TerraEarth Forums

Okay, This One May Be A Little Weird...
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Debate Island
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SoulBlazerFan
Crisis Historian

Level 18: Earth Spirit

Resident

Gems 10,267

PostSoulBlazerFan Posted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:26 pm   Post subject: Okay, This One May Be A Little Weird... Reply with quote

All right. So, I've been writing a fan fiction based on the theory of there being a Multiverse- series of singular universes co-existing apart from one another. So, essentially, the idea is these universes contain roughly the same world as ours- the idea is mind boggling, essentially, and I won't go into the finer details. Google it if you're more interested in the science aspect.

And, while I'm not trying to spark any religious debate, say, theoretically speaking, of course, the Multiverse did exist, and, say the Christian (Or whatever religion you may believe in) God also existed, would there be one God that created, or moreover, controlled all universes, or would there be a God for each universe?

Discuss.
"...at first it's fine and you think you have a dark side – it's exciting – and then you realise the dark side wins every time if you decide to indulge in it. It's also a completely different way of living when you know that...a different species of person." - Lana Del Rey
This User Has Completed

SBiF: Uppercutting cats since '09
psychokind
fuck yeah!

Level 19: Soul Blazer

Resident

Gems 10,444

Postpsychokind Posted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 1:17 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that's simple. our, christians, god created everything.

= one god for all universes.

I hope we can one day reach these other universes. I could be friends with myself! Very Happy

Resident

Gems 8,804

PostEverPhoenix Posted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 2:16 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

id think there would be just the one omnipotent entity. im not religious at all, i base this off the fact that if there was to be more than one, they would probably go into competition and there would be a celestial war. gods never did seem too friendly with each other
The Koholint Knight

Gems 7,572

Posttay120n64 Posted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:35 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

One God.

And whether the multi-verses were created on purpose, as a result of space-time's inevitable deterioration, or completely on accident but God was like, "I see that this is good.", could be put up to debate.

It worked in the Zelda universe, after all. (Majora's Mask was an alternate universe created on accident by the goddesses)

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Windows Live Messenger
psychokind
fuck yeah!

Resident

Gems 10,444

Postpsychokind Posted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:15 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

tay120n64 wrote:

It worked in the Zelda universe, after all. (Majora's Mask was an alternate universe created on accident by the goddesses)

hahaha oh tay Laughing

Resident

Gems 10,167

PostFreedan Posted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:13 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

EverPhoenix wrote:
i base this off the fact that if there was to be more than one, they would probably go into competition and there would be a celestial war.

But would that happen here? SBF's first post mentioned the universes existing apart from one another; in that case, they wouldn't affect each other. What would there be for the Gods to go to war over?

inferiare
TerraEarth Historian

Level 20: Guardian of Pandora

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:28 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Freedan, the Dark Knight wrote:
EverPhoenix wrote:
i base this off the fact that if there was to be more than one, they would probably go into competition and there would be a celestial war.

But would that happen here? SBF's first post mentioned the universes existing apart from one another; in that case, they wouldn't affect each other. What would there be for the Gods to go to war over?

In the event that the alternate universe (or AU for short), or other AUs found out about the original universe (OU), or what we would consider to be the OU, which is our own, they'd either try to outdo us, merge with us, or just destroy us so we couldn't do the same. Doing that would spark a war between at least two universes, and if there were other AUs out there and they found out...

It gets messy. Very Happy

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Windows Live Messenger
tay120n64
The Koholint Knight

Gems 7,572

Posttay120n64 Posted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:01 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

psychokind wrote:
tay120n64 wrote:

hahaha oh tay Laughing

Zelda can relate to anything. Cool

(is that a WIN or a FAIL?)

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Windows Live Messenger
inferiare
TerraEarth Historian

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 2:39 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

tay120n64 wrote:
psychokind wrote:
tay120n64 wrote:

hahaha oh tay Laughing

Zelda can relate to anything. Cool

(is that a WIN or a FAIL?)

A little of both. Very Happy

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Windows Live Messenger
SoulBlazerFan
Crisis Historian

Level 18: Earth Spirit

Resident

Gems 10,267

PostSoulBlazerFan Posted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 3:25 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

rainichan wrote:
EverPhoenix wrote:

In the event that the alternate universe (or AU for short), or other AUs found out about the original universe (OU), or what we would consider to be the OU, which is our own, they'd either try to outdo us, merge with us, or just destroy us so we couldn't do the same. Doing that would spark a war between at least two universes, and if there were other AUs out there and they found out...

Lemme blow your mind there, raini; what if we AREN'T the original universe? Surprised What if there's another Earth Prime (Or OU, as you stated) that existed before us?
"...at first it's fine and you think you have a dark side – it's exciting – and then you realise the dark side wins every time if you decide to indulge in it. It's also a completely different way of living when you know that...a different species of person." - Lana Del Rey
This User Has Completed

SBiF: Uppercutting cats since '09
inferiare
TerraEarth Historian

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:24 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

SoulBlazerFan wrote:
rainichan wrote:
EverPhoenix wrote:

Lemme blow your mind there, raini; what if we AREN'T the original universe? Surprised What if there's another Earth Prime (Or OU, as you stated) that existed before us?

Haha. That's always a possibility. We could be the spin off alternate of what the real universe actually is. But that other universe could have all the things we find weird as their normal. That's a scary thought.

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
Freedan

Resident

Gems 10,167

PostFreedan Posted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:22 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

What if it's like Universe A and Universe B of Futurama? Where colours are altered and coin flips have opposite results?

There could be a universe where I have blue hair. Eek!

EverPhoenix

Resident

Gems 8,804

PostEverPhoenix Posted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 2:46 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

gotta have blue hair.
Level 15: Bloody Chariot

Resident

Gems 8,720

PostYet One More Idiot Posted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:42 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

What if it's like Universe A and Universe B of Futurama? Where colours are altered and coin flips have opposite results?

Nevermind that, Freedan....there could be a universe somewhere out there where I have HAIR. At all. Laughing
Jason Tandro
The Undying TE Fanatic

Gems 8,090
Location: Tiptoeing the line between confidence and arrogance.

PostJason Tandro Posted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 7:41 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

There probably are multiple dimensions and multiple gods, but that's irrelevant to us. The God we worship is the god who created our universe. It's like there are tons of Fathers out there, but the only one you're going to care about is your own dad. Call it passive polytheism, I guess, Laughing

Rest in peace, old avatar.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Debate Island All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: