TerraEarth Forums

Games you'd like to see remade (or perhaps a sequel to)
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> General Gaming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
inferiare
TerraEarth Historian

Level 20: Guardian of Pandora

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:23 am   Post subject: Games you'd like to see remade (or perhaps a sequel to) Reply with quote

A fitting topic for my 3600th post. Very Happy Anyway, I mean games besides the obvious SB trilogy here, games that made you go Surprised when you first played them, and still give you that reaction when you play them again. For me, the list is as follows:

Final Fantasy 6: Give it the same treatment that Final Fantasy 3 and 4 had, I mean. Of course, I don't think it'd be available on the DS, since the game is a lot more massive than FF4 ever was, so it would be viable on the PSP, perhaps. Can you imagine the Opera Scene in a remake?!

Super Mario RPG: Just a minor facelift, perhaps. Very Happy The story was awesome as it was, but I'd love to see things expanded as well.

Earthbound (Mother 2): Highly unlikely, but I'd love it all the same. Add in more Mr. Saturn content and I'd buy that game in a heartbeat.

Wild Arms 1 and 2: I know Wild Arms 1 had a remake (in the form of Wild Arms Alter Code: F) but the localization for the English-speakers was terrible and about 3 years outdated by the time the West (hur hur, I made a pun) saw the game. Plus, NO MORE VOICES LIKE THERE WERE IN THE JAPANESE VERSION. Mad Agetec's localization angered me, obviously, so I'd like to see an ACTUAL remake for the game, hopefully localized by XSEED or someone other than Agetec.

Wild Arms 2 would be a good candidate for a remake as well, considering the story in that game was pretty epic as well. Plus, updated design to Kanon? Yes, please.

Final Fantasy 8 and 9: Screw a remake for FF7 (as much as I'd like it, the retconning that would go on because Nomura chugs paint thinner for breakfast and lunch would drive me batshit insane), I want a remake for the two games I liked MORE than FF7.

Also, while on the topic, FFWikia says that the director for FF9 would love to make a sequel to that particular FF game. I'd LOVE to see that. It would be amazing.

Anyway, now that I'm done rambling on, what about you guys? Very Happy

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Windows Live Messenger
EverPhoenix
Level 19: Soul Blazer

Resident

Gems 8,804

PostEverPhoenix Posted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:03 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

ff6 is available on ds.

and as for games id like to see re-made

TERRANIGMA!!!! this would be so FUCKING AWESOME remade
LUFIA 2!!! same goes as for terranigma, far too good a game to leave as is

a 3D super metroid

a 3D aLttP

mario rpg could be good, yeah. would need quite the facelift though
Level 6: Stone Golum

Gems 6,064

Postsubjectnamehere Posted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:21 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Terranigma. With a new writing team this time. Preferably for the DS.

Final Fantasy IX deserves a PS3/360 remake. It's by far the best game in the series.

The MOTHER trilogy, for the DS.
lucas_kelly11

Gems 3,009

Postlucas_kelly11 Posted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:35 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

He(or she?) did say besides the obvious soul blazer trilogy, but yeah I would really like to see Terranigma remade. I'm sure there are some more games I would like to see remade but I cant think of them right now.

Gems 3,009

Postlucas_kelly11 Posted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:39 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

subjectnamehere wrote:

Final Fantasy IX deserves a PS3/360 remake. It's by far the best game in the series.

I would rather see a proper remake, not a DS remake. And why would they need a new writing team? Story seemed perfectly fine to me.

Gems 6,064

Postsubjectnamehere Posted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:52 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

lucas_kelly11 wrote:
subjectnamehere wrote:

I would rather see a proper remake, not a DS remake. And why would they need a new writing team? Story seemed perfectly fine to me.

Oh, don't get me wrong, the story is excellent! It's just... the translation is pretty meh. Y'know? I've heard on GameFAQs that the writers didn't speak english as their native language, but I'm not sure if this is true.

I wouldn't mind a sequel to Hotel Dusk: Room 215 either. It's easily the best game for the DS.
psychokind
fuck yeah!

Resident

Gems 10,444

Postpsychokind Posted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:17 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

TERR... ah wait, not the obvious sb trilogy Very Happy

dunno. most of the games I like had followers (nwn, gothic, elder scrolls). some were good, others sucked.

a proper SoM sequel would be coold.

chrono cross should have one, too.

world of warcraft 2! oh wait no, I want to be successfull in the university Very Happy
The Koholint Knight

Gems 7,572

Posttay120n64 Posted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:12 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Super Mario RPG, definitely. I'd love to see a sequel, but a DS revamp would be nice too.

As for FFVI? Nah. I don't ever want that game to get the treatment of FFIII & FFIV. I'm thinking something more like FF Tactics: War of the Lions for PSP. FFVI looks beautiful, and I loved the 2D sprite/3D backgrounds of the PSP Tactics.

Then there's Zelda: ALttP. Eiji Aonuma did say in an interview that he'd like to go back and do a full remake of it, so let's put that on the shelf next to the FFVII remake as "Plausible, But Not Anytime Soon."

But the game I'd like to see remade most? Zelda: Link's Awakening! Yeah, it was redone in color, but I'd like to see it on a console looking like Four Swords Adventures with expanded story and extra characters and side-quests. Very Happy

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Windows Live Messenger
Lenc
Art Monkey

Level 11: Worlock

Resident

Gems 8,348

PostLenc Posted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:11 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
the FFVII remake as "Plausible, But Not Anytime Soon."

They released FFVII on PSN for psp and PS3 (port) for 10 bucks. On one hand that MARVELOUS FFVII on mah psp Very Happy

on the other hand it basicly screws any chance of a remake this generation.

STEAM: Lenc Chroso
BNET: Blindeduif#2260
Mantaray
Level 14: Chariot

Resident

Gems 6,635

PostMantaray Posted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:57 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

any of the 2-D zelda games remade for wii or at least ds. oooooh yeah. except for minish cap. i mean, i love that game to death, but it's perfect the way it is Very Happy

and twilight princess. it SO needs a remake Biting SERIOUS IMPROVEMENT ):<

gradius 3. the soundtrack was awesome 'n i think it deserves attention.

animaniacs on the SNES. can you imagine them doing that dance in 3-D?

i'll think of more later..
tay120n64
The Koholint Knight

Gems 7,572

Posttay120n64 Posted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:56 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

sora-mage wrote:
animaniacs on the SNES. can you imagine them doing that dance in 3-D?

Laughing Laughing

Epic.

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Windows Live Messenger
Ratty Randnums
Level 7: Raiden

Level 7: Raiden

Gems 2,115

PostRatty Randnums Posted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:02 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, the problem with remakes is that if you remake something good, it's likely to fall short. But something bad there's the chance you'll get too close to the original.
Hm, well if they could do it right I wouldn't mind a 2.5D HD remake of the first
"The Lost Vikings" game.

tay120n64 wrote:
But the game I'd like to see remade most? Zelda: Link's Awakening! Yeah, it was redone in color, but I'd like to see it on a console looking like Four Swords Adventures with expanded story and extra characters and side-quests. Very Happy

I have that somewhere, bought it with some other games but never really got to play it.
So that's a definite recommendation then? Be a nice game to play through on the super gameboy I think.
subjectnamehere

Gems 6,064

Postsubjectnamehere Posted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:13 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think we need another remake of FFVI - I mean, the game is sweet, but how many copies of the same game do you need? We just got the GBA remakes for Ark's sake. I thought it was a good move to remake FFIII for DS since it had never been released outside Japan, but did we really need FFIV? One of the PS1 games would be a better choice in my opinion.
Manibrandr System

Gems 6,953

PostManibrandr System Posted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:02 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Zombies Ate My Neighbours - I'd like to see a more hi-res remix of this game with smoother animation, 8 directions of movement, 3-D particle-based special effects and a faster gameplay speed. Also some trimming away of redundant levels and a way to save the game instead of needing a password would be nice. Extras will include online features that allow players from across the world to team up in a co-operative multiplayer campaign. Combined with a full-featured level editor and modding tools, players can now share their levels and mods on top of that. While some may call for a 3-D FPS/TPS style remix, I think that a game like this is best left as a 2-D Arcade style action game.

Secret of Evermore - Hey, say what you want about square denying you Seiken Densetsu 3 outside of Japan, but this game is great. A fresh setting, fun gameplay mechanic and cool music. All this needs as a remix is a resolution bump up, smoother sprite animation, tweaks in the balance of gameplay mechanics, and the ability for up to 2 players to join you in your quest. Either by taking control of the dog, or with a character from their save files. IF we're lucky, we might even be granted a quest editor.

Rudora no Hihō - Hellz frickin yeah! There is something very satisfying about being able to kill your enemies with words you inscribe to your collection of spells, especially when said words are swear words. The story is great as well and the difficulty is very challenging. What I would like to see though, besides the bump up in the resolution and smoother animations, is the combat system changed slightly from party turn-based to a more contemporary conditional turn based system like in FFX, also individual spell inscription sets instead of a shared universal one with restrictions on how many spells that can be inscribed based on the character's experience level. As for music, I say Tsuyoshi Sekito and Ryuji Sasai should team up and make an epic arrangement of the soundtrack for the remix.

Tales of Eternia and Tales of Phantasia - I know that Tales of Phantasia has been ported and updated slightly countless times like a cheap whore, but honestly, all we need to do is look at one game whose style to imitate for a de facto remix : Tales of Destiny Remake. Seriously, it has a great system, great art direction and a level of user-friendliness that surpasses all instalments of the Tales of Series. Hell, if they are willing to completely revamp the system from the original for ToDR, they sure as fuck should be able to radically revamp the combat system for a Phantasia and Eternia remix. Namco, make a ToDR-styled remix of Phantasia and Eternia please, there is no excuse not to do it.
TerraEarth Historian

Level 20: Guardian of Pandora

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:34 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

EverPhoenix wrote:
ff6 is available on ds.

As a GBA port, sure. But I'm talking a DS remake like FF3 and 4 got.

@lucas_kelly11: Mad I'm a girl, kthx. My title wouldn't be "Teh Kween" if I were a guy, damn it. (but I'll forgive you. For now.)

@tay: Well, of course the game is beautiful as is. Very Happy I love all my old games, but I believe that cleaner graphics for the newer generation to realize that FF7 is NOT the be all, end all to the Final Fantasy series like they think. FF6 was a MUCH better game. Sure, it may not need a SHINY PS3 RERELEASE WITH CRAZY SHADING AND GRAPHICS!!11 or whatnot, but an upgrade to the psp perhaps with better cutscenes like they did with Anthology or whatnot? I think that would be amazing.

Val: Secret of Evermore is awesome, I don't care what anyone else says.

Lenc: I don't think they're remaking it anytime soon, unless that's their last part of the Complication-- er, FF7 Compilation (which is slated to end on the game's 20th anniversary).

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Windows Live Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> General Gaming All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: