TerraEarth Forums

[Need Help]Terranigma - Damage Calculation

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Fan Made Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheKing2
Level 5: Sabre Wolf

Gems 434

PostTheKing2 Posted: Thu May 07, 2009 7:00 pm   Post subject: [Need Help]Terranigma - Damage Calculation Reply with quote

Hey there,

I need the help of someone who has plenty time and may be also good in maths...

I am now at a point in my Projekt Terranigma 2 - The Continuance where I cannot use my old Damage-Formula anymore... so, my question now is, can anyone figuring out the formula used in Terranigma (1) to calculate the deald damage?

It should just contain the Strenght/Atk, Def-Stats and, I quess, Level (becaue the taken/dealt damage decreases/increases rapidly at a new level, even with small stat-changes). I do not need Luck in the formula at all.

Okay, I hope someone can figure it out (well, I don't need a 100% similar one... just one that is some kind of the one in Terranigma). I would give credits in my game. You may write it however you want, I will put it into maker-code. However, here it the code I use now:

Quote:

atk = [attacker.atk - self.pdef / 2, 0].max
self.damage = (atk^2)/2 * (20 + (attacker.str^2)/3) / 10*rand(2)

self.damage is the damage-output. I really do hope that someone can do this, but if you don't think this is possible or would take to much time, please tell me, I prefer a declining to no answer.

Greetings
The King
eFlare
Level 12: Soul Knight

Administrator

Gems 5,813

PosteFlare Posted: Thu May 07, 2009 8:25 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Arrow pointing right Moved your topic to our new Fan Made Games and Sequels board. Especially devoted to these kind of questions.
Azure Phoenix
Also Known as Arashi or Gemini

Level 13: Blood Skeleton

Level 13: Blood Skeleton

Gems 500

PostAzure Phoenix Posted: Thu May 07, 2009 8:41 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

normally i'd have a lot of free time but my exams are starting next week so i can't help at present but i'll see what i can do when i have the time
TheKing2

Gems 434

PostTheKing2 Posted: Thu May 07, 2009 8:44 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, that would be great, I do not need it right now, it may also take up tot the FV, only that its done... yes, I would thank you very much if you could do this when your exames are over and you have enough time.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Fan Made Games All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: