TerraEarth Forums

Confessions of a Non-RPG player. /Your first RPG experience
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> General Gaming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
psychokind
fuck yeah!

Level 19: Soul Blazer

Resident

Gems 10,444

Postpsychokind Posted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 3:02 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Blade wrote:

Almost no skill required, the only thing you need is time, and money.

you should have played the end content. can't think of a more difficult MMO in terms of PvE, and especially in the classic wow your social and organizational skills had to be immense as the raid and/or guild leader.
Level 18: Earth Spirit

Resident

Gems 8,496

PostBlade Posted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 8:37 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I was rather refering to "skill" as in micro, or 1st person shooter-skill...
inferiare
TerraEarth Historian

Level 20: Guardian of Pandora

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 10:19 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

psychokind wrote:
Blade wrote:

you should have played the end content. can't think of a more difficult MMO in terms of PvE, and especially in the classic wow your social and organizational skills had to be immense as the raid and/or guild leader.

I dunno about WoW being the most difficult in PvE. I've had friends that play WoW who went "... Surprised holy shit that's crazy" at the stuff in FFXI concerning endgame things (why yes I'm slightly biased toward FFXI since I play it Very Happy).

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Windows Live Messenger
psychokind
fuck yeah!

Resident

Gems 10,444

Postpsychokind Posted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 11:11 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

rainichan wrote:
psychokind wrote:
Blade wrote:

I dunno about WoW being the most difficult in PvE. I've had friends that play WoW who went "... Surprised holy shit that's crazy" at the stuff in FFXI concerning endgame things (why yes I'm slightly biased toward FFXI since I play it Very Happy).

that might be highly possible^^ I can only speak of my experience, and that includes only WoW, GW, WAR, RoM, AoC, HG:L.

and as blade said, it's difficult to say what's difficult Very Happy in my opinion it was the organizational, social, tactical and leadership aspects of the game that made me think it was difficult. In an Ego-shooter, you're good if you're good (solo played), but organize raids for 39 other people...
Hail to the King baby!

Level 16: Cursed Armor

Resident

Gems 7,228

PostFlamez Posted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:32 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

wow is a joke, way to easy, reason I stopped playing, naxx was finished in under a week (people had to lvl to 80 b4 they entered and still did it inside a week) and uldar was done in 3. Wow has become a casual game all the challenge has gone from it.

Joined TE on May 30, 2002, 2:26am!
Yeah, beat that.

I'm hot stuff.

http://terraearth.proboards.com - Original TE forums.
http://www.facebook.com/lochy - I gots facebook! yay for social networking?
psychokind
fuck yeah!

Resident

Gems 10,444

Postpsychokind Posted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:42 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Flamez wrote:
wow is a joke, way to easy, reason I stopped playing, naxx was finished in under a week (people had to lvl to 80 b4 they entered and still did it inside a week) and uldar was done in 3. Wow has become a casual game all the challenge has gone from it.

I agree completely, it was the same for me. classic wow was a great game, the elite pve-players could rule in pvp with their uber equip; I loved that since I was one of them^^ BC seperated pvp and pve, but at least the pve was challenging, and now the frozen throne just sucks.

Gems 6,953

PostManibrandr System Posted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:38 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I would say that the entire MMO genre in general sucks.
TerraEarth Historian

Level 20: Guardian of Pandora

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:03 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Valerie Valens wrote:
I would say that the entire MMO genre in general sucks.

It only starts to suck when you get sites like WoW Detox because you're so addicted to the game. They're fun to play and you meet a bunch of people (it's almost like playing something like Serious Sam with friends when you make the friends Very Happy) but the endgame content is what makes people so OMG ADDICTED MUST GET X ITEM OH GOD MUST SURPASS THIS PERSON AAAAAH. I'll admit, I'd love to get the Relic gear in FFXI, however it includes doing the following:

-Getting into a Dynamis Linkshell (which is hard anyway) and possibly waiting your turn in getting the items. You also need a special item to get in, a set time to go in, and it can take a loooong time to get through to the boss. (Info on Dynamis)

-Getting Ancient Currency drops from mobs to pay for the relic pieces to actually be converted into the relic armour. At least, if I'm understanding correctly, you need the currency to convert armour pieces. How much, I'm not sure. However, this is what it takes to get your relic weapon and god does it make me want to curl up in a ball and cry.

Stuff like that is what get people addicted to MMO's (and incidentally, hearing the explanation for Dynamis and Relic sets made my WoW-playing friends go "...oh shit that's insane" about FFXI Very Happy), and while I want my Relic gear (to be among the few that have a full relic set on my server), I doubt I'll be able to do it. :/

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Windows Live Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> General Gaming All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: