance

-The Fence Master
Freedan
Level 19: Soul Blazer

Resident

Gems 10,167

PostFreedan Posted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:26 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not really 'ridiculously hard'. Aside from the remixed dungeons, it's the same game.

In general, yes... the dungeons are more challenging, and you may find yourself searching around a bit more than on your first time through the original.

Oddly enough, the water temple (the generally-agreed-upon 'most annoying' temple) actually got easier. So that's kind of a nice break.

You'll notice some of the puzzles are tougher right from the first dungeon. Nothing too demanding, but it should give you some idea of what to expect.

As for question number 2, I don't remember if the Gerudo grounds have been changed (I don't believe so, but someone can correct me if I'm wrong), but I believe all dungeons - including the Well and Ice Caverns - have been altered.

tay120n64
The Koholint Knight

Gems 7,572

Posttay120n64 Posted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 4:32 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Every dungeon, including the Ice Temple, Well, and Gerudo Training Grounds have been altered. The maps are exactly the same, but the interior of each room, as well that the order you visit them in, is changed. If you're familiar enough with OoT, you shouldn't have too much trouble. I got stuck a few times, but never for long. Like Freedan said, the Water Temple is easier. For me, the Spirit Temple was the hardest.

I wouldn't say it's "ridiculously hard", it's certainly not as hard as Oracle of Ages or Zelda II, but it is more challenging than any of the other 3D Zelda games. Be ready to get stuck alot Wink

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Windows Live Messenger
thefencemaster

Gems 6,011

Postthefencemaster Posted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 4:46 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome, sounds like its gonna be a fun experience. I look forward to the inevitable brain aches this game sounds like it will provide

-The Fence Master
Freedan

Resident

Gems 10,167

PostFreedan Posted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:00 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

tay120n64 wrote:
Every dungeon, including the Ice Temple, Well, and Gerudo Training Grounds have been altered.

Ah, damn... the Training Grounds. I was thinking of the carpenter search-and-rescue.

tay120n64
The Koholint Knight

Gems 7,572

Posttay120n64 Posted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:01 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Freedan, the Dark Knight wrote:
tay120n64 wrote:
Every dungeon, including the Ice Temple, Well, and Gerudo Training Grounds have been altered.

Ah, damn... the Training Grounds. I was thinking of the carpenter search-and-rescue.

Razz It's all good, that's what first came to my mind too.

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Windows Live Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> General Gaming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: