TerraEarth Forums

The Beta Is Here! (ver 2)
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Fan Made Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jason Tandro
The Undying TE Fanatic

Level 20: Guardian of Pandora

Gems 8,090
Location: Tiptoeing the line between confidence and arrogance.

PostJason Tandro Posted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:31 pm   Post subject: The Beta Is Here! (ver 2) Reply with quote

Download TerraEarth: Absolute Beta
File Size: 694 MB

Coupla things:

1. Only the South Continent enemies have been difficulty curve balanced.
2. All bosses now have "special collapse".
3. Literary Guild and Mystery Guild are not up. But Fight Club, Brewmaster's Guild, The Company and Foamy Card Cult (lol) are complete.
3. Fishing, Card Game, Gambling, Euro Theatre, Southerta Island, Punch-Up and Deep Sea Dock have not been updated since last demo.
4. Neither has original story.
5. psychokind's story is here.

Rest in peace, old avatar.
inferiare
TerraEarth Historian

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:18 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, now, this is a question that came up while playing the game, so I'm not sure if it's possible to implement, but: since I decided to go the way of being ~*A SPY*~, is it possible to code the teleporter in the Tower of Babel to go to places you've already been? Since I did the first few missions, it takes me back to Freejia with no way to get back to South Cape (and I'm low on money which means grinding like mad Razz), so... just a suggestion, really.

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Windows Live Messenger
psychokind
fuck yeah!

Level 19: Soul Blazer

Resident

Gems 10,444

Postpsychokind Posted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:28 am   Post subject: Re: The Beta Is Here! (ver 2) Reply with quote

Jason Tandro wrote:

yay! gotta download it this evening Very Happy
Crisis Historian

Level 18: Earth Spirit

Resident

Gems 10,267

PostSoulBlazerFan Posted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:22 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

As soon as I get my new computer back (Apparently I killed the harddrive- go me) I'll be sure to DL this bad-boy.
"...at first it's fine and you think you have a dark side – it's exciting – and then you realise the dark side wins every time if you decide to indulge in it. It's also a completely different way of living when you know that...a different species of person." - Lana Del Rey
This User Has Completed

SBiF: Uppercutting cats since '09
Jason Tandro
The Undying TE Fanatic

Gems 8,090

PostJason Tandro Posted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:01 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

rainichan wrote:
Ok, now, this is a question that came up while playing the game, so I'm not sure if it's possible to implement, but: since I decided to go the way of being ~*A SPY*~, is it possible to code the teleporter in the Tower of Babel to go to places you've already been? Since I did the first few missions, it takes me back to Freejia with no way to get back to South Cape (and I'm low on money which means grinding like mad Razz), so... just a suggestion, really.

Are we talking the one in the spy area or the main teleporter? Either way, that's not impossible, but I worry about making it too easy to get from one point to another. If you can fast travel anywhere, then there's no point. Keep in mind that there are many, many modes of transportation, if you dig deep into the games secrets. I mean, I'll certainly consider it.

ALSO:

I want to make everyone aware of this.

Sometimes in the side-areas you might get an error message... something to the effect of "<> cannot convert nil from String". These are areas where I forgot to assign a battle background. The best way to avoid this is to set your Enemy Encounter mode to either Auto-Level or one of the On-Map variants and to avoid the following sidequests (will be updated as I discover more):

Santa's Workshop.

inferiare
TerraEarth Historian

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:24 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Jason Tandro wrote:
rainichan wrote:

Are we talking the one in the spy area or the main teleporter? Either way, that's not impossible, but I worry about making it too easy to get from one point to another. If you can fast travel anywhere, then there's no point. Keep in mind that there are many, many modes of transportation, if you dig deep into the games secrets. I mean, I'll certainly consider it.

I meant the main teleporter. After I wrote that I realized I could just fish up some stuff to get money for money back to the South Continent, but there's no other way to get back to South Cape otherwise. So more like just going to places you've been to that point and have used the teleporter from that city to the Tower of Babel, you know? nngh I know what I'm trying to say, but words are hard right now. Very Happy

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Windows Live Messenger
Manibrandr System

Gems 6,953

PostManibrandr System Posted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:03 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

For some reason, the download keeps stopping prematurely at 40 MB. Any ideas? D:
The Undying TE Fanatic

Gems 8,090

PostJason Tandro Posted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:49 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Must be end-user or network issue, because raini has downloaded a copy. Anyone else having difficulty?

Manibrandr System

Gems 6,953

PostManibrandr System Posted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:57 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no idea what's causing it.
The Undying TE Fanatic

Gems 8,090

PostJason Tandro Posted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:12 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm... I'm not sure I can help you directly. What I'll probably do is create a self-extracting version and break it into smaller parts if the problem persists. That way you can download the parts bit by bit and assemble them at the end.

EverPhoenix

Resident

Gems 8,804

PostEverPhoenix Posted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:23 am   Post subject: Re: The Beta Is Here! (ver 2) Reply with quote

Jason Tandro wrote:

the revenge one? as in the one im in? cool, ill download it next time im in australia (3 weeks, im on holiday in NY at the moment)
The Undying TE Fanatic

Gems 8,090

PostJason Tandro Posted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:27 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes indeed, everphoenix. Sorry to hear you in such a situation where you cannot play... by the time you're back in Australia... the final version might even be out by then. It will be out October 19th come hell or high water bills. Laughing

EverPhoenix

Resident

Gems 8,804

PostEverPhoenix Posted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:29 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Jason Tandro wrote:
Yes indeed, everphoenix. Sorry to hear you in such a situation where you cannot play... by the time you're back in Australia... the final version might even be out by then. It will be out October 19th come hell or high water bills. Laughing

im back on the 10th... so i might even be able to get some comprehensive lore (for that library book special thing you did) and some half-decent mug shots for my character before the final release Very Happy
The Undying TE Fanatic

Gems 8,090

PostJason Tandro Posted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:35 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Well you have face sprites already, if that's what you meant by "mug shots" but most def, with the Lore. Cool Guy

EverPhoenix

Resident

Gems 8,804

PostEverPhoenix Posted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:36 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Jason Tandro wrote:
Well you have face sprites already, if that's what you meant by "mug shots" but most def, with the Lore. Cool Guy

but those sprites suck, lol. ill try to come up with something better (and more relevant, now that ive dug up and evolved the original story once more)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Fan Made Games All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: