TerraEarth Forums

TerraEarth: Absolute- Pre-Beta Final Notices

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Fan Made Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jason Tandro
The Undying TE Fanatic

Level 20: Guardian of Pandora

Gems 8,090
Location: Tiptoeing the line between confidence and arrogance.

PostJason Tandro Posted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:22 am   Post subject: TerraEarth: Absolute- Pre-Beta Final Notices Reply with quote

Okay, this is the last thread I am opening about TerraEarth:Absolute.

Contents:
-->Last Heads Up About Integral Soundtrack
-->Last Heads Up About Faces
-->Last Heads Up About Character Backstory
-->Last Heads Up About Character Music
-->Special Announcements
-->Beta-Testing Assignments

--INTEGRAL SOUNDTRACK--
This isn't aimed at you Valerie! Very Happy
Valerie Valens is actually working her butt off on her options, including the BGM for her hometown and her own Face Sprites. But if there are any other folks out there who wish to contribute music, please do!!! The cut-off date is March 30th (if you want your music to appear in the Beta Version). I will take it later for the final version.

--FACES--
If you want to design your own unique face sprites, please use the webpage here.
You should make 4 faces:
1. Menu Screen Face (the one that will appear as your menu icon. Go all out on this one)
2. Normal Face (A standard appearance face)
3. Angry Face (A face of enragement).
4. Happy Face (A face of laughing, etc.)

--CHARACTER BACKSTORY--
I am filling in blanks as best I can, but if you want a unique backstory, please provide your full name, weapon of choice, hometown and a brief biography.

--CHARACTER MUSIC--
What I am looking for is the BGM for your character, unique battle and hometown.

--SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENTS--
Okay, here's the last little tidbits and teasers about the game before the beta.

Seven Party Types, Five Stories- Each stories Good ending is canon. The Original Character is the main storyline meat, but it is also supplemented by the slightly shorter "Load a Party" storylines. These storylines deal with the plight of TerraEarth while also going deep into the background and origins of the sixteen veteran characters.

Cheat Codes Galore- Yes, TE:A will have built in cheat codes. I personally reccomend you don't enter these cheats until you have beaten the game at least once... but like that's going to stop you. Very Happy Of course I won't just tell you these cheat codes. You'll have to uncover them.

A Quest Unto His Own- Several Civilians in each major town will have mini-quests associated with them which will be the meat of the Morality Factor of the game. Also, some of these will have branching and expansive quests, so be sure to talk to everybody more than once.

Mini-Games!- I have already bragged about the mini-games and bonus options within the game. Here is what we got for those of you that missed the memo:
Trading Card Game, Fishing, Mining, Book Collecting(you can read these books!), Wine Collecting, RP Punch-Up, Russian Glass (only in Watermia), Blackjack, Odds or Evens (die rolling), Sevens or Eleven (die rolling), and a few others I threw in randomly.

Night/Day- I'm not sure this feature will be ready by beta (we're having some technical glitches) but it will be available in the final version. Night/Day and weather patterns and probably days of the week as well.

Euro Theatre- Listen to Stand-Up, See a play or listen to a concert. You can do it here!

--BETA TESTING ASSIGNMENTS--

Okay, since there are so many branching options, having 11 people give me feedback from the same-style isn't efficient. Here is what you beta testers are assigned to review. You will be given special beta-testing gear to accomplish this task (I'm mainly looking to make sure you don't run into any technical glitches. I'll have my staff double-check the monster balancing).

Of course when you've completed your assigned role, you can continue to play the beta and look for other bugs Very Happy

> [Story], [Enemy Type], [Save Point Style]

4. eFlare (reserved)
> Original Character (Recruiting), Random Encounter, Free Roam

5. Rainichan (reserved)
> Save The World, On-Map Respawn, Save Point

6. Valerie Valens (reserved)
> The Ultimate Treasure, On-Map Faction, Inns Only

7. Arashi (reserved)
> Revenge, Random Encounter, Purchase

8. psychokind
> Revenge, On-Map Respawn, Free Roam

9. EverPhoenix
> Revenge, On-Map Faction, Save Point

10. Freedan, The Dark Knight
> Save The World, Random Encounter, Inns Only

11. Metall Ark (XD(r))
> The Ultimate Treasure, On-Map Respawn, Purchase

12. tay120n64
> Prove Your Worth, On-Map Faction, Free Roam

My staff will sort of be playing the field obviously. I know I've got three people assigned to Revenge, but I tried to assign everyone to the story they were in, and fudged it where free to do so. If you have a problem with your assignment... go to hell. Evil or Very Mad Just kidding! PM me and I'll work things out with you. Laughing

Thanks for your continued support! Also let me take this last opportunity to plug my design group Soul Schism Games. Visit our website here!

Rest in peace, old avatar.
inferiare
TerraEarth Historian

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:34 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I think part of your post got killed there, Jase. o.O In the part about who is assigned to what beta thing.

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Windows Live Messenger
Metall Ark (XD®)
Level 9: Sabre Dog

Gems 3,051

PostMetall Ark (XD®) Posted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:01 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

maybe i will find out funny bugs however it will be funny. Very Happy Very Happy
Hammerit
Level 12: Soul Knight

Gems 2,000

PostHammerit Posted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:12 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Btw Jason, you got a Bugtracker of some sort?

Game Designer
Jason Tandro
The Undying TE Fanatic

Gems 8,090

PostJason Tandro Posted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:45 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

@Raini: No, Since Brendan, Jacob and Myself are gonna be scouring every game type I didn't put our assignments up here.

@Hammerit: Nope. That's what makes this job interesting. You just gotta try and break the game. It would be a whole lot simpler with a bugtracker, believe me. Mad

Hammerit

Gems 2,000

PostHammerit Posted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:36 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Jason Tandro wrote:
@Hammerit: Nope. That's what makes this job interesting. You just gotta try and break the game. It would be a whole lot simpler with a bugtracker, believe me. Mad

I know, that's why I've asked ... a friend of mine (QA lead of a german dev studio) got some webspace he's using for Mantis Module testing and stuff ... if you want I'll ask him if he can lend you one of the Mantis over the beta Wink. I would do the administration though. Might make things a bit easier Wink.

Game Designer
psychokind
fuck yeah!

Level 19: Soul Blazer

Resident

Gems 10,444

Postpsychokind Posted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:19 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

the version in your signature is the one to test?
The Undying TE Fanatic

Gems 8,090

PostJason Tandro Posted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:49 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

no. This is for the beta release which will occur on March 31st.

Metall Ark (XD®)

Gems 3,051

PostMetall Ark (XD®) Posted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 1:24 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

okay but where i can download to test the version?
Jason Tandro
The Undying TE Fanatic

Gems 8,090

PostJason Tandro Posted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 4:25 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not released yet!!! Biting

Don't worry, on March 31st I will be PM-ing the download link to my beta testers.

Manibrandr System
Level 19: Soul Blazer

Gems 6,953

PostManibrandr System Posted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:29 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to assure everyone that I am working on some of the themes for the vita release version. I'd just like to let you know that progress on that end is a bit slow. Very Happy
The Undying TE Fanatic

Gems 8,090

PostJason Tandro Posted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 1:09 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, that's cool Valerie. Just try and get them to me by the 30th. Incidentally I'm throwing a massive Beta Release Party over at my friends pad. I might extend the party to the online crew here. Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Fan Made Games All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: