TerraEarth Forums

Hello there all :)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Introductions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Metall Ark (XD®)
Level 9: Sabre Dog

Level 9: Sabre Dog

Gems 3,051

PostMetall Ark (XD®) Posted: Sun May 31, 2009 8:54 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

welcome to TerraEarth I hope you will get fun

Hydra.7
Level 8: Amarante

Level 8: Amarante

Gems 1,000
Location: Someone told me Earth, but I don't believe them. c:

PostHydra.7 Posted: Sun May 31, 2009 10:16 pm   Post subject: c: Reply with quote

I recently came back here~

Welcome to TerraEarth! Very Happy
thefencemaster
Level 12: Soul Knight

Level 12: Soul Knight

Gems 6,011

Postthefencemaster Posted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:23 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello and welcome back, enjoy your stay and make sure you try some of the Ham, it is scrumptious

-The Fence Master
Ratty Randnums
Level 7: Raiden

Gems 2,115

PostRatty Randnums Posted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:54 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you everyone ^_^ you've made it a very warm welcome Smile

*nods to rainichan* I am pretty low in that department, I'll get right on it. (I wouldn't want Purple Pimp Vader to have to smack a h- er, me with his mind.)

Sorry I couldn't say thanks earlier, my internet has been off since yesterday morning and just got it back, still might go out again soon as things are looking.

But, again thank you all Smile

tay120n64-
Ehhh just a heads up- Castlevania doesn't translated well to 3D I'm afraid. I've played a bit of all of them except Curse of Darkness and they're all pretty sucky. I've been trying to beat Lament of Innocence (first ps2 title and chronologically the first in the series) on and off for quite a while now. I just can't take the boredom, it tries to imitate an imitator, namely Devil May Cry, but falls flat on it's face.
It's got what I like to call "Simon's Quest" Syndrome; only worse than that game and with far less of an excuse, considering the difference in hardware.
I've seen it estimated that there are a total of 30 rooms in the whole game, and if that's not accurate it sure feels like it. Copy and paste all the way. You'd think the people who made SOTN would realize that game is so great because of the sheer amount of detail and imagination that create the immersive experience of exploring the castle.
-But, nope, just like Simon's Quest the confusingly and boringly similar looking paths necessitate lots of tedious checking of walkthroughs. I hear Curse fixes some of those problems (and it has Crispen Freeman as the voice of the protagonist) but has others of it's own. Such as (I've heard) occasional if not permanent inability to truly run as a game play lengthening stunt. CV64 is obviously a rush job, not worth playing really since the story it tells is retold (with tweaks) in what is essentially it's finished version "Legacy of Darkness". Legacy is the best of the bunch, capturing the feel of the world better than the others, but it's platforming is still kind of Clunky (but then most 3D platformers are). It's expensive now though as an "ok" game being the best of the 3Ds x3,

PPS-
Jason Tandro wrote:
Welcome to the club, man. Any friend of Valerie's is a friend of mine. See you around!

Same Smile and hehe yeah don't plan to stop posting anytime soon XD don't know that I could X3 Smile

Last edited by Ratty Randnums on Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Lenc
Art Monkey

Level 11: Worlock

Resident

Gems 8,348

PostLenc Posted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:23 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Legacy was quite enjoyable. Although the 2D games are truely supirior. <3 Aria of Sorrow.

But! Kojima announced a new Castlevania for the 360/ps3 I am really curious what they are gonna do with it.

STEAM: Lenc Chroso
BNET: Blindeduif#2260
Ratty Randnums

Gems 2,115

PostRatty Randnums Posted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:41 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Lenc wrote:
Legacy was quite enjoyable. Although the 2D games are truely supirior. <3 Aria of Sorrow.

But! Kojima announced a new Castlevania for the 360/ps3 I am really curious what they are gonna do with it.

Yeah, I expect something about it at E3. At least to leanr whether it will actually be a direct sequel to SOTN or not, as a lot of speculation seems to run right now.
inferiare
TerraEarth Historian

Level 20: Guardian of Pandora

Administrator

Gems 14,507

Postinferiare Posted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:06 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Ratty Randnums wrote:
Thank you everyone ^_^ you've made it a very warm welcome Smile

*nods to rainichan* I am pretty low in that department, I'll get right on it. (I wouldn't want Purple Pimp Vader to have to smack a h- er, me with his mind.)

Good. SEE THAT YOU DO. Mad PURPLE PIMP VADER WAITS FOR NO ONE!

Very Happy

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Windows Live Messenger
psychokind
fuck yeah!

Level 19: Soul Blazer

Resident

Gems 10,445

Postpsychokind Posted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:29 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

your avatar... what cartoon is it from again?
Art Monkey

Resident

Gems 8,348

PostLenc Posted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:48 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Wasnt that an old cartoon on cartoon network?

Ratty Randnums

Gems 2,115

PostRatty Randnums Posted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:11 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Hehe, it's from "Super Secret Squirrel", (not to be confused with the regular "Secret Squirrel" series from the 60s) unfortunately it never got it's own show but was sandwhiched in between two other segments in the (IMO) very inferior "Two Stupid Dogs" program.

Many if not all of the Super Secret Squirrel toons are up on youtube though.
(I'd give a link but I haven't gotten enough posts to yet X3 - good protection against spambots though.)
Lenc
Art Monkey

Resident

Gems 8,348

PostLenc Posted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:21 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

i liked 2 stupid dogs... although nothing beats cow and chicken, I am weasel!

Ratty Randnums

Gems 2,115

PostRatty Randnums Posted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:32 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Lenc wrote:
Oh I thought it was ok. Just that it couldn't compare to SSS.
Manibrandr System

Gems 6,953

PostManibrandr System Posted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:54 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

SSS was the only reason I ever watched 2 Stupid Dogs. XD

Gems 2,115

PostRatty Randnums Posted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:52 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Lenc wrote:

I watched that show, Cow and Chicken, but I'm not sure why. It agitated me as often or more often than it entertained x3 just not my thing really.

Valerie Valens wrote:
SSS was the only reason I ever watched 2 Stupid Dogs. XD

Hells yeah XD. The diffrence in hamburger and steak X3. A sparkle of awesome is worth a double dose of mediocrity.
tay120n64
The Koholint Knight

Gems 7,572

Posttay120n64 Posted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:20 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Ratty Randnums wrote:
It's got what I like to call "Simon's Quest" Syndrome; only worse than that game and with far less of an excuse, considering the difference in hardware.

Awwww... Sad I liked Simon's Quest. Yeah, it was CONFUSING AS HELL. But the obscurity of it was charming. It's also worth pointing out that I really like Zelda II.

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Windows Live Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Introductions All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: