TerraEarth Forums

Hello there all :)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Introductions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ratty Randnums
Level 7: Raiden

Gems 2,115

PostRatty Randnums Posted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:09 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

tay120n64 wrote:
Ratty Randnums wrote:
It's got what I like to call "Simon's Quest" Syndrome; only worse than that game and with far less of an excuse, considering the difference in hardware.

Awwww... Sad I liked Simon's Quest. Yeah, it was CONFUSING AS HELL. But the obscurity of it was charming. It's also worth pointing out that I really like Zelda II.

Oh, it's a good adventure mind, one of the classics of the NES no doubt. As well as an admirable attempt to put more story in the game than the original.
But the insane amount of confusion* that you go through takes away from the game IMO. It strikes me, as Lament of Innocence does, of just wanting to force you to buy a walkthrough while pretending to be non-linear.**
The game gets a lot of flack since it was the AVGN's first review and everything of course, but overall it's at least "ok" IMO. Far from the worst in the series- which would be "Castlevania Adventure" (if one can't count the first arcade game), since that piece of crap is just BROKEN.

*It's worth pointing out however some of the common nerd-inspired complaints like "How would I know what to do with an Oak Stake?" are clearly explained in the game manual.

**Though in "Lament"'s case take out all of the endearing classic moments and replace them with the same boredom and monotony. The memory card file says it all with "Castlevania: L.O.I"

And in the end really, what would Castlevania be without "Bloody Tears"?
Manibrandr System
Level 19: Soul Blazer

Gems 6,953

PostManibrandr System Posted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:55 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

A miserable pile of secrets! Very Happy

Gems 2,115

PostRatty Randnums Posted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:22 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Valerie Valens wrote:
A miserable pile of secrets! Very Happy

Hehe X3
NoZKeY
Sent by The Master

Level 9: Sabre Dog

Level 9: Sabre Dog

Gems 5,959

PostNoZKeY Posted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 7:47 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I am soooo late, but hi and welcome to TerraEarth, enjoy your lifetime stay Very Happy

Btw, i have not played any Castlevania game seriously, but the soundtrack of the nes and snes games are awesome, specially Vampire Hunter and Bloody tears, actually trying to play the second one in guitar Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Windows Live Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Introductions All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: