TerraEarth Forums

SBiF's First Annual Ninth Anniversary Trivia Contest!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Contests and Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SoulBlazerFan
Crisis Historian

Level 18: Earth Spirit

Resident

Gems 10,267

PostSoulBlazerFan Posted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:32 pm   Post subject: SBiF's First Annual Ninth Anniversary Trivia Contest! Reply with quote

BIG EDIT: Game is now closed. Winners will be announced shortly.

I realize this is an entire day early, but I figured since I was going to be at work at the start of this wonderous celebration, I'd take the liberty of starting the festivities a day early.

Welcome to the first annual ninth anniversary TerraEarth Trivia contest, hosted by the me. This isn't like my previous trivia contest- SBiF's Random Trivia contest. This game will be different, and I will ask that players follow the following rules;

1. All entries must be sent to me via PM. Do not post any answers here.

2. All entries must be entered all at once. If you wish to wait to answer, the contest will be running from Today, Sunday, October 18th until next Sunday, October 25th, so you have a week. A complete form will be placed at the bottom of this page.

3.All answers must be submitted in a single form. Any late submissions will be disqualified. Any answers placed within this Topic will be dismissed, and, the player who did it disqualified from the contest.

4. If anyone who played the previous game remembers, the questions were released one by one. This time, the questions are all available at once.

5. Keep your answers! PM yourself and send the answers to yourself, that way, in the event something goes wrong, you'll have a hard copy.

6. After all entries are submitted, I will tally the total answers, and a few days after the end-game, I will announce not only the winner, but all correct answers as well.

7. This one is a hint; most of the questions have to do with the site/forums. A few questions are outside the SB triology and TE site- some answers can be found by simply looking around the site.

8. The person(s) with the most total correct answers will win the grand prize- 1000 GEMS! Yes. not one hundred- 1000! A second place prize will also be in place- 500 GEMs. If, in the event two players have the same total answers correct, the grand prize will be split equally between all players- so if two people have the same total correct answes, the two players will receive a split of the grand prize- 500 a piece. The more total winners, the more the prize shall be split.

Finally, if you have any questions or concerns, please direct them to me. A PM would be fine. Feel free to discuss the contest here- but refer back to the rules; do not post any answers on the topic, or you shall be disqualified at the discretion of the game master. (IE- me)

So, now that all the serious business is over with, I present you with SBiF's First Annual Ninth Anniversary TerraEarth Trivia Contest! Have fun, and good luck!

QUESTIONS:

1. I, myself, SBiF, have changed my signature twice in the last few months. Prior to that, however, I had placed a "Potential" quote from my "Crisis of Infinite TerraEarth's" fan-fiction. Of the characters in the story, who was this quote attributed to?

2. What year was our kween established as an admin to the forums?

3. On this glorious, historical day, nine years ago- who created the majority of the site content for TerraEarth?

4. As of October 1st, who authored the most posts placed into the graveyard forum?

5. As of October 1st, how many members of TerraEarth have achieved the "Resident status," not including admins/mods?

6. Who currently has the highest percent of total site posts, as of October 1st?

7. As of October 1st, what member that achieved resident status has the least amount of posts?

8. Finish the phrase from this image; http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/2736/thingl.png

"I'll buy a-"

9. Not really a question from this site, or the Soul Blazer trilogy, but it's from a game developed by Quintet. What game from them featured a planet named "Quintenix?" (Very original, don't you think?)

(EDIT: Use the form in the post below to answer the questions. Also, if an admin could sticky this, I would greatly appreciate it!

-raini's note: stickied! Very Happy )

EDIT 2: Issuing a correction to one of the questions, as the context isn't entirely clear. I won't say which question, though- might ruin the surprise. Very Happy

Anyone who has submitted an answer sheet will be PMed about which question, and be allowed a second chance to answer. ALSO! Only five days left to enter your completed form- so get it on it! :O )
"...at first it's fine and you think you have a dark side – it's exciting – and then you realise the dark side wins every time if you decide to indulge in it. It's also a completely different way of living when you know that...a different species of person." - Lana Del Rey
This User Has Completed

SBiF: Uppercutting cats since '09

Last edited by SoulBlazerFan on Mon Oct 26, 2009 4:43 am; edited 6 times in total
SoulBlazerFan
Crisis Historian

Resident

Gems 10,267

PostSoulBlazerFan Posted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:35 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

...And here is the form. All answers must be included using this form;

[EDIT 1: Please, direct all forms with a Topic heading reading "Trivia Contest Answer Form" or something to that effect, so I can know what you are sending me. Any questions reguarding the contest, use the title "Contest question" or something to that effect]

FORM: SBiF First Annual Ninth Anniversary Trivia Contests.

I, the contestee, assert that I did not cheat during this contest, or cohort with any other players to achieve victory. I will, if discovered cheating, give up my right to any and all prizes, forefitting my entry into above contest and all answers here.
"...at first it's fine and you think you have a dark side – it's exciting – and then you realise the dark side wins every time if you decide to indulge in it. It's also a completely different way of living when you know that...a different species of person." - Lana Del Rey
This User Has Completed

SoulBlazerFan
Crisis Historian

Resident

Gems 10,267

PostSoulBlazerFan Posted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:45 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

All righty, folks! The time is now at hand to reveal the winners, but first, here are the answers to all the questions

1. I, myself, SBiF, have changed my signature twice in the last few months. Prior to that, however, I had placed a "Potential" quote from my "Crisis of Infinite TerraEarth's" fan-fiction. Of the characters in the story, who was this quote attributed to?

Answer: Professor Edward Flare

2. What year was our kween established as an admin to the forums?

Answer: 2006- she was made into a moderator in 2005, but the question was what year was she made into an admin for the site. Answer from the kween herself. If someone can provide evidence to the contrary, blame her, not me. Very Happy

3. On this glorious, historical day, nine years ago- who created a majority the site content for TerraEarth?

Answer: RPGLunatic- the answer can be found at the bottom of the main page of TE:

"TerraEarth.com web design by boxxleman. Site content by [u]RPGlunatic[\u]. Site coded by eFlare. Soul Blazer, Illusion of Gaia, and Terranigma are all copyrighted to their respective companies, Enix, Quintet, and Nintendo. Created Oct/19/00 by RPGlunatic, remodeling of the layout May/26/04 by boxxleman. Website completly recoded Jul/28/05 by eFlare. No copyright infringement was intended with the creation of this website."

Also, eFlare had this to say;

"RPGLunatic, or Luna for short, is Boxxleman's older brother. He wrote the majority of the content for the main site and co-founded TerraEarth.

And there you have it"

4. As of October 1st, who authored the most posts placed into the graveyard forum?

Answer: Castoth

5. As of October 1st, how many members of TerraEarth have achieved the "Resident status," not including admins/mods?

Answer: 20 or 21- either answer is acceptable, because boxxle, raini and eFlare are admins, Jason, Valerie are mods. Kaleflame was a mod at one point before one of the forum crashes, and was never made into one again.

6. Who currently has the highest percent of total site posts, as of October 1st?

Answer: Rainichan

7. As of October 1st, what member that achieved resident status that has the least amount of posts?

Answer: Tie. gw83st and TerraKnux, at 3 a piece. Either answer is acceptable as an answer.

8. Finish the phrase from this image; http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/2736/thingl.png

"I'll buy a-"

Answer: Rocket. The full image can be found on boxxle.net, if you didn't find it already. Razz

(On a side note- this was the only question that not a single entrant answered Razz )

9. Not really a question from this site, or the Soul Blazer trilogy, but it's from a game developed by Quintet. What game from them featured a planet named "Quintenix?" (Very original, don't you think?)

Answer: Robotrek.

Now that the above is taken care of, the part you were all waiting for is upon us; time to announce the winners!

Freedan and EverPhoenix had four correct answers a piece- and will be sharing the second place prize of 500 GEMS.

And this years winner, and the person taking home the grand prize of 1,000 GEMs- JasonTandro, with a total of six correct answers!

Congradulations to all the players. Good luck next year!
This User Has Completed

Blade

Resident

Gems 8,496

PostBlade Posted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:03 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I knew it, I didn't figure ANY of these questions out, so I didn't participate in the first place Mad Razz
Congratulation to the winners! I should've bet on Jason before hand, I kinda knew he'd win Wink
tay120n64
The Koholint Knight

Level 19: Soul Blazer

Gems 7,572

Posttay120n64 Posted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:00 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Dammit, I should've entered. I TOTALLY would've tied with Jason.

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Windows Live Messenger
Blade

Resident

Gems 8,496

PostBlade Posted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:19 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

tay120n64 wrote:
Dammit, I should've entered. I TOTALLY would've tied with Jason.

The thing is, it was stickied, and every stickied thread, on any forum, draws not alot attention, because everyone thinks "ah, there are all the blablabla rules I can't be arsed to rad" Wink
Jason Tandro
The Undying TE Fanatic

Level 20: Guardian of Pandora

Gems 8,090
Location: Tiptoeing the line between confidence and arrogance.

PostJason Tandro Posted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:00 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure if more people had participated, I would have been 2nd... maybe even third. I just happened to know how to find the answers on the site, and I knew about SBFs quote.

Rest in peace, old avatar.
SoulBlazerFan
Crisis Historian

Resident

Gems 10,267

PostSoulBlazerFan Posted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:36 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

And sadly, the three people that won were the ONLY THREE PEOPLE TO ENTER. Sad

And I had Raini sticky it with the assumption it would garner more attention on the top of the page as opposed to the bottom. Next time, I think, I'll run the contest a little longer.

EDIT: Blade: Maybe next time, we'll not only play the contest, but also bet on the winners. TerraEarth gambling... who woulda thought? Very Happy
This User Has Completed

Blade

Resident

Gems 8,496

PostBlade Posted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:50 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I bet 10 gems we'll have more participants next time! Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Contests and Games All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: