TerraEarth Forums

TCOITE: Chapter Ten (FINALLY!)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> TerraEarth Fanworks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SoulBlazerFan
Crisis Historian

Level 18: Earth Spirit

Resident

Gems 10,267

PostSoulBlazerFan Posted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 3:11 am   Post subject: TCOITE: Chapter Ten (FINALLY!) Reply with quote

[Raini's edit: hu hu I love doing this. Anyway. The first chapters! 1-5, 6 & 7, 8, 9]

Sorry about the delay (Three months since the last! Almost a year since chapter one!) and finally, it's here- the final chapter of the first part of the Crisis saga. I will eventually get around to writing the second part- if you liked this part, I gurantee you'll love what's to come- plenty of shocks, twists, and action- please, if you read I'd ask for a comment- any sort of criticism, positive or negative, is greatly appreciated!

Without further ado...

Chapter Ten: Of RED's and GENERALS

The meeting place for the Really Evil Dudes, shortened to R.E.D.S, was no where near as clean or hospitable as the Hall of Heroes, but it served it's purpose, just the same. In a small room some four stories beneath First Cape Bank, sat Phoenix 6, a mostly petty thief before his untimely death. He'd returned, rising from the ashes of his former body- and became a firestarter of the sorts. He had control over the element, to some extent.
To his right, a fellow who called himself "The Dark Knight," sat alone. He wasn't a socialable fellow, nor would he ever be; he was a man who preferred to be left to his own devices. And that suited him just fine. He was adorned with a black armor- it was worn and old, obviously from years of battle damage. His face- his true face- was buried under a helmet, as damaged and worn as the rest of his suit.
Phoenix was unsure as to whether or not if anyone had ever actually seen him outside of it, save perhaps for his mother on the day he was born. Phoenix chuckled at the thought, and as if he'd read his mind, The Dark Knight turned to him, red eyes glaring him down.
Despite this, a fiendish thought came to his mind, hell, he probably popped out of the old broad with that stuff on. He now laughed out loud in spite of himself.
To Phoenix's left sat a man once known as Mitch Mitchell. He'd been an executioner in his previous life, and a damned good one, if you ever had the balls to ask. Arkham Prison was his workplace, and being in charge of ending the life of the worst offenders of the world was just dandy by his standards. Treasoniss, murderers, rapists- hundreds of men went beneath his lever of death. Their lives ended when he pulled that switch- and he had always prided himself in never having a criminal pardoned under him, or any who escaped the wrath of “his” chair.
That was true, until George Loomis came into his prison. See, ole' George liked the blonde girls, so much so, he took their lives. He came from a small, no name town in Jersey of no particular importance now, but perhaps we'll return to that later. Perhaps.
Just as the chair was ready to take this monster to hell, the Governor calls. George Loomis is being spared, at least for the time being. Something about a mis-signed search warrant. A retrial may have to be in order. Just as the guards were going in to release Georgie, Mitch pulled that switch- and ended that monsters' miserable life.
What did he get for his duty to the world? He ended up in the same chair, the switch, HIS switch, turned on him. There would be no call, not stay, no pardon, for a man who served his state and country with duty and loyalty. Mitch died on that day, but like Phoenix, he was reborn. He could control electrical currents from his hands- and would no longer be Mitch Mitchell, but now he became “The Executioner.” He did take his revenge- and now found himself a member of the R.E.D.S, but his sense of purpose seemed to have gone with his human life.
Not one of these men know a thing about duty, by God and country. Not one.
“Where's Forster,” Phoenix blurted out, his impatience having steadily grown. “He said he'd be here by now.”
“Does it matter?” The Executioner said back, signing. “Those Hall of Zeroes have gotten all but us three, it now seems.”
“We'll get them,” Phoenix retorted. “Yeah, we'll get them.”
“Of course you will,” a voice said and a man walked out from the darkness into the room with them. His hair had balded down on his head, and it remained barely along the back of his head and the sides, and it was shaved down. He wore thin, reading specktackles, and now raised a wicked smile. “But I think you'll need some serious help.”
The others stood up to face this man. Phoenix lifted a hand, and a fireball emerged within his grasp. The Executioner raised his hands out, and both of them began to spark. The Dark Knight, however, remained where he was- and the only movement he made was to turn towards their unwelcomed guest.
“Just who the hell are you,” Phoenix said, rubbing his thumb gently over the fireball. “Speak, or be prepared to be fried.”
“Boys, boys, boys! Calm down! We seemed to have... gotten off the wrong foot.” He smiled, and put his hands out at his sides. “I have no weapons, I come in peace, I promise. If you'll hear me out, I guarantee you'll like what I have to say.”
The two dead men turned to each other, and lowered their hands. The Executioner's stopped sparking. Phoenix's fireball slowly enclosed back into his hand, and diminished completely only seconds later.
“Now that the pleasanties are out of the way, let's get down to business, shall we?” He waved his hands. “Have a seat, I won't take up much of your time.” They did as he asked, although hesitantly. The mystery man smiled again, swallowed- it made an audible click in his throat, and began to speak. “My name is of no real importance here, I promise you, and neither is the story of how I got here. Prehaps another day, if time allows.” He turned around, and looked behind him. “Hey, Tommy-boy! Get your ass in here and meet our new friends.”
“I'd prefer it if you called me Captain Harper, if you don't mind C.B.” Thomas Harper entered the room, dressed completely askew from his partner. The mysterious man known only as CB was dressed in black slacks, a button-down shirt, and a thin, black jacket over that. Harper, however, was dressed in full military regalia, two gold stars attached to a black strip on the right side of his neck collar. An embroidered name patch on his left arm read “Harper,” and beneath that, “Captain.” He had another patch on his right arm, a black, shield shaped one. It had three gold stars- a larger one in the upper-hand corner, another two smaller one staggered beneath that. He stood at attention, his face stern and emotionless, a cruel contrast to his partner. What little black hair he had from his last crew cut stood straight up. When he spoke, his voice was strong and commanding; “I see. So these gentleman are the one's Rizan's sent us for?”
“It would seem so... Tom.” C.B smiled over to him, and looked over to then and let out a solitary sign. “Don't look like much to me.”
“Excuse me,” Phoenix 6 returned, now standing up and coming forward toward them. He lifted his hand, this time creating a much larger fireball- and sent it into a wall. It exploded, sending sparks and concrete in every direction. “Did you have something else to say?”
“No need to light a fire under my ass,” C.B said, turning to Harper. “Firebug here may have some use afterall. I know what Static-man does. What about the other guy? Blackened over there? You any special?”
The Dark Knight pulled a sword from a sheath, and it burned in a bluish-black flame. He re-sheathed it, and returned to the same position he had been in prior.
C.B clapped his hands together, and began to laugh. “Hell yeah! That's what I'm talking about. The plan may work afterall. Just to think, three days ago I was ready to call that man a nut. Today, we got men here- with true power.”
“Yes,” Harper said, and turned to look at the two of them. “Rizan will be pleased.”

TO BE CONTINUED

Next Issue:

The heroes continue their search for Rizan...
The remaining RED's meet a man darker than they could've ever managed...
As the world of TE: Superior hangs in the balance, will the heroes be able to save their world from total annihilation?

Find out next time... The Crisis of Infinite TerraEarths, Part Two: The Fall
"...at first it's fine and you think you have a dark side – it's exciting – and then you realise the dark side wins every time if you decide to indulge in it. It's also a completely different way of living when you know that...a different species of person." - Lana Del Rey
This User Has Completed

SBiF: Uppercutting cats since '09

Last edited by SoulBlazerFan on Sun Sep 06, 2009 6:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Jason Tandro
The Undying TE Fanatic

Level 20: Guardian of Pandora

Gems 8,090
Location: Tiptoeing the line between confidence and arrogance.

PostJason Tandro Posted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 3:54 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude, where are the first nine chapters. I want to re-read from the beginning please! Very Happy

Rest in peace, old avatar.
SoulBlazerFan
Crisis Historian

Resident

Gems 10,267

PostSoulBlazerFan Posted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 4:19 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

They were originally placed in the Showcasing Forums to view, as I began them long before the invention of this forum.

I'm gonna ask raini if she wouldn't mind moving them over now that the story is completed. (I doubt she'll mind)
"...at first it's fine and you think you have a dark side – it's exciting – and then you realise the dark side wins every time if you decide to indulge in it. It's also a completely different way of living when you know that...a different species of person." - Lana Del Rey
This User Has Completed

EverPhoenix
Level 19: Soul Blazer

Resident

Gems 8,804

PostEverPhoenix Posted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 6:48 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

thats pretty good stuff. im looking forward to seeing what happens.

also, i think you might have made a little error.

Quote:
ust as the chair was ready to take this monster to hell, the Governor calls. Mitch Mitchell is being spared, at least for the time being. Something about a mis-signed search warrant. A retrial may have to be in order. Just as the guards were going in to release Georgie, Mitch pulled that switch- and ended that monsters' miserable life.

should that be Georgie?
Crisis Historian

Resident

Gems 10,267

PostSoulBlazerFan Posted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 6:49 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

EverPhoenix wrote:
thats pretty good stuff. im looking forward to seeing what happens.

also, i think you might have made a little error.

Quote:
ust as the chair was ready to take this monster to hell, the Governor calls. Mitch Mitchell is being spared, at least for the time being. Something about a mis-signed search warrant. A retrial may have to be in order. Just as the guards were going in to release Georgie, Mitch pulled that switch- and ended that monsters' miserable life.

should that be Georgie?

Thank you for the call out. Fixing now.
This User Has Completed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> TerraEarth Fanworks All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: