TerraEarth Forums

Which Zelda is the best?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> General Gaming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ocie Denver
Level 17: Jealous Spirit

Resident

Gems 12,559

PostOcie Denver Posted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 10:20 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn it, WW would ownd every Nintendo games if it isnt for kiddy graphics...
Original Ganon look coolest than kiddy WW version! Shocked so is his wicked sword.
I dont care if original version looks too scary to children or too violence...it STILL OWND better than stupid cell graphics! Twisted

[EDIT] On second thoughts, are they looks familiar to you? Perhaps they're just deleted intro scene in SSMB or am I miss something?
Level 3: Cadet

Level 3: Cadet

Gems 1,000

PostTifu Posted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 11:48 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never had a problem with Windwakers graphics. My problem with the game is that it's so damn short. If they hadn't cut those two dungeons to make it playable by all the family then it could have been one of the best...

Re: familiarity of screenies
They may have used the models in SSBM for all I know, but that is certainly clips that were presented at the time of their release as being for the new Zelda. I've seen the video they came from (unfortunately in VERY small resolution) and it was a showcase of the games engine. Demonstrating Link and Ganon fighting in a nice castle environment... I shall see if I can find it again, as the download I got it from seems to have died

*edit*
Took a while, but finally got it Smile
2000 trailer
Click on the "videos" box next to the screenshot box. It seems to be rather slow, but what can ya do :/
Also, for info on what info on the game there was at the time click here
It's better quality than the one I recall seeing, but it sure is short...

Katey's Quest complete
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Windows Live Messenger
arkisdabomb
Level 9: Sabre Dog

Level 9: Sabre Dog

Gems 2,148

Postarkisdabomb Posted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 7:00 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Freedan, the Dark Knight"]
rainichan wrote:
.... ><!!

I hate when people favour graphics over anything else. That's why game makers have been creating an influx of graphically-charged games that suck.

Graphics are just something extra you get when you play the game to me. I look more for gameplay, story and music before I look at graphics.

*Agrees 100%

Graphics are not what makes a game enjoyable, despite what some people would have you believe. The idea that "Nintendo is too kiddy" comes from this (most of Wind Waker's negative attention comes from it's graphics.... a friend of mine won't play it because of how it looks). It takes a real video game lover to appreciate a game for what it really is, and I like to count myself among them.

What I was saying, is that the graphics are good, but I don't fully judge a game on that. My favorite game is FF6, and half my friend hate it because, and I quote, "The graphics suck".
Coz
Level 12: Soul Knight

Resident

Gems 6,017

PostCoz Posted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 12:39 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I loved Wind waker's graphics.

However the Nintendo folks overdid it a little however, and I guess Deathpit feels disapointed but he just say they suck and didn't give it a chance.

For example I liked that the face was more expresive; I loved the cell shading by itself my problem was the models.

I mean, that HUGE head Zelda, Link and so many characters have it's in the models not the cell shading, and some of that stuff was too much for me :p

And strangely, I loved the new ganondorf. I like the old too but I think it was a bright look ^^
Freedan
Level 19: Soul Blazer

Resident

Gems 10,167

PostFreedan Posted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 3:07 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Deathpit wrote:
Damn it, WW would ownd every Nintendo games if it isnt for kiddy graphics...
Original Ganon look coolest than kiddy WW version! Shocked so is his wicked sword.
I dont care if original version looks too scary to children or too violence...it STILL OWND better than stupid cell graphics! Twisted

Wind Waker owned anyway. The graphics didn't matter; they never have for a Zelda game. It's always, always been about how they play.

It took guts for Nintendo to do what they did, and I think it worked well. The sales figures say otherwise, but that's because too many people are graphics whores who won't play anything without blood in it.

For the record, those twin swords of Ganon's looked awesome. Cool Guy

@ Raini: The 3rd picture you posted, the one of Link looking surprised... I'm sure I've seen that among the screenshots for this upcoming Zelda. I'd have to check around again, but I'm more sure now that it might be the same game.

inferiare
TerraEarth Historian

Level 20: Guardian of Pandora

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 4:44 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

As for the WW Ganon thing... the ORIGINAL Ganon was a bull...dog...thing... guy. Yeah. Neutral (I'm not too sure how to explain him if you couldn't tell)

When I first saw how Nintendo changed the GC Zelda to the cel-shaded graphics, I was pretty mad. I wanted hot adult Link in all his hawt glory, but they changed it to make it "kiddy". Then I realized it still looked awesome. Then I got Wild Arms 3, and they use cel-shaded graphics for the characters and such.

You get used to it after a while; it's a nice way to do graphics, imo.

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Windows Live Messenger
Muerte
Level 15: Bloody Chariot

Resident

Gems 1,872

PostMuerte Posted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 4:46 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

it really depends on the type of game i think ... i couldn't picture a cel shaded resident evil Neutral
inferiare
TerraEarth Historian

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 4:49 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Well... yeah. But seriously, the cel-shaded graphics take a bit more time than the 3D-rendered models. It gives the games that are cel-shaded a nice look. But some games just NEED to be 3D-rendered.

...though FFXI would look funny cel-shaded. Razz

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
Muerte

Resident

Gems 1,872

PostMuerte Posted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 4:51 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

cel shaded = more light hearted ... everyone needs that at some point i thinks

3d rendered = really mad looking or really shit ... just depends ifs its done well or not ... though most places are good with it now
Freedan

Resident

Gems 10,167

PostFreedan Posted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 4:52 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I hated the cel-shading for Zelda at first, but it didn't take long to change my mind. In a time when every game coming out is dark and foreboding, it was really refreshing to get a game that's so bright and easy on the eyes.

But it's been said a million times, graphics don't mean shyte. The game was a blast to play, so I still make a campaign every now and then. Cool Guy

inferiare
TerraEarth Historian

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 4:54 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course. Very Happy The graphics used to matter to me, but then I realized that as long as the controls, gameplay, story and music were good, it shouldn't matter. If the graphics are good, hey, even better. If they aren't, oh well. I'll still play it.

That's why I played Lunar 1 and 2 on the playstation. They were sprites from the 16-bit era, but that made the game SO much cooler.

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
Ocie Denver
Level 17: Jealous Spirit

Resident

Gems 12,559

PostOcie Denver Posted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 5:18 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Coz wrote:
However the Nintendo folks overdid it a little however, and I guess Deathpit feels disapointed but he just say they suck and didn't give it a chance.

What? I dont say anything wrong against Nintendo or their games. They do magic more than others do. I do have WW along with other Zelda games include Collector's Edition.
Previously known as Aoiga

Level 13: Blood Skeleton

Resident

Gems 1,121

Postblueisalive Posted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 6:27 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

What are 'kiddy graphics'? I think it's a narrow-minded view society has forced upon things. Do you like the 'kiddy graphics' because you are embarrassed of them? I thought they were nice and airy... It still feels 'new' when I play it because of it's vector art-ish minimalism. I don't feel ashamed to play it, putting an age group to an art form seems silly and vain to me. Neutral

Yay! I won something!
Thanx raini for the great sigs!
Freedan

Resident

Gems 10,167

PostFreedan Posted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 1:53 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

"Kiddy graphics" is an invention of rabid PS2 and X-Box fanboys to justify their pointless contempt for the gamecube.

Like I care, though. If they want to deprive themselves of great games because of how they look, it makes no difference to me. Makes it that much easier for me to find a copy of the game.

Muerte

Resident

Gems 1,872

PostMuerte Posted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 9:13 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Kiddy colourful graphics is a great change of pace from the more and more popular dark and gloomy graphics (never thought i'd say that Surprised )
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> General Gaming All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: