TerraEarth Forums

Shadow of the Colossus Movie
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> General Gaming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ratty Randnums
Level 7: Raiden

Gems 2,115

PostRatty Randnums Posted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:43 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

tay120n64 wrote:
Actually, the Castlevania movie was just recently cancelled.

It might get picked back up at a later date, but probably not.

WooHoo! Alright. Yeah it would have already been made with Anderson directing as well as writing, but the writers strike caused it to be shelved for a while. But then I heard they were back at it, hope the license lapses and Konami comes to their senses, but that's not likely. x3
tay120n64
The Koholint Knight

Level 19: Soul Blazer

Gems 7,572

Posttay120n64 Posted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 3:15 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I was actually excited about it because Koji Igarashi was assisting in the project.

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Windows Live Messenger
Ratty Randnums

Gems 2,115

PostRatty Randnums Posted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:58 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

tay120n64 wrote:
Well I was actually excited about it because Koji Igarashi was assisting in the project.

He assisted/oversaw the cellphone exclusive game as well >>; .
Seriously though I don't know about old IGA sometimes. He helped create the X sub-series sure. An undeniable spark of greatness.

But, seems to me, he hasn't had any really new ideas since like '97 or so. Except trying to clean up the timeline with debatable success. (Legends story > his L.o.I story, for one thing.)
I read an interview with him a while back, about the release of Rondo of Blood on the PSP. Stated that he would like to work on other games at some point but he's more or less pidgin-holed, and ended with something like "I'm just waiting for my lottery winnings to come in so I can retire."
Over a decade working on a single series you didn't even create and it's easy to see how anybody could get burned out.

PS- what I heared about the movie had the timeline and origins of Dracula (whichever timeline you follow) completely messed up. Such as Simon and Trevor fighting side by side, seems like maybe they were going to have Trevor be Simon's nephew or something. The main part of the story being that in the 14th or 15th century a bunch of knights (Led by one of the Belmonts) take shelter in the castle and get picked off until the hero(s) are left. Don't remember which draft/version of the screenplay that was supposed to be though. Can't say how accurate it is anyway of course X3.
tay120n64
The Koholint Knight

Level 19: Soul Blazer

Gems 7,572

Posttay120n64 Posted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 4:00 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, if you think of the movie as a "re-telling" it doesn't necessarily have to be accurate, right?

Oh, and have you seen the trailer for the new Castlevania? Apparently, Kojima is overseeing it.

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Windows Live Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> General Gaming All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: