TerraEarth Forums

Aion

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> General Gaming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
psychokind
fuck yeah!

Level 19: Soul Blazer

Resident

Gems 10,444

Postpsychokind Posted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:59 am   Post subject: Aion Reply with quote

I know you're not the MMO-players, but I'll ask out of courtesy^^

is someone going to play Aion (EU release 25.09.09)?
Crisis Historian

Level 18: Earth Spirit

Resident

Gems 10,267

PostSoulBlazerFan Posted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:46 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

God no. After seeing the effect WoW has on people...no.

My one friend was trying to convince me to play either WoW or Aion... but I (thankfully) don't have a computer capable of running either. So... no.
"...at first it's fine and you think you have a dark side – it's exciting – and then you realise the dark side wins every time if you decide to indulge in it. It's also a completely different way of living when you know that...a different species of person." - Lana Del Rey
This User Has Completed

SBiF: Uppercutting cats since '09
EverPhoenix

Resident

Gems 8,804

PostEverPhoenix Posted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:08 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

nah, i dont think i will. a few of my friends are, but i havent really gotten into MMOs recently. not that ive tried much, but open-ended games dont really keep me entertained
fuck yeah!

Resident

Gems 10,444

Postpsychokind Posted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:46 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

SoulBlazerFan wrote:

had good effects on me Wink my evenings contained less alcohol/drugs/party and my weekly programm was more strictly organized because of the raids Very Happy I wasn't able to delay things that much, and I felt less like "wow, you were 2 hours in your room now, and you did nothing!" and more like "wow, I was 2 hours in my room now, and I did get epix" Laughing

Resident

Gems 8,496

PostBlade Posted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:59 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

psychokind wrote:
I felt less like "wow, you were 2 hours in your room now, and you did nothing!" and more like "wow, I was 2 hours in my room now, and I did get epix" Laughing

I get that feeling like every day, but now that I downloaded "How I Met Your Mother" its more "wow, I was 6 hours in my room now, and I'm at season 3 already" Razz
EverPhoenix

Resident

Gems 8,804

PostEverPhoenix Posted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:12 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

psychokind wrote:
"wow, I was 2 hours in my room now, and I did get epix" Laughing

for diablo 2... wow, i spent 4 hours in my room and got one good unique item >_<
Crisis Historian

Resident

Gems 10,267

PostSoulBlazerFan Posted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:47 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

psychokind wrote:
SoulBlazerFan wrote:

had good effects on me Wink my evenings contained less alcohol/drugs/party and my weekly programm was more strictly organized because of the raids Very Happy I wasn't able to delay things that much, and I felt less like "wow, you were 2 hours in your room now, and you did nothing!" and more like "wow, I was 2 hours in my room now, and I did get epix" Laughing

Didn't I read here somewhere (Maybe Valerie said it?) that Axe hasn't been around because of WoW?

I'm fine with playing Halo for like, an hour or two every three days. And some Guitar Hero and Rock Band here and there. I know if I play an MMO I'd become overly obsessed. ::Motions towards multiple five-day benders of Final Fantasy VIII::

Got more important things to work on, anyway. (Crisis being amongst them)
"...at first it's fine and you think you have a dark side – it's exciting – and then you realise the dark side wins every time if you decide to indulge in it. It's also a completely different way of living when you know that...a different species of person." - Lana Del Rey
This User Has Completed

SBiF: Uppercutting cats since '09
EverPhoenix

Resident

Gems 8,804

PostEverPhoenix Posted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:30 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

SoulBlazerFan wrote:
::Motions towards multiple five-day benders of Final Fantasy VIII::

Got more important things to work on, anyway. (Crisis being amongst them)

difference between RPGs and MMOs is the presence of a mandatory, finite, and usually much more enthralling and awesome storyline.

i find i get really addicted to RPGs, but when im finished with them, im finished. sure, ill be all fanboyish and cover my desktop and all avatars with things relating to it, but after that, i just keep fond memories of an epic story.

for MMOs, it can be awesome at first, but then the grinding takes its toll and i find that i just lose interest. in fact, this applies to any ORPG, not necessarily MMO
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> General Gaming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: