TerraEarth Forums

Favourite Final Fantasy Lead Girl?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> General Gaming
View previous topic :: View next topic  

So... who is it?
Terra (FF6)
37%
 37%  [ 3 ]
Tifa (FF7)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Rinoa (FF8)
37%
 37%  [ 3 ]
Garnet (FF9)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Yuna (FFX)
25%
 25%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 8

EverPhoenix
Level 19: Soul Blazer

Resident

Gems 8,804

PostEverPhoenix Posted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:12 pm   Post subject: Favourite Final Fantasy Lead Girl? Reply with quote

I just finished FF9 the other day for the first time, and for some reason i wanted to run this poll. so who is your favourite lead girl from the following?

note that im only including those who i know, so the list is fairly limited.

any reasoning would be appreciated, whether it be story-wise, character-wise, or just plain attractiveness.

And here are some pics, to make one of the choices slightly easier.

Terra

Tifa

Rinoa

Garnet

Yuna

i apologise for the big pics, but it is unbelievably hard 2 find decent size ones without having to resize them myself. and im just lazy.

also, its amazing how much bad cosplay there is when you type the ff girls into google images.

my vote goes to rinoa. this is because ff8 is my favourite of the games, and my first impression of rinoa was that she very much reminded me of someone i know. note: dance scene

yet another edit, i havent finished ffx before, so i cant really vote for or against yuna. rinoa beats her by default Very Happy
The Koholint Knight

Gems 7,572

Posttay120n64 Posted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:08 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Terra FTW.

Yeah, she was just a tad emo at the beginning, but more in the vein of "Princess-trapped-in-a-tower" than the "What-is-my-purpose" nonsense that clouded Cloud's mind.

Plus, her Dissidia art is simultaneously breathtakingly gorgeous and wonderfully sextastic.

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Windows Live Messenger
Jason Tandro
The Undying TE Fanatic

Level 20: Guardian of Pandora

Gems 8,090
Location: Tiptoeing the line between confidence and arrogance.

PostJason Tandro Posted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:57 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I chose Yuna, simpy because of the ones you list, she does not fall under one of these three detrimental categories.

1. Only included for sex/romantic subplot value.
(True of Tifa, and to an extent Rinoa).

2. Isn't ridiculous, childish, or "bubbly".
(True of Tifa, Rinoa, and Garnet).

3. Is a weak character (storyline wise, not gameplay wise).
(True of Tifa, as after Aeris's introduction, she was swept to the side.)

The choice was then between Terra and Yuna, who are both strong female leads, but I have to give it to Yuna because (in my opinion) she is the more courageous of the two. Terra seeks to help the Returners for somewhat mercenary reasons of finding out about her past and getting revenge on the Empire, whereas Yuna is confronted with the pressure of being an iconoclast and turning her back on a religion that has both been the key source of her life's motivation and is the central religion of the world.

Rest in peace, old avatar.
inferiare
TerraEarth Historian

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:06 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Rinoa. She had her own problems, she was a sorceress and not by choice, but she was a strong lead. She gave Squall a ton of crap just for being him and being all "..." at everything, and was a nice change from the leads from the two previous games (Terra and Celes were both pretty quiet, though Celes had her moments, and Tifa and Aeris were... well, they were part of the Emo fantasy 7).

I would never, ever vote Garnet, I hated using her in FF9 and the moment I could use Eiko, I was using Eiko. :/ For some reason I just could NOT like Garnet.

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Windows Live Messenger
SoulBlazerFan
Crisis Historian

Level 18: Earth Spirit

Resident

Gems 10,267

PostSoulBlazerFan Posted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:21 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

rainichan wrote:
Rinoa. She had her own problems, she was a sorceress and not by choice, but she was a strong lead. She gave Squall a ton of crap just for being him and being all "..." at everything, and was a nice change from the leads from the two previous games (Terra and Celes were both pretty quiet, though Celes had her moments, and Tifa and Aeris were... well, they were part of the Emo fantasy 7).

I would never, ever vote Garnet, I hated using her in FF9 and the moment I could use Eiko, I was using Eiko. :/ For some reason I just could NOT like Garnet.

Here here. I totally agree. Rinoa had a certain... depth to her personality? Can't really explain it much more than that.

Also... it's the only FF i've ever actually finished.
"...at first it's fine and you think you have a dark side – it's exciting – and then you realise the dark side wins every time if you decide to indulge in it. It's also a completely different way of living when you know that...a different species of person." - Lana Del Rey
This User Has Completed

SBiF: Uppercutting cats since '09
thefencemaster
Level 12: Soul Knight

Level 12: Soul Knight

Gems 6,011

Postthefencemaster Posted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:18 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Terra, but I am a biased FF6 fanboy. I really wish i could think of a better reason for it than that...

Yeah we'll just stick with that one.

-The Fence Master
EverPhoenix

Resident

Gems 8,804

PostEverPhoenix Posted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:42 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

rainichan wrote:

ha thats a good one, never heard that one before.

and i dont know why, but eiko annoyed the crap out of me. i still taught her all her eidolons, but after that, gave her the flick. i liked using garnet, if not 'cause i tend to stick to the main characters - i wasnt overly fond of the latter additions to the party. when quina came in i was just thinking to myself 'what the **** is this thing?'

plus what isnt awesome about summoning bahamut repeatedly? also, after that scene on disc 3, garnet's status pic becomes rather pleasant to look at

Gems 6,953

PostManibrandr System Posted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:05 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Fffffffff, what about Celes? Sad
The Koholint Knight

Gems 7,572

Posttay120n64 Posted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:45 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Valerie Valens wrote:
Fffffffff, what about Celes? Sad

Yeah. Cause if you think about it, FFVI never did have a solid male or female lead. It was kind of equally about everyone.

And Val, I can totally see you picking Celes. Laughing

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Windows Live Messenger
subjectnamehere
Level 6: Stone Golum

Level 6: Stone Golum

Gems 6,064

Postsubjectnamehere Posted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:08 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Yuna.

I also like Rydia from FFIV, not sure if she counts though.
Jason Tandro
The Undying TE Fanatic

Gems 8,090
Location: Tiptoeing the line between confidence and arrogance.

PostJason Tandro Posted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:46 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

subjectnamehere wrote:
Yuna.

Cool Guy my boy!!!

Are we the only ones who know what's up? Laughing

But naw, Rinoa was good, Terra was better and Celes was great. Frankly had Celes been an option I would have chosen her over Yuna.

Rest in peace, old avatar.
EverPhoenix

Resident

Gems 8,804

PostEverPhoenix Posted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 2:35 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

my friend told me to put rydia on there. since i havent played ff4, or know anything about it, i didnt.

also, i felt that although celes was a usable character in ff6, her role in the actual plot is limited to only the opera scene. terra is the focus of the game though.

although using that logic i could have ignored tifa, but that would mean id have to have put aeris in the poll. who... kinda isnt around long enough.

rinoa, garnet and yuna are important to the plot (or so i d guess with yuna, sicne she did pretty much get her own personal game in FFX2 - i havent gotten far in ffx yet)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> General Gaming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: