TerraEarth Forums

Games you'd like to see remade (or perhaps a sequel to)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> General Gaming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SoulBlazerFan
Crisis Historian

Level 18: Earth Spirit

Resident

Gems 10,267

PostSoulBlazerFan Posted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:27 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Raini - FF8 PWNZ 7. I'd love to see that game remade.

Joan - Did you know there was a sequel to Zombies At My Neighbors? The name eludes me at the moment, but it had other creatures and no zombies though. If I remember the title I'll be sure to post it...

I'd personally like to see a 3D remake of Legend of Zelda: A Link To The Past. Or maybe American releases of the two Broadcast Satellaview Zelda games, BS Zelda and BS Zelda: The Tablet of Time.
"...at first it's fine and you think you have a dark side – it's exciting – and then you realise the dark side wins every time if you decide to indulge in it. It's also a completely different way of living when you know that...a different species of person." - Lana Del Rey
This User Has Completed

SBiF: Uppercutting cats since '09
Manibrandr System
Level 19: Soul Blazer

Gems 6,953

PostManibrandr System Posted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:41 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I am aware that there is a sequel, but word has it that the sequel is far from being as good as ZAMN.
Hail to the King baby!

Level 16: Cursed Armor

Resident

Gems 7,228

PostFlamez Posted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:19 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

careful lucas, rani is known for punishment

Id love to see Lufia 2 remade aslo FF6

Joined TE on May 30, 2002, 2:26am!
Yeah, beat that.

I'm hot stuff.

http://terraearth.proboards.com - Original TE forums.
http://www.facebook.com/lochy - I gots facebook! yay for social networking?
Manibrandr System

Gems 6,953

PostManibrandr System Posted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:21 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Lufia 2 and FF6
Level 12: Soul Knight

Level 12: Soul Knight

Gems 6,011

Postthefencemaster Posted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:03 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

If Square Enix would do a good remake of 6 without butchering anything too badly, I think that I would be able to die happy.

Remakes of 7 8 and 9 would be nice. I completely agree that 7 isn't the best game in the series (in my opinion, its actually one of the worst). Both 7 and 8 would be nice to see with really nice graphics. Not to say 9 wouldn't but that games graphics were really good as it was.

I'd really like it if they didn't remake the soul blazer trilogy, and instead just ported it to a hand held system. I think it would change the games too much if they went incredibly 3-d with those games.

-The Fence Master
Lenc
Art Monkey

Level 11: Worlock

Resident

Gems 8,348

PostLenc Posted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:02 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

rainichan wrote:

@lucas_kelly11: Mad I'm a girl, kthx. My title wouldn't be "Teh Kween" if I were a guy, damn it. (but I'll forgive you. For now.)

Someone just dodged a bullet

STEAM: Lenc Chroso
BNET: Blindeduif#2260
tay120n64
The Koholint Knight

Gems 7,572

Posttay120n64 Posted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:53 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

rainichan wrote:
I don't think they're remaking it anytime soon, unless that's their last part of the Complication-- er, FF7 Compilation (which is slated to end on the game's 20th anniversary).

Tetsuya Nomura said in an interview recently that Advent Children Complete marked the end of the Compilation of FFVII, "For now."

Which is why I said that the remake is, "Plausible, But Not Anytime Soon." Razz

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Windows Live Messenger
Manibrandr System

Gems 6,953

PostManibrandr System Posted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:20 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope he's done with it, because, damn, the FF7 compilation is truely a pile of shitbiscuits lathered in rotten cat piss and donkey diarrhea.
The Koholint Knight

Gems 7,572

Posttay120n64 Posted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:53 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Awww, that's a little unfair, lol.

Crisis Core was fun. And the new AC Complete was actually good and not just fun to watch for its fight scenes.

Although to be honest, I really think Nomura just makes up his stories as he goes along.

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Windows Live Messenger
Lenc
Art Monkey

Resident

Gems 8,348

PostLenc Posted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:02 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

WELL FF7 AC and CC where pretty cool.

Didnt like genesis though.

Lufia 2 get my vote on a remake

and I'd love to see Lost kingdoms 3, man that serie was underrated (yea it had its problems, but was so damn awsome)

Manibrandr System

Gems 6,953

PostManibrandr System Posted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:24 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I dunno, I watched FF7AC and I found that movie to be incredibly retarded and I hated it. I mean, come on! Cloud should be boning Tifa already and yet we still see him being an emo git over Aeris, what a pussy!
Art Monkey

Resident

Gems 8,348

PostLenc Posted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:34 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Valerie Valens wrote:
I dunno, I watched FF7AC and I found that movie to be incredibly retarded and I hated it. I mean, come on! Cloud should be boning Tifa already and yet we still see him being an emo git over Aeris, what a pussy!

He cant bone Tifa... She's mine Very Happy

inferiare
TerraEarth Historian

Level 20: Guardian of Pandora

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 3:05 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

@Joan: They could have done a lot better with the rest of the Compilation, but it'd be nice if Squeenix would bring Before Crisis to North America like they did for The After. Mad Goddamn cellphone games. Be nice if they did the same for Dirge of Cerberus: The Lost Chapters as well argh. /rage

...also, Nomura made Cloud more of an emo retard than he ever was in the original game. Original!Game Cloud was a dork. I mean, COME ON. "LET'S MOSEY?" ever since the Complication, he's all OMGWOEIAMFAIL instead of how he was. /more rage

@tay: Of course he does. There's a reason why my friends and I say he chugs paint thinner. A lot of stuff that was mentioned in the original FF7 (which he was only character designer for, and it was before his fetish with OMG ZIPPERS AND BELTS!!1!1) got retconned out because of his paint thinner chugging marathons (the original game never mentions that Chaos was a product of LOL LUCRECIA NEEDED TO SAVE HIM BECAUSE SHE FELT BAD BECAUSE SHE OMG KILLED DADDY, it's assumed that seeing her possibly just unlocks Chaos. Hojo was responsible for putting said limit monsters into his body and Vincent got in to the coffin of his own free will because he's OMGSOEMO. Dirge, I believe, makes that sort of confusing because it says Hojo puts him into the long sleep and the coffin. Wtf, Nomura.

...tl;dr, yes, he makes shit up as he goes along. :/ Also, his fetish with belts and zippers needs to die. As some goons put it, the next character he creates is gong to be nothing but a giant talking zipper with Squall-like belts around him.

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Windows Live Messenger
Manibrandr System

Gems 6,953

PostManibrandr System Posted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 4:30 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Belts and zippers. You know, that has got to be the most trashy and creatively bankrupt way of trying to "cool"-ify a character. It just makes them look stupid most of the time.
Level 7: Raiden

Level 7: Raiden

Gems 2,115

PostRatty Randnums Posted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 6:23 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Valerie Valens wrote:
Zombies Ate My Neighbours - I'd like to see a more hi-res remix of this game with smoother animation, 8 directions of movement, 3-D particle-based special effects and a faster gameplay speed. Also some trimming away of redundant levels and a way to save the game instead of needing a password would be nice. Extras will include online features that allow players from across the world to team up in a co-operative multiplayer campaign. Combined with a full-featured level editor and modding tools, players can now share their levels and mods on top of that. While some may call for a 3-D FPS/TPS style remix, I think that a game like this is best left as a 2-D Arcade style action game.

Secret of Evermore - Hey, say what you want about square denying you Seiken Densetsu 3 outside of Japan, but this game is great. A fresh setting, fun gameplay mechanic and cool music. All this needs as a remix is a resolution bump up, smoother sprite animation, tweaks in the balance of gameplay mechanics, and the ability for up to 2 players to join you in your quest. Either by taking control of the dog, or with a character from their save files. IF we're lucky, we might even be granted a quest editor.

Rudora no Hihō - Hellz frickin yeah! There is something very satisfying about being able to kill your enemies with words you inscribe to your collection of spells, especially when said words are swear words. The story is great as well and the difficulty is very challenging. What I would like to see though, besides the bump up in the resolution and smoother animations, is the combat system changed slightly from party turn-based to a more contemporary conditional turn based system like in FFX, also individual spell inscription sets instead of a shared universal one with restrictions on how many spells that can be inscribed based on the character's experience level. As for music, I say Tsuyoshi Sekito and Ryuji Sasai should team up and make an epic arrangement of the soundtrack for the remix.

Tales of Eternia and Tales of Phantasia - I know that Tales of Phantasia has been ported and updated slightly countless times like a cheap whore, but honestly, all we need to do is look at one game whose style to imitate for a de facto remix : Tales of Destiny Remake. Seriously, it has a great system, great art direction and a level of user-friendliness that surpasses all instalments of the Tales of Series. Hell, if they are willing to completely revamp the system from the original for ToDR, they sure as fuck should be able to radically revamp the combat system for a Phantasia and Eternia remix. Namco, make a ToDR-styled remix of Phantasia and Eternia please, there is no excuse not to do it.

I agree with this, though I've not played Evermore or the others I hear very good things about them. Zombies Ate My Neighbors is still an awesome puzzle game today, and a graphical update/minor cut to the filler would be amazing in any but the most incompetent of hands.

Also I believe the last cool character to wear a slunched over belt was (and correct me if I'm wrong) Han Solo. I mean, why the heck would most of these characters even need a belt like that, let alone three or four?
From what I've seen they don't seem to carry much on them. And the only reason you would wear one slunched down like that would be so you could draw your weapon faster in a shoot-out. Which I don't think applies to the kind of armaments these fellows are equipped with, like 7 foot gunblades.
In fact I imagine if you were routinely in life or death fights with monsters the last thing you'd want to worry about would be if your zippers got stuck when you were trying to pull something out (like a med kit) or if you're going to trip up due to an entanglement on one of the 7 belts haphazardly looped around your waist XD
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> General Gaming All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: