TerraEarth Forums

Something to think about...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Axe Kazama
Level 15: Bloody Chariot

Resident

Gems 3,005

PostAxe Kazama Posted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 4:48 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if I can get Freedan or Deathpit to say it.... Idea
Dark Samurai
Level 8: Amarante

Gems 500

PostDark Samurai Posted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 5:51 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Religion... a structure that early humans made to explain things in life that happened when they didn't have the means to understand it. Simple yet unproven answers that people use has a crutch in their everyday life, and a means to start wars because they are too narrow minded to see beyond their own ideas and beliefs.

Even though I'm a zen buddist, I also feel that I should live day by day and not spend my life worring about an afterlife.

Resident

Gems 1,872

PostMuerte Posted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 7:32 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

while i agree with that first paragraphy thingy ... i don't think you should actually say that unless you are arguing against something where that point would aid in your argument ... can't go around randomly insulting the way people think ... that would be like me insulting the way you talk, even though i haven't met you at any point in time ... pointless and rediculous ... we moved off the religion thing ages ago so if you wanna bring it back up be a bit suttle ... not just full on like that Very Happy
Dark Samurai

Gems 500

PostDark Samurai Posted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 2:15 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I forgot to add that even though I feel that religion may be a crutch for people, the majority of people still need to believe in something like that. Some people draw hope from religion, so it is an important part of their life. Not all people can live like I can, not that I'm bragging or anything.
TerraEarth Historian

Level 20: Guardian of Pandora

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 3:31 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Hm. I only know one other who is Buddhist. I find the religion quite interesting, actually. Though I'm Christian, I am no means closed-minded to other religions at all. Yes, I am still firm in what I believe, but I do find the beliefs of others interesting to see. Very Happy To date, I've been to a Mormon church (long service, it was. 3 hours. x.x; ) and if I had gone to my uncles funeral a couple years ago, I would have participated in a Buddhist funeral (my mom did at least, she didn't want me to go).

And, as you restarted the original topic, I don't use my religion as a crutch. Smile There has only been once, but it was for the sole reason I didn't want to die/be brain dead. If you're curious, I can't have immunizations, and people with religious exempts don't have to have them. After having immunizations as a baby, I had a number of seizures, and my mom would rather not have me brain dead or a corpse at all.

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Windows Live Messenger
Dark Samurai

Gems 500

PostDark Samurai Posted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 5:50 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I wasn't trying to insult anyone with what I said, I have no problems with any of the religions of the world. I hate it when people use religion as an easy way out of an answer, or when people use it as a manipulative tool to get others to do what they want(i.e. Bin Laden), or the people who feel that they need to convert others in order to "save them"( the tv evangelicals come to mind but I'm not going to point fingers), or the "Anal Christians"(as I call them) that find things they don't like and try to change them to their way(i.e. burning Magic, Yu-Gi-Oh, etc. cards, books, and praying for their "God" to save/help people who do not believe in their religion).

And before I wasn't trying to insult others with my idea about life and after life, and I'm sorry but I'm not so subtle.

Resident

Gems 1,872

PostMuerte Posted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 6:02 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

i aint insulted ... i don't believe in any religion myself ... just pointing out that you may accidently offend some people whether or not it was intentional
inferiare
TerraEarth Historian

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 6:51 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Dark Samurai wrote:
I wasn't trying to insult anyone with what I said, I have no problems with any of the religions of the world. I hate it when people use religion as an easy way out of an answer, or when people use it as a manipulative tool to get others to do what they want(i.e. Bin Laden), or the people who feel that they need to convert others in order to "save them"( the tv evangelicals come to mind but I'm not going to point fingers), or the "Anal Christians"(as I call them) that find things they don't like and try to change them to their way(i.e. burning Magic, Yu-Gi-Oh, etc. cards, books, and praying for their "God" to save/help people who do not believe in their religion).

And before I wasn't trying to insult others with my idea about life and after life, and I'm sorry but I'm not so subtle.

You didn't insult me at all. Very Happy But yes, Death-boy is right. You might wanna be more careful with what you say about religion (though it IS true)

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Windows Live Messenger
Muerte

Resident

Gems 1,872

PostMuerte Posted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 6:55 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

yes ... death-boy -_- ... what a joyous name i've got for myself Mr. Green
inferiare
TerraEarth Historian

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 7:00 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy You brought it upon yourself with that username.

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
blueisalive
Previously known as Aoiga

Level 13: Blood Skeleton

Resident

Gems 1,121

Postblueisalive Posted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 9:36 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Dark Samurai wrote:

Lol, Magic cards (and even Harry Potter! The evil! Laughing) are a-okay with the Catholic Church. D&D almost is as well, although there is still some debate in the Church about it.

Me and my brother [Divine Champion] converted one of our Catholic friends to liking D&D as well, even though his dad doesn't like it. Razz

But what you believe what you believe. I myself believe Agnosticism and atheism are convient excuses to do whatever they feel like but what can I say? Rolling Eyes

Yay! I won something!
Thanx raini for the great sigs!
Muerte

Resident

Gems 1,872

PostMuerte Posted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 9:52 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

but just because you may be atheist doesn't mean you just do what you want you still live by your beliefs ... what is right and wrong by your own standards etc ... blah blah blah ... not in the mood to think up a worthy argument Very Happy
blueisalive

Resident

Gems 1,121

Postblueisalive Posted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 9:56 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Muerte wrote:
but just because you may be atheist doesn't mean you just do what you want you still live by your beliefs ... what is right and wrong by your own standards etc ... blah blah blah ... not in the mood to think up a worthy argument Very Happy
Muerte, I understand, I am just ruffling you atheists' feathers. Razz

Yay! I won something!
Muerte

Resident

Gems 1,872

PostMuerte Posted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 10:14 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

oh you're calling me a freak now? Surprised ... I have no feathers Very Happy ... so therefore im not a freak ... and i haven't seen any other atheists with feathers so stop calling us freaks!!! Mad Mad Mad

nah ... just screwing round ... call us freaks all ya want Razz
blueisalive

Resident

Gems 1,121

Postblueisalive Posted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 12:39 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Muerte wrote:
oh you're calling me a freak now? Surprised ... I have no feathers Very Happy ... so therefore im not a freak ... and i haven't seen any other atheists with feathers so stop calling us freaks!!! Mad Mad Mad

nah ... just screwing round ... call us freaks all ya want Razz
Oh...Kay...

*steps away, slowly*

Kuso! Did you all see that post? I am turning into your all's kind! Soon it will be pages of one-line RP punchup spam. Banging Head

Yay! I won something!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: