TerraEarth Forums

The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> General Gaming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eFlare
Level 12: Soul Knight

Administrator

Gems 5,813

PosteFlare Posted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:57 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

tay120n64 wrote:
eFlare wrote:
The Legend of Zelda takes place in an universe that infinity collapses on itself. Each game is a newly born version of that universe, with small traces of those before. That's why references are made from one game to another, that's how the Triforce, the Goddesses, Link, Zelda, Ganon and all main features return in (almost) every game. They are a part of the fabric of the universe.

That seems like such a cop-out. Pbbt

It actually demonstrates that the outcome of any event in the universe will in the end always unfold exactly as it did last time. It unfolds in the way it's supposed to unfold. There might be changes in the middle, but the start and the result of every "iteration" of the known universe is the same.
tay120n64
The Koholint Knight

Level 19: Soul Blazer

Gems 7,572

Posttay120n64 Posted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:18 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I know I just like to think that they all co-exist and whatnot.

@Azure: Smash Bros is non-canon. It has naught to do with Zelda. Soul Calibur II on the other hand...

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Windows Live Messenger
Azure Phoenix
Also Known as Arashi or Gemini

Level 13: Blood Skeleton

Gems 500

PostAzure Phoenix Posted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:45 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

yeahm but i just felt like i had to say something, plus SSBB is for me the better game
inferiare
TerraEarth Historian

Level 20: Guardian of Pandora

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:29 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

You know.

I'm going to laugh really hard if this game ends up being amazingly awesome, and all the nay-sayers end up enjoying it and liking it. Very Happy

As for myself, I like the idea. Yeah yeah, I know, I'm nuts or whatever. But that's the thing about the Zelda series (the canon ones, not the shitty CD-i ones): the games are always different than a mainstream series (Final Fantasy, anyone? Love the games, but it's the same story in each, pretty much, especially the newer ones) and they take weird risks to make their games enjoyable.

Everyone was sure they were going to hate Wind Waker. Yeah, there's some that still dislike the game, but a lot ended up going "...hey this is pretty cool, actually."

It's the reaction of Heath Ledger as the Joker in Dark Knight- everyone thought he'd do a crap job because he was OMG PRETTY BOY HE WAS A GAY COWBOY HE CAN ONLY DO CHICK FLICKS. And then he ended up being amazing and floored everyone. I think that's what this game is, in a way, and personally, I'm waiting to play it.

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Windows Live Messenger
EverPhoenix

Resident

Gems 8,804

PostEverPhoenix Posted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 3:13 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

that looks weird...
The Koholint Knight

Gems 7,572

Posttay120n64 Posted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:52 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly, I'm holding my judgment, but I am concerned. As long as it's less linear than PH, I won't have a problem.

Oh, and no "Ocean King Temple".

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Windows Live Messenger
Azure Phoenix

Gems 500

PostAzure Phoenix Posted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:52 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

rainichan wrote:
Everyone was sure they were going to hate Wind Waker. Yeah, there's some that still dislike the game, but a lot ended up going "...hey this is pretty cool, actually."

i never thought i'd hate windwaker, and i don't mind the game, i'm just not fond of the graphics, in fact the best part of that game is the second run through where you can say "F off Tunic!" and wear something better, and personally i don't think i'd really 'like' it, for me zelda games are going down hill, i'm hoping they'll prove me wrong sunday but i belive i can pretty safely say that this game won't be it.

in fact i'm glad i bought windwaker, but not for windwaker, i'm glad i got OOT and MQ.

last of all i wanna ask this, what did you guys think of Vaati?

PS. i think FF 13 seems pretty promising (even though i'm probably just gonna get versus 13 [main character is awesome])
psychokind
fuck yeah!

Resident

Gems 10,444

Postpsychokind Posted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:42 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

i HATE windwaker Smile great soundtrack, nice ideas, decent story and...

cell shading Mad
The Koholint Knight

Gems 7,572

Posttay120n64 Posted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:47 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Heck yes Vs XIII.

Anyway, Vaati was ok. I was just glad they introduced another villain. I mean, up till then we had Ganon, Nightmare, and Majora. So really just Ganon, lol.

I mean, when a civilization is around for centuries, you're going to convince me that it's only major threat was the same reincarnated spirit? Are you kidding?

eFlare
Level 12: Soul Knight

Administrator

Gems 5,813

PosteFlare Posted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:24 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

psychokind wrote:

cell shading Mad

The Wind Waker doesn't have a soundtrack. All music that featured in the Wind Waker, with the exception of.. maybe 5 specific songs (like the track "Ocean", are redone versions of other Zelda games.
Azure Phoenix

Gems 500

PostAzure Phoenix Posted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:29 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

psychokind wrote:
cell shading Mad

I totally agree with you 100%
tay120n64
The Koholint Knight

Gems 7,572

Posttay120n64 Posted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:20 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

eFlare wrote:
The Wind Waker doesn't have a soundtrack. All music that featured in the Wind Waker, with the exception of.. maybe 5 specific songs (like the track "Ocean", are redone versions of other Zelda games.

What on earth are you talking about? Were you even paying attention? The ONLY songs that were remixed were the staple tracks: Master Sword, Princess Zelda, Ganon's Theme, Hyrule Castle, Get Item A & B, Overworld Theme (Ocean), Phantom Ganon, and Fairy Fountain. That's NINE out of ONE HUNDRED THIRTY THREE tracks.

How can you say there isn't any original music? That's almost all The Wind Waker was. The music was it's strongest feature right next to, ironically, the graphics. Unfortunately, not everyone took to the latter... (I Love them!)

Azure Phoenix

Gems 500

PostAzure Phoenix Posted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:25 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

*cough* you forgot about the fact that after beating the game once you don't have to wear the shitty tunic *cough*
Ocie Denver
Level 17: Jealous Spirit

Resident

Gems 12,559

PostOcie Denver Posted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:03 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

another Zelda on DS... I thought they work on Zelda Four Swords (working title) for DS...
No Zelda Wii for us? Mad

tay120n64 wrote:
Honestly, I'm holding my judgment, but I am concerned. As long as it's less linear than PH, I won't have a problem.

Oh, and no "Ocean King Temple".

Well, would you like to see another cursed Water Temple in Spirit Tracks? Evil or Very Mad
fuck yeah!

Resident

Gems 10,444

Postpsychokind Posted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:47 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

eFlare wrote:
psychokind wrote:

cell shading Mad

I know, but the rearrangement is great. my father asked asked me about this nice folk music when he heard the credit theme by chance in the car.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> General Gaming All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: