TerraEarth Forums

Under-Rated Games
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> General Gaming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Manibrandr System
Level 19: Soul Blazer

Gems 6,953

PostManibrandr System Posted: Tue May 26, 2009 6:31 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I know, they really dropped the ball on that one with SoF 3
The Undying TE Fanatic

Level 20: Guardian of Pandora

Gems 8,090
Location: Tiptoeing the line between confidence and arrogance.

PostJason Tandro Posted: Wed May 27, 2009 1:23 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh we're into under-rated shooters eh? Can we talk about a little game called Time Crisis?

I loved those games! The first one was hard, the third one lost the formula, but the second was perfect! I and and my sister blew $20 when we were 16 an 14 respectively to get to the end of that game, but it was totally worth every penny!

Rest in peace, old avatar.
chicken
manifested spam

Level 17: Jealous Spirit

Resident

Gems 7,352

Postchicken Posted: Wed May 27, 2009 6:51 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

meh, i dont appreciate those games in gaming hells... as you said, costs you a lot of money to get through (IF you are good enough) ONCE.

practical situation: i bought a used copy of SAN FRANCISCO RUSH for the N64 for like 20 bucks (it was very long ago so i dont really remember the price) ... awesome game, couldnt stop playing... then, on vacation, i went to a gaming hell with my parents and mom challenged me on SFR... it cost her 2 bucks for ONE race (since she payed for both of us).

sure, you do get a differents feeling if you can sit in a car-like construction with a bigger screen and an actual gearshift. and still, thats not worth it, if you ask me.

winner of the following awards:

Biggest Spammer
Most Annoying Poster
the Pie Award Very Happy
Funniest Poster

posting more than one exclamation mark is a sign for mental disturbtion...

yay for jase Very Happy
psychokind
fuck yeah!

Resident

Gems 10,444

Postpsychokind Posted: Wed May 27, 2009 12:35 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

neverwinter nights 2. oblivion and gothic 3 overhyped, nobody took notice that nwn 2 was actually released. but suddenly, by mouth-to-mouth propaganda, the best rpg 2007 was decided. and instantly got 2 addons.
Level 6: Stone Golum

Gems 6,064

Postsubjectnamehere Posted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:55 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney: Justice For All.
Resident Evil 4.
Final Fantasy V.
Mantaray
Level 14: Chariot

Resident

Gems 6,635

PostMantaray Posted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:39 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

subjectnamehere wrote:
Final Fantasy V.

That game was awesome. And I think the characters in that one had a lot more personality in the series than most. Plus the plot twists were amazing. And you got to level up on a piano! Razz

Final Fantasy: Mystic Quest
lucas_kelly11

Gems 3,009

Postlucas_kelly11 Posted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:46 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Lost Odyssey for Xbox 360 was very underrated in my opinion. Its easily one of the best RPG's I have ever played in my entire life.
Sent by The Master

Level 9: Sabre Dog

Level 9: Sabre Dog

Gems 5,959

PostNoZKeY Posted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:13 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

sora-mage wrote:
subjectnamehere wrote:
Final Fantasy V.

That game was awesome. And I think the characters in that one had a lot more personality in the series than most. Plus the plot twists were amazing. And you got to level up on a piano! Razz

Final Fantasy: Mystic Quest

I AGREE! i love that game, i am actually playing it for 9999th time
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Windows Live Messenger
Cygnus
Level 3: Cadet

Level 3: Cadet

Gems 119

PostCygnus Posted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 11:39 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

chicken wrote:
meh, i dont appreciate those games in gaming hells... as you said, costs you a lot of money to get through (IF you are good enough) ONCE.

practical situation: i bought a used copy of SAN FRANCISCO RUSH for the N64 for like 20 bucks (it was very long ago so i dont really remember the price) ... awesome game, couldnt stop playing... then, on vacation, i went to a gaming hell with my parents and mom challenged me on SFR... it cost her 2 bucks for ONE race (since she payed for both of us).

sure, you do get a differents feeling if you can sit in a car-like construction with a bigger screen and an actual gearshift. and still, thats not worth it, if you ask me.

You are wrong, gaming halls are an entirely different experience. Going there and having a good time with friends is a lot more fun than playing at home. It's true that it's expensive but nobody tells you to spend much. Unfortunately, most of them are closing down because they don't get as much benefits as before.

I remember, the first arcade machine I played was Art of Fighting (I thikn it was AoF2), it was in a frankfurt place, I always asked my parents for one play, and I always died when I had to fight with a ninja-like character whose name I don't recall.
Level 2: Whisp

Level 2: Whisp

Gems 71

PostMig-21 Posted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 7:45 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

A couple of underated beat-em-ups for the SNES I think are "Sonic Blast Man" and "Double Dragon". An underated platformer would be "Bubsy" the game had good graphics and action and was pretty long too. An uderated shooter I think was "Sunset Riders". That game was really fun.
Freedan

Resident

Gems 10,167

PostFreedan Posted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 7:49 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Super Double Dragon was fantastic. I'd be hard pressed to say whether I enjoyed that or DD3 (NES) more (God damn Ranzou was too flighty for his own good).

Never played the first Sonic Blast Man, but I did have the second one for a while. It was fun, but nothing remarkable.

Jason Tandro
The Undying TE Fanatic

Gems 8,090
Location: Tiptoeing the line between confidence and arrogance.

PostJason Tandro Posted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 9:50 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Mig-21 wrote:
A couple of underated beat-em-ups for the SNES I think are "Sonic Blast Man" and "Double Dragon". An underated platformer would be "Bubsy" the game had good graphics and action and was pretty long too. An uderated shooter I think was "Sunset Riders". That game was really fun.

Lol. And that led to Battle Toads Double Dragon, which was clearly the most awesome beat em up you could posess. What was with the S&M girls in the third stage though?

Rest in peace, old avatar.
EverPhoenix

Resident

Gems 8,804

PostEverPhoenix Posted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 5:10 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Jason Tandro wrote:
Mig-21 wrote:

Lol. And that led to Battle Toads Double Dragon, which was clearly the most awesome beat em up you could posess. What was with the S&M girls in the third stage though?

i remember that game. couldnt get very far in it though
TerraEarth Historian

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:56 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Bubsy! Those games were addicting. I'm so terrible at them, but they're so much fun. I like just zooming around levels since I suck at them so bad. XD

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Windows Live Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> General Gaming All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: