TerraEarth Forums

Ouroboros [game]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tifu
Level 3: Cadet

Level 3: Cadet

Gems 1,000

PostTifu Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 12:03 pm   Post subject: Ouroboros [game] Reply with quote

I assume place is for showcasing anything we create, and not just pics or writings as mentioned in fora description? If not, please delete and beat me about the head yo.

Ouroboros
ZIP version - RAR version
(download RAR if possible as it is smaller please)
You will need DirectX9 or better to run it.. but you should have that anyway rareth!

Ouroboros page is here, for more screenshots and info on stuff
And you can read a review of the game at Gamehippo Smile

This is a puzzley game I made last year for a competition (I was one of the top winners, yayeth *beams with pride*)

Basically, it is a remake of Snake/Nibbles in 3D but it is very very different. The objective of each level is no longer just to eat all the pickups, but (as you are the Ouroboros, greek word meaing 'tail-eater') once you have eaten all of the Golden Scarabs littering each level, the tip of your tail will transform, and then you must manouver to eat it, to end the level.
And it's not as easy as that, because trying to stop you will be levels filled with hideous puzzles, anubis guards, water traps (don't stay in too long, you'll drown D: ) and all kinds of hazards mahaha Smile

The game comes with 40-odd levels, a "classic snake" version, a fair few secrets and a level creator Surprised

The biggest complaint I have received about the game is that the controls are awkward. They do take a while to get used to... but I hope it's worth it Smile uhm, enjoy.

I also made a much smaller game called Pegbrain the Pirate which doesn't deserve a post on it's own cos it's so small and simple. It's a kind of minesweeper-ish puzzle logic thing... made in about a week.

Katey's Quest complete
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Windows Live Messenger
Freedan
Level 19: Soul Blazer

Resident

Gems 10,167

PostFreedan Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 12:17 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

That sounds kind of cool.... I was always good at games like that. When I get some more time, I'll probably d/l it and set it up.

inferiare
TerraEarth Historian

Level 20: Guardian of Pandora

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 9:13 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Same here. Work will be calling to me shortly, so I can only post and moderate the boards for now. :mrgreen:

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Windows Live Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Showcasing All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: