TerraEarth Forums

The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> General Gaming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eFlare
Level 12: Soul Knight

Administrator

Gems 5,813

PosteFlare Posted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:06 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

tay120n64 wrote:
What on earth are you talking about? Were you even paying attention? The ONLY songs that were remixed were the staple tracks: Master Sword, Princess Zelda, Ganon's Theme, Hyrule Castle, Get Item A & B, Overworld Theme (Ocean), Phantom Ganon, and Fairy Fountain. That's NINE out of ONE HUNDRED THIRTY THREE tracks.

How can you say there isn't any original music? That's almost all The Wind Waker was. The music was it's strongest feature right next to, ironically, the graphics. Unfortunately, not everyone took to the latter... (I Love them!)

After doing some reviewing of the soundtrack I must say that I was indeed exagirating. Out of the 103 tracks (not counting all the double ones) only 26 songs are from previous Zelda games. Still quite a lot if you ask me. (I made a list, correct me if I'm wrong!)

But yeah, the Wind Waker does have plenty of unique tracks.

As for Spirit Tracks... well, I think it might be a little more linear, because of the train.. it's suck on tracks. And what the hell, the switching in between Link and Phantom? That was fun in Phantom Hourglass, with the Goron, in a single temple.. but in the majority of the game? Meh..
tay120n64
The Koholint Knight

Level 19: Soul Blazer

Gems 7,572

Posttay120n64 Posted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:06 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Azure Phoenix wrote:
*cough* you forgot about the fact that after beating the game once you don't have to wear the shitty tunic *cough*

Oh, now I wouldn't go that far...

But, yeah, the Island outfit is badass.

@eFlare: Nice list. I know it seems like alot, but every series has its staple tracks. Like when you encounter Phantom Ganon and it play's the Gannondorf Battle music from OoT. Translating a tune that was originally epic into just a mini-boss, kind of gives you a sense of scale regarding the game you're playing.

And I liked the Fairy Queen Theme... So cheery and playful...

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Windows Live Messenger
eFlare
Level 12: Soul Knight

Administrator

Gems 5,813

PosteFlare Posted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:27 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

tay120n64 wrote:
@eFlare: Nice list. I know it seems like alot, but every series has its staple tracks. Like when you encounter Phantom Ganon and it play's the Gannondorf Battle music from OoT. Translating a tune that was originally epic into just a mini-boss, kind of gives you a sense of scale regarding the game you're playing.

True, but in the Wind Waker it was just over the top in my experience. I'm a big fan of game music, and a big fan of Zelda, so that sorta rubbed me the wrong way Very Happy

For example Twilight Princess doesn't have that much classic tracks at all. Just the obvious ones like Zelda's theme, Ganon's theme, the main theme, the box and item sounds and Kakariko village.

And yeah it was cheery.. but.. just ... I got annoyed by it Razz
Azure Phoenix
Also Known as Arashi or Gemini

Level 13: Blood Skeleton

Gems 500

PostAzure Phoenix Posted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:17 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

tay120n64 wrote:

Eek! i think i'm gonna...gonna puke...*runs off*

*disgusting puking noises in the distance*

ugh... sorry.
psychokind
fuck yeah!

Resident

Gems 10,444

Postpsychokind Posted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:12 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

tay120n64 wrote:
eFlare wrote:
The Wind Waker doesn't have a soundtrack. All music that featured in the Wind Waker, with the exception of.. maybe 5 specific songs (like the track "Ocean", are redone versions of other Zelda games.

What on earth are you talking about? Were you even paying attention? The ONLY songs that were remixed were the staple tracks: Master Sword, Princess Zelda, Ganon's Theme, Hyrule Castle, Get Item A & B, Overworld Theme (Ocean), Phantom Ganon, and Fairy Fountain. That's NINE out of ONE HUNDRED THIRTY THREE tracks.

How can you say there isn't any original music? That's almost all The Wind Waker was. The music was it's strongest feature right next to, ironically, the graphics. Unfortunately, not everyone took to the latter... (I Love them!)

really? I too thought that most of the tracks were just remastered zelda tunes... at least the songs I remembered.
Prime Blue

Resident

Gems 3,213

PostMiss Prime Blue Posted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 4:14 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
WWHHHYYYY?!?

Why would they do this?

The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks

lol, why would nintendo do this?

they are nintendo, they make games. The game isn't going to be as bad as everyone thinks, anyway.

People live on because they forget about unpleasant things.
Cygnus
Level 3: Cadet

Level 3: Cadet

Gems 119

PostCygnus Posted: Mon May 18, 2009 11:51 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I recently finished Phantom Hourglass. It's a fun game, the ship mechanics were innovative, and I liked the riddles to find treasures with the help of the map. However, it's true that it's quite easy, and the story is very simple too. In my opinion, Zelda portable games have gone a step down in each installment since the excellent Link's Awakening, although the Oracle games were almost as good as LA.
The Koholint Knight

Gems 7,572

Posttay120n64 Posted: Tue May 19, 2009 5:18 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Which makes me wonder why they don't just let Capcom keep making the handheld games. The Oracle games were very fresh, not to mention challenging, and Minish Cap, though annoying at times, was fun.

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Windows Live Messenger
Azure Phoenix

Gems 500

PostAzure Phoenix Posted: Tue May 19, 2009 3:23 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

tay120n64 wrote:
Which makes me wonder why they don't just let Capcom keep making the handheld games. The Oracle games were very fresh, not to mention challenging, and Minish Cap, though annoying at times, was fun.

damn those kinstones, i replayed the game and i STILL missed one... AAAAAAAAAARGH!!!

on another note do any of you know exactly how Link keeps that hat on his head, i'm sure it should've come off with half of the things he does, i mean what is it, does he superglue it to his head, or use sticky tape, i mean what the hell keeps it on, it just seems to be defying must laws of ...of anything, maybe even everything, for a start several times link is upside down with iron boots and magnetism (i think, i'm sure it's in TP), how the hell does the hat stay on???
tay120n64
The Koholint Knight

Gems 7,572

Posttay120n64 Posted: Tue May 19, 2009 3:34 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Link is a ninja.

Azure Phoenix

Gems 500

PostAzure Phoenix Posted: Tue May 19, 2009 3:45 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

tay120n64 wrote:
Link is a ninja.

Mr. Green you have got to be kidding me... that's all you could come up with!? Mad
psychokind
fuck yeah!

Resident

Gems 10,444

Postpsychokind Posted: Tue May 19, 2009 4:00 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm how about

Link is a pirate

?

Gems 500

PostAzure Phoenix Posted: Tue May 19, 2009 4:07 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

that doesn't even deserve an answer
Blade
Level 18: Earth Spirit

Resident

Gems 8,496

PostBlade Posted: Tue May 19, 2009 5:17 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Link is a Pirates child but was raised by Ninjas...?
Azure Phoenix

Gems 500

PostAzure Phoenix Posted: Tue May 19, 2009 5:44 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

either way he still got dropped on his head as a child, that's why he's so thick...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> General Gaming All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: