TerraEarth Forums

Recent Purchases
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 60, 61, 62  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Interests Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SoulBlazerFan
Crisis Historian

Level 18: Earth Spirit

Resident

Gems 10,267

PostSoulBlazerFan Posted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:57 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Freedan wrote:
SoulBlazerFan wrote:
Are you also a wrestling fan Freedan? I'm interested, because my brother is a pro wrestler working the local area indy circuit. Very Happy

Very much so. I've been a fan since I was about 4 or so. I remember the old guys from the early 90s. And I still watch now.

I've always watched WWE, watched WCW when they were around (because they weren't on the same night as WWE, so it let me see something different), and I watched TNA for a while, but I had to stop because it became too excruciatingly stupid.

TNA has essentially become WCW... in an old folks home. These guys were stars there, top talent, back in 1994/95 all the way through the companies demise in 2001. Now, they're the top guys in that company in 2010? TNA was good when the focus was on up-and-comers, instead of tired old men.

I'm sorry, but Hogan shouldn't be wrestling anyone. He was a great star in his day, but his athleticism isn't there. I don't know whose more unbearable to watch- Hogan or Hitman. It's good to see Bret around again, but he should really have just stayed behind the camera, or at the very least, outside of the ring.

On topic: Two cases of Yoo-Hoo. Felt like being childish. Very Happy
"...at first it's fine and you think you have a dark side – it's exciting – and then you realise the dark side wins every time if you decide to indulge in it. It's also a completely different way of living when you know that...a different species of person." - Lana Del Rey
This User Has Completed

SBiF: Uppercutting cats since '09
Freedan
Level 19: Soul Blazer

Resident

Gems 10,167

PostFreedan Posted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:08 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I was glad to see Bret again, because I remember his whole history. I've been watching for 20 years, so I remember him in his prime, and I was around for Montreal.

After his Wrestlemania match with Vince though, I thought that would be it. I was confused as to why he was still hanging around after getting the 'closure' he was supposed to get. I'm afraid he'll wear out his welcome, which isn't how a Hall of Famer should be remembered.

And you're right, TNA is WCW now. That was cemented when TNA had Hogan, Nash, Hall and Bischoff in the same ring together.

They had a wide pool of young talent that could have been somebody if they were given the chance. Instead, they bring in washed-up WWE/WCW talent, and it's done them no good. Nash killed their X-division. Sting does nothing significant, Hall is too out of shape to wrestle, Hogan is too old, Mick Foley shouldn't be in the ring any more, Flair should retire.... just to name a few.

TNA is WCW, except for one crucial factor that will prevent them from ever becoming a real clone; WCW was, at one point, successful. TNA, barring a massive overhaul, never will be.

inferiare
TerraEarth Historian

Level 20: Guardian of Pandora

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 4:15 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Freedan wrote:

^ I bought this.

That's not a picture of my exact car, but it's the same thing.... same year, model and colour.

I spent most of my money, but it's worth it. Cool Guy

I think I hear "road trip" in a whisper in my head. Very Happy

Uh, on topic: recently purchased a ton of books ($80 worth), pita chips, and new-used DS and PSP games (Cooking Mama 2, Gardening Mama, Patapon, Loco Roco, Phantasy Star Portable)

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Windows Live Messenger
SoulBlazerFan
Crisis Historian

Resident

Gems 10,267

PostSoulBlazerFan Posted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 4:39 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Freedan wrote:
I was glad to see Bret again, because I remember his whole history. I've been watching for 20 years, so I remember him in his prime, and I was around for Montreal.

After his Wrestlemania match with Vince though, I thought that would be it. I was confused as to why he was still hanging around after getting the 'closure' he was supposed to get. I'm afraid he'll wear out his welcome, which isn't how a Hall of Famer should be remembered.

And you're right, TNA is WCW now. That was cemented when TNA had Hogan, Nash, Hall and Bischoff in the same ring together.

They had a wide pool of young talent that could have been somebody if they were given the chance. Instead, they bring in washed-up WWE/WCW talent, and it's done them no good. Nash killed their X-division. Sting does nothing significant, Hall is too out of shape to wrestle, Hogan is too old, Mick Foley shouldn't be in the ring any more, Flair should retire.... just to name a few.

TNA is WCW, except for one crucial factor that will prevent them from ever becoming a real clone; WCW was, at one point, successful. TNA, barring a massive overhaul, never will be.

You sound just like my brother. It's so true- and unfortunately TNA killed itself by just spending and spending and sacrificing talent for "names."
"...at first it's fine and you think you have a dark side – it's exciting – and then you realise the dark side wins every time if you decide to indulge in it. It's also a completely different way of living when you know that...a different species of person." - Lana Del Rey
This User Has Completed

tay120n64
The Koholint Knight

Gems 7,572

Posttay120n64 Posted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:41 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

This:

And This:

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Windows Live Messenger
EverPhoenix

Resident

Gems 8,804

PostEverPhoenix Posted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 4:55 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

tay120n64 wrote:
This:

this is the definition of awesome. seriously.
Prime Blue

Level 13: Blood Skeleton

Resident

Gems 3,213

PostMiss Prime Blue Posted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:06 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Big goomba is cute.

I want a stuffed Big Boo.

People live on because they forget about unpleasant things.
inferiare
TerraEarth Historian

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:41 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

All I can focus on with the goomba plushie is the crescent moon on its forehead, and that in turn makes me think of Sailor Moon.

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Windows Live Messenger
Miss Prime Blue
Prime Blue

Resident

Gems 3,213

PostMiss Prime Blue Posted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:05 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

inferiare wrote:
All I can focus on with the goomba plushie is the crescent moon on its forehead, and that in turn makes me think of Sailor Moon.

I KNOW, RIGHT??

inferiare
TerraEarth Historian

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:22 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Miss Prime Blue wrote:
inferiare wrote:

I KNOW, RIGHT??

Sailor Mario...?

WAIT NO THAT'S A BAD MENTAL IMAGE DO NOT WANT

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
SoulBlazerFan
Crisis Historian

Resident

Gems 10,267

PostSoulBlazerFan Posted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:11 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

inferiare wrote:
Miss Prime Blue wrote:
inferiare wrote:

I KNOW, RIGHT??

Sailor Mario...?

That image is going to haunt my dreams tonight. Gah.

Why does it have that crescent on there? Did they want to give him a unibrow?
This User Has Completed

Miss Prime Blue
Prime Blue

Resident

Gems 3,213

PostMiss Prime Blue Posted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:39 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

SoulBlazerFan wrote:
inferiare wrote:
Miss Prime Blue wrote:
inferiare wrote:

I KNOW, RIGHT??

Sailor Mario...?

That image is going to haunt my dreams tonight. Gah.

Why does it have that crescent on there? Did they want to give him a unibrow?

Isn't it obvious?

HE'S A MOON GOOMBA!

tay120n64
The Koholint Knight

Gems 7,572

Posttay120n64 Posted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:23 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

inferiare wrote:

It's just the lighting. To be honest, I didn't even know it was there until I saw it on the picture! Laughing

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Windows Live Messenger
Ocie Denver
Level 17: Jealous Spirit

Resident

Gems 12,559

PostOcie Denver Posted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:53 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's see what I got today... A hair cut at local barber shop and Lo Mein with pork and a large bottle of Mountain Dew from local chinese take-out restaurant for dinner before my class.
Couple weeks before that day, I purchased drinks and snacks from 7 Eleven stores near my home while I'm on way to my classes. I also purchased hundreds of medium crickets and super mealworms for my pet bearded dragon.
Level 12: Soul Knight

Resident

Gems 6,560

PostDark_Gaia Posted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:09 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

lol @ bearded dragon! theres about 30 outside my house on the road haha ok maybe not 30 but like 5
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Interests Board All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 60, 61, 62  Next
Page 35 of 62

Jump to: