TerraEarth Forums

E3 2009
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> General Gaming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Freedan
Level 19: Soul Blazer

Resident

Gems 10,167

PostFreedan Posted: Mon May 25, 2009 10:45 pm   Post subject: E3 2009 Reply with quote

So apparently, E3 is somewhat of a big deal again. After the underwhelming snooze that was last year's E3, they've decided to return to the big show again. Except this time, attendance will be much more strictly limited to the media and business dudes.

Good, I say. There's no need for a bunch of guys who work at a game store going to E3, holding up lines and limiting access to the shows. With fewer people, smaller crowds and shorter lines, media dudes should be able to see more, get in more time with the big-name stuff, and report on more.

Anyway, this thread is to ask: what are you hoping (or expecting) to see from E3 this year? I (sadly) read an analyst's prediction (we all know how reliable those guys are), and his 'prediction' essentially boiled down to "Microsoft will say something, Sony will say something, Nintendo will say something". At least he's earning his six-figure salary.

Anyway, being a diehard Nintendo fan, I'm expecting them to tout their sales numbers (as they tend to do these days) and do the usual bragging about how many previously-non-gamers picked one up. After the self-patting on the back, I would love to see a trailer for this new Wii-specific Zelda they're supposedly working on. Maybe some news about a follow-up to Mario Galaxy (they suggested some time ago that a second Mario platformer for the system wasn't out of the question).

For the DS, how sweet would it be if they revealed another DS Castlevania? I know it hasn't been long since Order of Ecclesia hit, but Castlevanias seem to come to the DS around a year apart. If they are working on another one, this would be a good time to show it. And I'm sure there'll be something on Zelda: Spirit Tracks, which, despite the unusual premise of a train, I'm still looking forward to a great deal.

Thoughts?

tay120n64
The Koholint Knight

Gems 7,572

Posttay120n64 Posted: Mon May 25, 2009 11:03 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I'm certainly excited to see a return to form for E3, but I'm not expecting much from Nintendo. I figure if I keep my expectations low, I can be surprised easier. Obviously, there is going to be more on Spirit Tracks, there will probably be a preview of Pokemon Gold/Silver for DS, I imagine they'll announce another "NEW" GameCube game for Wii (they just announced Metroid Prime Trilogy for Wii), and they will probably show off the Wii Motion Plus in all its glory.

What I'd like to see, however, is a new Kirby game (a console one would be nice). Also, maybe a release date for the Classic Controller Pro? Who knows, maybe we'll finally get a release date for the supposedly amazing Mario & Luigi 3. A new console Mario or Zelda I'm not in any hurry for. Take your time and make them good, but for Christ's sake, give us something to chew on in the mean time. My DS gets daily action, but my Wii is getting dusty.

I heard a rumor about a year and a half ago that Square-Enix was considering a DS sequel to Mario RPG. Obviously, Geno did not make it into Brawl because negotiations were rough, but I'm still wondering if this game is out of the question. Maybe we'll hear something at E3?

In addition, I would love to hear about a possible Mirror's Edge 2. I know they were planning one, but from what I understand, it's still up in the air. Plus, I'd like to know if we are going to get the Kingdom Hearts DSi. That is enough to push a purchase. Otherwise, I'm getting a PSP and waiting for a price drop.

Mostly, I'm looking forward to the following games:

Pokemon Heart Gold/Soul Silver
Ghostbusters
Batman Arkham Asylum
Mario & Luigi 3
Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep
Kingdom Hearts: 368 & 1/2 Days
Zelda: Spirit Tracks
"New Castlevania" for 360/PS3
Beyond Good and Evil 2
Halo 3: ODST

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Windows Live Messenger
psychokind
fuck yeah!

Resident

Gems 10,444

Postpsychokind Posted: Mon May 25, 2009 11:42 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

as always, I'm expecting nothing. I remember oblivion being "so great" on the E3, and it sucked hard.

I think such game conventions are not representing anything...
The Koholint Knight

Gems 7,572

Posttay120n64 Posted: Tue May 26, 2009 1:04 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe, but being a fanboy, I like getting caught up in hype and anticipation. For me, part of a game's experience is the hype leading up to it.

Which is why Twilight Princess was so orgasmic.

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Windows Live Messenger
Freedan

Resident

Gems 10,167

PostFreedan Posted: Tue May 26, 2009 1:05 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Aiming low with the expectations is a good way to make sure you're pleasantly surprised, but I prefer to give in to hype.

Also, Mario and Luigi 3... I knew I was leaving something out of my 'wish list'.

tay120n64
The Koholint Knight

Gems 7,572

Posttay120n64 Posted: Tue May 26, 2009 1:08 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Something about playing as Bowser while Mario and Luigi are being digested strikes home with me... Plotting

inferiare
TerraEarth Historian

Level 20: Guardian of Pandora

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Tue May 26, 2009 3:22 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

God, if the Mario RPG thing is true, I will squee with joy. I have my copy for the SNES... in my SNES. Very Happy It's easily one of my favourite games, and damned if it wasn't one of the first proper RPGs I ever played. I still love the story even now and it's been 12+ years since it was released. Very Happy

Still, I hope to hear good things from people like NISA and Namco Bandai. Come ON NB, get off your asses and release the remaining Tales of... games here for us. Sad

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Windows Live Messenger
tay120n64
The Koholint Knight

Gems 7,572

Posttay120n64 Posted: Tue May 26, 2009 5:37 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Speaking of Japan-only games, I did hear a rumor that we will be getting Tatsunokou vs. Capcom for Wii in North America. It's supposed to be officially announced at E3. (though in a way, it already has been)

inferiare
TerraEarth Historian

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Tue May 26, 2009 5:50 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to see Namco x Bandai here, but NO. Sad

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Windows Live Messenger
tay120n64
The Koholint Knight

Gems 7,572

Posttay120n64 Posted: Tue May 26, 2009 5:51 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Those Shonen Jump fighting games for DS would be nice too. Sad

inferiare
TerraEarth Historian

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Tue May 26, 2009 5:56 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

You'd think they would. Those characters are only super popular here. -_-

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
EverPhoenix

Resident

Gems 8,804

PostEverPhoenix Posted: Tue May 26, 2009 12:54 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

tay120n64 wrote:
Those Shonen Jump fighting games for DS would be nice too. Sad

i think some of those shonen jump games (if im correct in assuming them to be naruto, bleach, etc) would be so much better a RPGs imo. so many potential storylines have turned out as nothing but button-mashing fighting games. hence why ive never bought/downloaded one

also, one of my friends heard a rumour somewhere of nintendo announcing a new zelda game this E3. not spirit tracks, but on wii. in the vein of twilight princess. i hope it is more than a rumour, coz this would be unfathomably epic

Resident

Gems 10,167

PostFreedan Posted: Tue May 26, 2009 9:40 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

EverPhoenix wrote:

i think some of those shonen jump games (if im corre
also, one of my friends heard a rumour somewhere of nintendo announcing a new zelda game this E3. not spirit tracks, but on wii. in the vein of twilight princess. i hope it is more than a rumour, coz this would be unfathomably epic

They'd be foolish not to, I think. There are a few major events for the companies over the year, but E3 is undoubtedly the most well-known to gamers. Everyone will be watching, so it's their time to shine for their customers. A new Zelda would definitely get people's attention. Remember the way the crowd erupted when Nintendo said they had "one last announcement", and Twilight Princess footage started playing?

There should be something soon... I've gotta believe they've been working on a Wii-specific Zelda pretty much since the Wii came along (or at the very least, started pitching ideas then). Zelda games tend to have long development times (on consoles, anyway), but it's about that time for one to hit.

tay120n64
The Koholint Knight

Gems 7,572

Posttay120n64 Posted: Tue May 26, 2009 10:28 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the longest wait we've had for a new Zelda game since the wait between Link's Awakening and Ocarina of Time. Ever since then, there has been a Zelda title, be it a remake or new game, every single year. Which I think kind of spoiled alot of fans...

Adversely, Mario games have been growing further and further apart. You know, come to think of it, where the hell is New Super Mario Bros. 2?

thefencemaster
Level 12: Soul Knight

Level 12: Soul Knight

Gems 6,011

Postthefencemaster Posted: Wed May 27, 2009 3:11 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

All I really want to hear about would be the two hand held Kingdom Hearts games.

unfortunately outside of those, I'm not all that interested in this generations video games. I will definitely get Spirit tracks when it comes out, but I'm not going to get my hopes up over it. I had a little bit of fun with Phantom Hourglass, but it wasn't really my kind of game (although i definitely commend Nintendo for trying something new and original with a video game, it gives me hope for the world of gaming)

-The Fence Master
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> General Gaming All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: