TerraEarth Forums

Pokemon Heart Gold & Soul Silver
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> General Gaming
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What are you most excited about seeing in Pokemon G/S for DS?
The Starters! Gimme Chikorita, Cindaquil, and Totodile, NOW!
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Lugia and Ho-oh! The best legendaries ever!
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Traveling to both Johto AND Kanto? Hellz yes.
100%
 100%  [ 4 ]
Pretty much every 2nd Gen Pokemon is badass.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 4

tay120n64
The Koholint Knight

Level 19: Soul Blazer

Gems 7,572

Posttay120n64 Posted: Fri May 08, 2009 6:17 pm   Post subject: Pokemon Heart Gold & Soul Silver Reply with quote

That's right! Pokemon Gold and Silver for the Game Boy Color are being re-made for the Nintendo DS! Named "Heart Gold" and "Soul Silver", these games are scheduled to release this fall in Japan, meaning that a Spring release is likely for NTSC and PAL regions.

So who is ready to return to Johto? Very Happy

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Windows Live Messenger
NoZKeY
Sent by The Master

Level 9: Sabre Dog

Level 9: Sabre Dog

Gems 5,959

PostNoZKeY Posted: Sat May 09, 2009 4:04 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

EDIT: SOME SPOILERS AHEAD

Why not a remake of Crystal? D:
Well.. its almost the same thing. Pokemon Crystal is the game i most played. ITS AWESOME! Not only because the old-school graphics, not only because i can travel to kanto after beating the game for first time. NOT ONLY because i can collect 16 medals in total, and NOT ONLY because i can catch Lugia and Suicune (i love them), the most awesome thing of this game is that YOU CAN BATTLE RED ITSELF. Red is the character from pokemon red and blue. In P.Crystal they talk of red as 'the best trainer in the world' and 'the only one who captured every pokemon'.

In other words, in Pokemon Crystal you can fight with ASH KETCHUM!!! And then you really beat the game. (its the harder battle excluding the tower...)
He has a pikachu with level 71 i think. (and he uses EARTHQUAKE!! DSmile

I want that game... i need a DS
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Windows Live Messenger
tay120n64
The Koholint Knight

Gems 7,572

Posttay120n64 Posted: Sat May 09, 2009 6:21 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Pikachu was Level 81, and Red was in Gold and Silver. Also, all the features from Crystal will be in the remake for sure, except the Suicune-related events will probably sit out.

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Windows Live Messenger
EverPhoenix

Resident

Gems 8,804

PostEverPhoenix Posted: Sat May 09, 2009 7:22 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

this will be so awesome. i cant wait.

will be interesting to see what new stuff they add to the remake. like they added the sevii islands to fire red/leaf green.

itll probably have everything the current gen4 games have, like the pokeradar, poketch, etc

and ash was in the original gsc (all 3), they just named him red after the manga character (or so id guess). he had the strongest party seen in any pokemon game so far (excluding battle tower).. unless something i missed goes above lvl81
Also Known as Arashi or Gemini

Level 13: Blood Skeleton

Gems 500

PostAzure Phoenix Posted: Sat May 09, 2009 9:11 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

EverPhoenix wrote:
and ash was in the original gsc (all 3), they just named him red after the manga character (or so id guess). he had the strongest party seen in any pokemon game so far (excluding battle tower).. unless something i missed goes above lvl81

who was easily owned single-handedly (or however you want to type it) by my lvl 100 mewtwo... emphasis on the Phrase 'single-handedly'
Flamez
Hail to the King baby!

Level 16: Cursed Armor

Resident

Gems 7,228

PostFlamez Posted: Sat May 09, 2009 10:46 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Azure Phoenix wrote:
EverPhoenix wrote:

who was easily owned single-handedly (or however you want to type it) by my lvl 100 mewtwo... emphasis on the Phrase 'single-handedly'

ASH: Pikachu I choose you!
ME: I choose you Mewtwo!

-10 seconds later-
ME: So who wants a Pika-bbq?

Joined TE on May 30, 2002, 2:26am!
Yeah, beat that.

I'm hot stuff.

http://terraearth.proboards.com - Original TE forums.
http://www.facebook.com/lochy - I gots facebook! yay for social networking?
Manibrandr System

Gems 6,953

PostManibrandr System Posted: Sat May 09, 2009 11:56 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Azure Phoenix wrote:
EverPhoenix wrote:

Pfft, what do you expect? That's actually pretty cheap if you ask me and it tells me that you've been level grinding a lot.

Gems 500

PostAzure Phoenix Posted: Sat May 09, 2009 6:26 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Valerie Valens wrote:
Azure Phoenix wrote:
EverPhoenix wrote:

Pfft, what do you expect? That's actually pretty cheap if you ask me and it tells me that you've been level grinding a lot.

when it comes down to it in the end it's all that's left, i caught all of them and got them up to lvl 100, i could probably beat ash (or red if you prefer) with any of them.

and i 'expect' there to be more to the game, when you look at it long enough the game is pretty damn empty, usually the same storyline, new map, some new pokemon the odd utility and extra activity, it's too repetitive if you ask me, i'm just waiting for the day they improve it but i guess that may be a false hope...

is that a satisfactory reply? if not then tough, i've better things to do
Manibrandr System

Gems 6,953

PostManibrandr System Posted: Sat May 09, 2009 10:36 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

You need more friends then. That is what kept me playing, linked battles with friends.

Resident

Gems 8,804

PostEverPhoenix Posted: Sun May 10, 2009 3:36 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Valerie Valens wrote:
You need more friends then. That is what kept me playing, linked battles with friends.

pokemon without friends isnt even that fun. its the trading and talking to friends who are also doing the same thing that makes it so good

Gems 6,953

PostManibrandr System Posted: Sun May 10, 2009 4:37 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, the link battles, especially the link battles. Very Happy

Gems 500

PostAzure Phoenix Posted: Sun May 10, 2009 4:32 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Valerie Valens wrote:

yes well i'm not as forunate as you, some of us are unlucky enough to live in communities filled with alcoholic smoking retards, you can quote me on that FACT, and may i point out that this is just people my age (16) the people younger aren't much different, in fact half of them are worse, but the older people happen to have more sense thankfully

but i have tried link battles before although not many and it doesn't add much to the game, oh and i have done the trading side of it, i have completed the pokedex after all... not that it's saying much since the game is now at the bottom of a box somewhere.

but yeah it might seem more appealing with more people but then again a level limit increase wouldn't go unnoticed, 100 just isn't enough...
tay120n64
The Koholint Knight

Gems 7,572

Posttay120n64 Posted: Sun May 10, 2009 6:22 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

See, I disagree, I think there was plenty to do in Gold/Silver. As opposed to Platinum where there's just too damn much. Plus, back in the 2nd generation, they were still pretty creative when it came to designing Pokemon. Yeah, the gameplay is the same in all the games, but the same could be said of any Nintendo series, and that's okay.

If you want to play something innovative, move on to a new IP. But sequels exist for a reason. I am not opposed to playing The same Zelda/Kirby/Mario game a bajillion times in a row, simply because I enjoy that type of experience. There's nothing wrong with gameplay that is similar, as long as it feels fresh somewhere. A good game is a good game, after all.

Azure Phoenix

Gems 500

PostAzure Phoenix Posted: Sun May 10, 2009 7:10 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

tay120n64 wrote:
There's nothing wrong with gameplay that is similar, as long as it feels fresh somewhere.

which is exactly where gold and silver let me down and where most of the other games let me down, i like the sequals to other games that have the same gameplay as the originals but i do so because it has other factors that make it good, a fresh plotline for one thing and a notable amount of things to do, in a lot of the pokemon games i don't get that, sure some of them do in fact add a lot to the game by ways of things to do but to me it isn't enough, too much of it is similar to the old games and that is where it fails entirely, i'm not saying that every bit of the game was bad but as a whole it was, the peices were partially good, great even but it just didn't make the right spark when put together if you see what i mean.

and one more thing to strengthen my reply before, more friends from around where i live won't help, if it isn't on the xbox, they don't care about playing it, too bad really, oh and the games have to have a connection to skateboards snowboarding, bikes, drugs, sex and alcohol, it would seem that the main ambition for most teenagers these days is to be a 'gangster' for god knows what reasons, note that i don't count myself among them because i don't have the mental age of 3 unlike a lot of those people around me.

anyway, can we go on about something posotive in connection to this poll, i feel like i'm dragging it into a bottomless pit. Sad
tay120n64
The Koholint Knight

Gems 7,572

Posttay120n64 Posted: Mon May 11, 2009 4:46 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Azure Phoenix wrote:
anyway, can we go on about something positive in connection to this poll

Pokemon Gold and Silver are awesome. (+1 Morale)

On a side note, I understand how you feel about the whole "people around you aren't into anything of merit" thing. It was the same way when I was a teenager. However, discussing that is perhaps best left to a new thread?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> General Gaming All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: