TerraEarth Forums

Ladies of the Soulblazer trilogy - Shadowoflight01
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yet One More Idiot
Level 15: Bloody Chariot

Resident

Gems 8,720

PostYet One More Idiot Posted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:50 pm   Post subject: Ladies of the Soulblazer trilogy - Shadowoflight01 Reply with quote

Well, I was going to include these in my other thread of the Showcasing category, but that thread is titled "art by Arabatos", and I have a couple more pics coming from him soon (hopefully - IoG and Terranigma related, respectively).

These three busts - they look so cool, imho, like they could be videogame-related trading cards - were made for me by a lovely lady on dA, called Shadowoflight . She was offering a few $10 bust commission slots, so I jumped at the chance. Wink

tay120n64
The Koholint Knight

Level 19: Soul Blazer

Gems 7,572

Posttay120n64 Posted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:03 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Those look fantastic!

I think Lisa's is my favorite. Wink

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Windows Live Messenger
EverPhoenix

Resident

Gems 8,804

PostEverPhoenix Posted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:14 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

i agree, i also think lisa is done the best. something about the eyes in all 3 pics kinda throws me though.

other than that, its awesome Cool Guy

Resident

Gems 8,720

PostYet One More Idiot Posted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:39 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, interesting. Two people who like Lisa the most....personally, my favourite of these busts is the one of Elle. To each their own, though. Cool
psychokind
fuck yeah!

Resident

Gems 10,444

Postpsychokind Posted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:56 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

wow they're awesome! I like elle the most, her clothes are really close to the original Smile

Gems 6,953

PostManibrandr System Posted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:13 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

That's awesome! I like it. Very Happy
The Undying TE Fanatic

Level 20: Guardian of Pandora

Gems 8,090
Location: Tiptoeing the line between confidence and arrogance.

PostJason Tandro Posted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:13 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually like Kara the best. Her design is simple, true to the game and drips cuteness (as do all three). You're a pretty damn good artist. Very Happy

Rest in peace, old avatar.
Yet One More Idiot

Resident

Gems 8,720

PostYet One More Idiot Posted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:37 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Jason Tandro wrote:
I actually like Kara the best. Her design is simple, true to the game and drips cuteness (as do all three). You're a pretty damn good artist. Very Happy

Me, a good artist? Laughing Sorry, that was just too funny....I can't draw a stick-man in proportion, never mind make good art like this. All art that I get is art that I've commissioned other people to draw for me.

And I agree, they do all practically drip cuteness (nice phrasing there btw), and Kara especially does match the art in the game manual. Smile
psychokind
fuck yeah!

Resident

Gems 10,444

Postpsychokind Posted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:13 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Yomi's Evil Twin Intern wrote:

Me, a good artist? Laughing Sorry, that was just too funny....I can't draw a stick-man in proportion, never mind make good art like this. All art that I get is art that I've commissioned other people to draw for me.

and we can consider ourselves very lucky here on terraearth to have somebody like you around Wink
Sent by The Master

Level 9: Sabre Dog

Level 9: Sabre Dog

Gems 5,959

PostNoZKeY Posted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 12:56 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

psychokind wrote:

and we can consider ourselves very lucky here on terraearth to have somebody like you around Wink

yeah and i am very grateful because of this, Y'sETI is my hero lol, thanks for letting us see that beautful art. i dont know which one is better.. Elle is really beautiful but could be more cute, Kara is simple and cute but Lisa looks more happy..
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Windows Live Messenger
Mantaray
Level 14: Chariot

Resident

Gems 6,635

PostMantaray Posted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 12:58 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Elle and Kara look a little over-busty, and their eyes kinda feel like they don't belong.. But THAT'S MINOR!!

Like Jason said, they still drip losta cuteness...

*shot*
Yet One More Idiot

Resident

Gems 8,720

PostYet One More Idiot Posted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 2:28 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

NoZKeY wrote:
yeah and i am very grateful because of this, Y'sETI is my hero lol, thanks for letting us see that beautful art. i dont know which one is better.. Elle is really beautiful but could be more cute, Kara is simple and cute but Lisa looks more happy..

Thank you for the kind words, NoZKeY and Psychokind. I chose my name to try to create a pronounceable acronym (YETI), although I had to use the possessive which I hadn't banked on.

I'm very glad too, that there are so many artists out there who are willing to draw sometimes quite random pieces of art (for other people) for cash. Smile

I wouldn't say that Elle looks particularly busty, and Kara's no more busty than Lisa is; the trouble is, the whole issue of age is never discussed....though they are most likely to be somewhere around the 15 mark; if Kara (and Will) were much younger, for example, I doubt Will's grandparents would let them wander off around the world...
EverPhoenix

Resident

Gems 8,804

PostEverPhoenix Posted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 6:23 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't say that Elle looks particularly busty, and Kara's no more busty than Lisa is; the trouble is, the whole issue of age is never discussed....though they are most likely to be somewhere around the 15 mark; if Kara (and Will) were much younger, for example, I doubt Will's grandparents would let them wander off around the world...

i dont think elle does, but on kara id have to agree with sora-mage. and for rpgs, ive known the age of party members to vary from about 8 (grandia 1) to mid 20s (ff7). so as much as 15 is around the average of the 2, i dont think it is that valid an assumption. i always saw ark at around 16, will at around 13 (from the fanart, never played the game far enough so dont know what his character is like), and blazer to be around 20 something (i played it a while ago, and dont remember any story, as such)
Level 8: Amarante

Level 8: Amarante

Gems 1,000
Location: Someone told me Earth, but I don't believe them. c:

PostHydra.7 Posted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:20 pm   Post subject: shizzz Reply with quote

They all look really good. Yay for the shininess! *o*
Yet One More Idiot

Resident

Gems 8,720

PostYet One More Idiot Posted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:32 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I recently realised I had a full-body portrait commission pic already paid for, but I'd never selected a character to feature in it (well actually I had two of 'em, but the other one went to Gina Gillotti from Dennis the Menace Smile). So I chose another Terranigma cutie. Very Happy

I asked Shadowoflight01 (deviantART) to draw me a portrait of Meilin, using as a reference the earlier pic I commissioned Karosu-Maker to draw ('cos it was just awesomesauce), and this is what she drew:

Cute, yes? I realise Meilin's legs are a bit long here, but maybe Meilin is using her magical powers of illusion to make her legs appear longer? Wink Regardless, I still think she looks adorable again. And the eyes... oh wow, those EYES.... Eek!

Cool Guy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Showcasing All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: