TerraEarth Forums

[ROYALE] Advanced Punch-Up

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> RP PunchUp Arena
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jason Tandro
The Undying TE Fanatic

Level 20: Guardian of Pandora

Gems 8,090
Location: Tiptoeing the line between confidence and arrogance.

PostJason Tandro Posted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:19 am   Post subject: [ROYALE] Advanced Punch-Up Reply with quote

This is for those of you who like the way the punch-up has been evolving and want to take it to the next level and remember Aoiga's brilliance with the Battle Royale.

This is not just a fight simulator. This is a full-blown story, with action scenes. Keep reading if you're interested, and if you aren't and just wanna beat somebody up without worrying about all this falderal, see the Basic Punch-Up.

The Story

The snow-covered facility of Glacial Point is believed to be an ancient religious structure, built by the Moon Tribe and serviced and maintenanced by the dwarves. Those who have come here have been selected by various mercenaries and private companies to investigate its uses and untap its secrets. While you all seek the same goal, you can choose to be either cooperative, or competetive, seeking the ultimate reward for yourself.

To reach the facility, you must first climb a massive glacier wall and enter the tower. From there... what lies within is unknown.

Rules of Engagement

This is a story-style RP, so no one-line entries. Explain the situation and show some creative flair!

When you first enter, explain who sent you, how you got here, and what you're doing here.

All other rules of the forums are still in effect.

Rest in peace, old avatar.
EverPhoenix
Level 19: Soul Blazer

Resident

Gems 8,804

PostEverPhoenix Posted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:12 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

EverPhoenix approaches the glacier from afar.

i shall once again bore you with this backstory, but ill keep it short

He once was a normal human, or so he had thought. One fateful day, his village was besieged by a powerful, shadowy entity. Singlehandedly incapacitating everyone in the village, the demon took captive one of the maidens of the village, and EverPhoenix was somehow charged with her rescue. He did not object, as he held a degree of affection for the girl in question. Through unusual circumstances, he gained demonic powers, and an appearance to match. EverPhoenix did manage to rescue the girl, but as he returned to his village he was greeted with a less than warm welcome. His demonic appearance caused the villagers significant distress, and the high priest requested (although not accepting no for an answer) that EverPhoenix leave the village.

Since that day, EverPhoenix has been wandering the landscape, seeking a way to seal his demonic powers. Drawn to an unnatural power emanating from the summit of Glacial Point, he found himself staring at the large wall of ice barring him from the summit. Concentrating , he launched a ball of energy from his hands diagonally upwards, carving a path through the wall of ice. He could now ascend to the summit, with a path more manageable that a vertical wall.

As he ran up the path, the ice began to freeze behind him. Realising that if he was to be too slow, the ice would regenerate, leaving him trapped inside. EverPhoenix runs upward as fast as he could, and emerges at the summit with only a few seconds to spare. Ahead of him was a vast plain of snow, with a large tower in the centre. He walks up to the door of the tower and prepares to enter.
Art Monkey

Level 11: Worlock

Resident

Gems 8,348

PostLenc Posted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:48 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Prologue
Zeis had never shown any interest in anything since he lost what he held most dear. He slipped from being a well known explorer to traveling vagrant in a port city. One day He came across a man in a pub. He proclaimed to have some valuable piece of parchment which sparked Zeis his interest.

It had all kinds of scrambles on it and resembled a treasure map of some sorts. It had a name on it "Edward Gardinson". it was a name well known to Zeis in his days as an explorer. Edward was one of the few who actually mapped a part of the artic. He met the man on serveral occasions on some rich landlords dinner parties back in the day. It was quite the man who liked to brag about his endeavours, but a kind man none the less. They talked about the sights they encountered the people they met and treasures they found. All these memories made Zeis yearn for the old days.

Having made up his mind he thought he ought to try and find Edward. Within a few days of asking around and traveling he found out Edward had setled in a city not that far away and Zeis arrived at Edwards estate not befor long.

Upon arrival he learned Edwards health was in bad shape and that his employees didnt think he would remain among the living for much longer. Zeis's first request to see Edward was denied, but soon after Edward learned of an old aquaintance he urged that Zeis should see him.

"You dont look that good"
Said Zeis to Edward. The man lied in his bed, not that he resembled much of a man anymore. He was skin to bone and the kind of disease he contracted would take its toll soon from the looks of it. Edward turned to Zeis and a faint smile came across his face.
"Your look terrible as well."
Indeed Zeis wasnt the well dressed as he was in the days they last met and he had not tended his facial hair for a while.

"What brings you here after all this time" Edward asked. "Your not the one to come over with small talk and the glistering in your eyes tells me you are on to something worthwhile."

Zeis took the parchment from his pocket and showed it to Edward who's eyes grew larger the instant they fell upon it. "Where did you get that? I thought I had lost this years ago."

"I got it from a man in a pub. It had your name on it and I thought you'd want it back."

"Oh yes indeed. This was in one of the relics I found during my exploration of the artic. It took me some time to decipher."

"What does it mean then"

"It has clues to something beyond your wildest dreams." He paused for a moment. "I am so saddend by the fact I am in no shape to pursue it anymore." He looked at Zeis. "I have a proposal."

I
The cold wind blew fierce when Zeis arrived at the Glacier of Glacial point. He traveled two days by boat and five days on foot to reach this place. While taking a small break from his travels and admiring the view, he felt the ground trembling and saw steam emerge from some point in the glacier. He tought he spotted something move in the distance with great speed. It was to faraway to tell if who or what it was and soon it dissapeared in ice.

This wasnt a time to take a break he presumed. If that was a mans doing, that person might be after the same thing as him. He readied his climbing gear and set forward to climb the glacier.

{Zeis aquired the skill cards Unforgiven uses. They have about the same skills}

{I do hope this RP goes far cuz I am looking forward to to it}

STEAM: Lenc Chroso
BNET: Blindeduif#2260

Last edited by Lenc on Sat Oct 24, 2009 9:33 pm; edited 2 times in total
EverPhoenix

Resident

Gems 8,804

PostEverPhoenix Posted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 4:53 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

NON ACTION POST
this post has nothing to do with any actions im making. just a note that i havent actually got a plan of my abilities or anything yet. working on it though.

also, i dont know how far this RP will go, we really do need at least one more. perhaps Jason can multitask and play a character as well? being the good mod he is im sure he wont abuse his knowledge and powers Laughing

The Undying TE Fanatic

Gems 8,090
Location: Tiptoeing the line between confidence and arrogance.

PostJason Tandro Posted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:28 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

NON ACTION POST
----

Now what makes you think I won't? Evil or Very Mad

Yeah, I'll probably have to dip in and play as a character if interest doesn't rise pretty quick.

Rest in peace, old avatar.
inferiare
TerraEarth Historian

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:31 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

out of character/non action
-----------------------------

I'll see what I can cook up later. Been a while since I've done pointless violence in the RP Punch Up, and I like writing... Very Happy

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Windows Live Messenger
Lenc
Art Monkey

Resident

Gems 8,348

PostLenc Posted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 8:58 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Prologue II

"What kind of proposal do you have?" Zeis asked. Edward turned to the side of his bed and opened a drawer. He searched it and pulled out a box with symbols on it like the piece of parchment.

"I found this and that parchement in a ruin near the artic. I never reported or marked it on any map since it has to do with something only a god can explain. Ofcourse I didnt know at the time yet. I was buzy escavating the site and after I found that parchment and this box I deciphered enough of the parchment to come to this conclusion. You see this box contains cards which allows us without heritage of an Element wielder to use magic." Edward ranted, the excitement got his body to forget the illness and he couldnt stop moving in his bed.

"Wow slow down Edward I dont follow you." Zeis looked at Edward surprised and a bit suspicious.

"Dont give me that look. Its not the medicine they gave me. Here look!" Edward opened the box and took a Card from it. He chanted something that Zeis couldnt understand. Sparks came from the card and a circular symbol apeared right in front of Edward. "Its a Compass. A magic Compass. I can actually use magic! Oh it pains me my body has so little life left to use the rest and searchfor its origins." Edward turned to Zeis. ""Thats where you come in. I want you to search for it origin in my name."

"Why would I do that. I am not an explorer anymore I have no reason to esspecially if the find isnt mine. We are somewhat still rivals in that aspect. Besides this must be somekind of trick this is impossible."

"There is a map in that parchment I'll show you how you could use it."

"I have no interest in this. I just came here to return your property."

"But you must Zeis!" Edward begged him. "Its in my name, but still everything in treasures you find there are yours!"

"Sorry Edward." Zeis turned and walked to the door to leave what he thought a crazed man to his rantings.

"The Parchment has something written about a tower which contains whatever the finder desires its marked on the map there is no harm done in just checking it out! ill even supply you with everything you need and want. I'll arrange the boat and horses even company if you'd want! Maybe a starting fund if money gets your interest!" Edward shouted towards Zeis in a desprate attempt to keep his visitor near.

"Right ofcourse, anything the finder wants." Zeis turned.

"Here take the box. I'll teach you the chant, see for yourself its real! Think about it if the cards are real than that tower must be too. Think of the possibilities..... Think of -"

"Dont even go there!" Zeis turned slammed the door behind him and he left for the nearest pub.

II
The icy winds made this no easy feat and Zeis took out a card and chanted multiple spells. Chains broke free from the cards and clashed into various spots in the glacier to form a path for Zeis to walk on. He was nervous at first beginning his ascent, but the futher Zeis walked the more his trust in the cards grew. It was still a rough climb but at least it was doable now. Reaching the top he saw the tower. He couldnt believe it and rubbed his eyes. The tower was there and he pinched himself to be sure he wasnt dreaming.

This sight gave him hope and a strong resolution to get there befor what or whom ever he saw. He quickly recalled the chains which obidiently returned back into cards. It was quite a walk from the glacier down onto the plain with in its centre the tower. He took a breather and started to descend...

{come on guys lets DO THIS D:<}

{still need to do spell/grammar check and storyline (for small flaws) to tired for it now}
{any comments (on my RP posts) would be welcome because i am really trying to make something awsome of my char here Razz PM me}

Manibrandr System

Gems 6,953

PostManibrandr System Posted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:03 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

"We've got the power! We are divine! We have the guts to follow the sign!" Valerie sung cheerfully as she rows away on a comically small rowboat in the middle of what seems to be a blizzard with two of her travelling companions riding on board as passengers.

"Are you sure that we're going in the right direction? For all we know, the treasure could be all the way in the middle of the Arctic Circle." Jason Tandro queried from under a thick hooded fur coat. He is huddled together with a similarly dressed Axe Kazama, cold and miserable around a fire that is magically refraining from burning the boat. Valerie, in contrast, is wearing nothing over her adventurers garb.

"That would really suck if we are coming all the way to this god-forsaken place for nothing!" Axe grumbled, particularly annoyed at having to deal with the cold weather.

"Relax! There is no doubt that there is treasure here! Look!" Valerie pointed at the mountains of Glacial Point at a distance. Sure enough, a small cloud of steam erupted from a path being carved up to the lowest summit, followed by a carpet of chains covering a similar path a few seconds later. "I have no doubt that these are the same guys we saw at the pub with the map!"

Indeed, it was a few days ago that the treasure hunting trio, while engaging in all sorts of drunken debauchery in a pub, spotted a strange man passing a treasure map to a man with a face full of wild unkempt facial hair. Valerie only managed to catch a glimpse of the map, but that was all she needed to know where the treasure, whatever it is, is located. With the money gained from the last treasure hunting yield, they bought a small row boat, some winter clothes and set off towards Glacial Point.

"Looks like we might be facing some competition getting this treasure." Jason noted.

"Good, I could use the work out!" Axe remarked, warming his hands over the fire.

"We might not even need to, I already can see some steep shortcuts that I can use to our advantage to overtake them." Valerie replied, grinning at the prospect of treasure hunting in her preferred element.

Several minutes later, the trio landed on the shores on the far side of the island. As Axe and Jason take a good look at the scenery, they noted that the first tower is located on the other side of the mountain, and that the slope nearest to them is also the steepest, sloping up at at least 60 degrees most of the way up. They look at each other with a worried expression on their face and turned to Valerie.

As Axe and Jason turned around to ask Valerie about scaling the impossibly steep slope, they caught a glimpse of Valerie changing into nothing more than an exoskeleton outfit and was left dumbstruck.

"Wouldn't be needing this protection from the heat, you guys r-" Valerie turned around and saw Axe and Jason staring dumbstruck at her practically nude form. She grinned and teased, "What? It's not like we haven't seen each other nude before! Come on! Let's go!"

Valerie turned around and strolled casually towards the foot of the mountain, with Axe and Jason following suit a few seconds later, after they picked their jaws from the floor.

{OC : Yeah, I am dragging you in Jason! Razz One of us will also have to play as Axe since he probably wouldn't be around for this.}

Resident

Gems 8,804

PostEverPhoenix Posted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:51 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Hearing voices behind him, EverPhoenix turns around. He sees the three new arrivals, talking somewhat cheerfully amongst themselves. Closer examination revealed that only two were engaged in conversation - one of the men, and the winged humanoid female. The third of their group, a cloaked man, was merely listening to them. He seemed agitated, but EverPhoenix could not tell if it was just the cold, or something else.

Once again returning his attention to the door, EverPhoenix found that it was not as simple as he had first anticipated. It was covered in strange glyphs, with no visible handle or locking mechanism. He deduced that since he could not understand the glyphs, they must not be demonic in nature. At least that was a relief. His last encounter with one of their kind had not been a pretty one, and if not for the seemingly intentional blunder of his opponent, he would not have been standing here now.

Perhaps the newcomers had a way to open the door? He did not wish to attempt to force the door - it might prevent entrance to the tower, and he was sure it wouldnt impress the newcomers. He did not need any new enemies.

While he had stared at the door, the three had approached, and were now standing behind him. He turned around, careful not to accidentally hit any of them with his wings.

(note: im sure jason would remember from the character bio for TE:A, my character's weapons are compound scythes. They hang on the character's back as wings, although it is yet unknown if they will actually help the character to fly)

"hi, im EverPhoenix" EverPhoenix greeted trio.

also, im assuming that Lenc is on the other side of the tower, and hasnt seen anyone yet. Reading the other posts, this doesnt seem that logical, but i'll go with it
Art Monkey

Resident

Gems 8,348

PostLenc Posted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:16 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

{YESH i thought this would die}

{I'll be taking on a second character aswell. And if everyone is okay with it he/she resides IN the tower.}

Prologue III
Zeis knew exactly where Edward was going. He drank some of his whiskey and watched outside of the window. It was raining outside and he saw few people run towards their houses for shelter.

It was raining back then thought, it rained ashes of a fallen Empire. He shivered and ordered another drink. Maybe he should take up on Edwards offer and leave this part of the world.

He went to the Inn and cleaned himself. A fresh shave a bath and some sleep to think things over.

III
Zeis descended glacier slowly the snow and wind slowed him down greatly. Once down he set foot on the plain and the twer was still quite a walk away. He scanned the horizon. Whatever or whomever made that steam cloud must be here. He was sure of it.

Zeis stayed still for a few moments and thought he saw something move in the distance. He wasnt sure and he flipped through his deck. Zeis began chanting while pushing a "Enter the Shadew" card to his chest and slowly he became transparant. Slowly he aproached the tower. Zeis was stunned the tower was huge and the architecture was quite remarkable.

"Hi, I'm Everphoenix" Someone said on what sounded like the other side of the tower.

"I'd better be carefull" Zeis thought to himself. Who ever he was and whom he was talking to might be a danger to Zeis. He stayed put to eavesdrop on the conversation.

The Sleeper
I feel it. I know it. They are near.

I wish I could move, I wish I could see, I wish I could hear, I wish I could speak.

Dont come here. Dont be as naive as I was....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> RP PunchUp Arena All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: