TerraEarth Forums

What's the best Zelda?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> General Gaming
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What's your favorite Zelda game of all time?
The Legend of Zelda
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
The Adventure of Link
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
A Link to the Past
50%
 50%  [ 6 ]
Link's Awakening
8%
 8%  [ 1 ]
Ocarina of Time
25%
 25%  [ 3 ]
Majora's Mask
16%
 16%  [ 2 ]
Oracle of Ages
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Oracle of Seasons
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
The Wind Waker
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Four Swords Adventures
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
The Minish Cap
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Twilight Princess
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Phantom Hourglass
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 12

tay120n64
The Koholint Knight

Level 19: Soul Blazer

Gems 7,572

Posttay120n64 Posted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:59 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

psychokind wrote:
tay120n64 wrote:
psychokind wrote:
Freedan, the Dark Knight wrote:
People were probably expecting it to be a revolution for the series like OoT was. Instead, it turned out to be an evolution.

Still a great game, but not necessarily a breakthrough.

they could have made it a breakthrough if they waited for the Wii and made it a full-Wii-game. twilight princess should have been the zelda which finally makes you stand in your room and fight imaginary enemies with your wii control. shield in your right, sword in your left, TEK TAK HAAAA!

I still don't know how I feel about that. If I'm gonna play a Zelda, I wanna do it the way I always have...

Naked. I mean... with a regular controller.

you mean in 2D like zelda 1? no you don't, zelda needs constant evolution or it will die like any other game. why are there suddenly 10 dragonball games per year? because they managed to make full use of the awesome wii-control!

...wut?

Ummmm... That response doesn't make sense in regards to my comment... maybe... (and there haven't been that many Dragonball games...) And I'm all for series progression and evolution, but control scheme is something different entirely. For instance, while I loved the control scheme for Phantom Hourglass, it was also a hassle. It would have been a lot easier with a D-Pad.

Twilight Princess on Wii wasn't so bad. The movement felt natural, it was just odd playing with two controllers. My concern is that the game is just going to feel too "out there" with more advanced motion control. I'll reserve my judgment until the product is out, but it still irks me. I like my traditional controllers.

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Windows Live Messenger
psychokind
fuck yeah!

Level 19: Soul Blazer

Resident

Gems 10,444

Postpsychokind Posted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:57 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

tay120n64 wrote:
...wut?

Ummmm... That response doesn't make sense in regards to my comment... maybe... (and there haven't been that many Dragonball games...) And I'm all for series progression and evolution, but control scheme is something different entirely. For instance, while I loved the control scheme for Phantom Hourglass, it was also a hassle. It would have been a lot easier with a D-Pad.

Twilight Princess on Wii wasn't so bad. The movement felt natural, it was just odd playing with two controllers. My concern is that the game is just going to feel too "out there" with more advanced motion control. I'll reserve my judgment until the product is out, but it still irks me. I like my traditional controllers.

I think advanced control is like stepping vom 2D to 3D. and there is no 4D Very Happy to advance computer games (in which zelda always took it's part) graphic enhancement can't be the only option. controlling and sound should be advanced further, and stimulating tactile sense shouldn't be at it's end with the rumble pack!

means: conservative thinking in terms of controlers can't be an option for the zelda developers, and they most likely think the same way Very Happy

@dragonball-example: there were never popular dragonball games until now, not because it's dragonball, but they are excellent fighting games which use the wii controll awesomly. people play dragonball saying "I hate japanese gay manga fuck, but there's no other game where I can seriously punch in the air and seeing the effect on the screen."
Level 10: Dark Bat

Level 10: Dark Bat

Gems 71,096

PostNurdof Posted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 5:47 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I like how they do that in these Zelda games; they make situations to where if you thought about it from the perspective of the previous games or the items you had there, you wonder how you're supposed to possibly get Heart Pieces and other items, when there's no way you can get them at that point, but then in Link's Awakening, they introduce new items and such that allow you to get items in ways that you couldn't do so in the previous games. That's a nice touch there, and a bit of a change.
arkisdabomb
Level 9: Sabre Dog

Level 9: Sabre Dog

Gems 2,148

Postarkisdabomb Posted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 3:07 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

late to the party, but I voted Ocarina of Time, cause it was the one that got me into Zelda to begin with, but it was hard to pick between it and A Link To the Past, but in the end OOC wins. but just.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> General Gaming All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: