TerraEarth Forums

Health Care Reform Bill Passed In House!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Debate Island
View previous topic :: View next topic  
inferiare
TerraEarth Historian

Level 20: Guardian of Pandora

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:02 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

That war business costing us a bunch of arms and legs was one of the main reasons we didn't want to go to war, besides sending a bunch of 18 year olds into the battle fray and ending up with a ton of those same kids dead. That frivolous spending is what we don't want and this health care bill is costing us somewhere in the trillions of dollars with all the crap they're trying to put on to us. I think every single American is sick of the government trying to spend more more MORE on everything and putting us further in debt, and that's just what this bill is doing that they're trying to pass.

As for the 225k people, I was trying to find a source of how long that had been but only found figures from 2004 onward. I was more using that as an example of "Sure people die from being uninsured and having to pay out the ass for any sort of help, but it happens when you're insured too" as sort of an opposition.

And as a reminder, from the war in Iraq to a lot of the things that have been pushed through the House and the Senate, a good chunk of those things were opposed by the people, but... again were just pushed through because our opinions and thoughts didn't matter to the big government. I guarantee you that any American at this point would tell you that they're sick and tired of the government pulling this crap on us with "Oh, you told us not to go ahead and send those extra troops overseas and cost you even MORE in taxpayer money, but haha we did it anyway! Very Happy" and so on and so forth. If we had any say in the matter anymore, we would be able to cut the spending of our tax money on things we don't actually NEED for our country, but we really don't anymore.

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Windows Live Messenger
SoulBlazerFan
Crisis Historian

Level 18: Earth Spirit

Resident

Gems 10,267

PostSoulBlazerFan Posted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 2:37 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

A little late to this part of the convo, but I saw someone mentioned (me thinks raini) that people have nice cars and sound systems but still live on welfare. Funny enough, we have a donation service around the corner, called Project Paul. They give food to the needy. Funny enough, 90% of all the vehicles outside of that place getting food are from the last two or three years, and some do have ridiculous sound systems.

Personally, I barely eat as it is, and I'm taking home over a grand a month. But I can't afford a nice car, hell, I can't afford much of anything. But I don't want to take from the truly needy, even if I'm in somewhat of a needy spot.
"...at first it's fine and you think you have a dark side – it's exciting – and then you realise the dark side wins every time if you decide to indulge in it. It's also a completely different way of living when you know that...a different species of person." - Lana Del Rey
This User Has Completed

SBiF: Uppercutting cats since '09
psychokind
fuck yeah!

Level 19: Soul Blazer

Resident

Gems 10,444

Postpsychokind Posted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:31 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

SoulBlazerFan wrote:

Personally, I barely eat as it is, and I'm taking home over a grand a month. But I can't afford a nice car, hell, I can't afford much of anything. But I don't want to take from the truly needy, even if I'm in somewhat of a needy spot.

I'm taking home less than a grand (but €) and I can afford a lot, including a nice car with a good sound system Very Happy
Crisis Historian

Level 18: Earth Spirit

Resident

Gems 10,267

PostSoulBlazerFan Posted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 8:21 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

psychokind wrote:
SoulBlazerFan wrote:

I'm taking home less than a grand (but €) and I can afford a lot, including a nice car with a good sound system Very Happy

Are you living out on your own paying bills (IE- electric- which in for the months of July-September cost me roughly 1,400), rent, car insurance, my own food, and other necessities?

That would be impressive.
"...at first it's fine and you think you have a dark side – it's exciting – and then you realise the dark side wins every time if you decide to indulge in it. It's also a completely different way of living when you know that...a different species of person." - Lana Del Rey
This User Has Completed

SBiF: Uppercutting cats since '09
psychokind
fuck yeah!

Level 19: Soul Blazer

Resident

Gems 10,444

Postpsychokind Posted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:18 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

SoulBlazerFan wrote:
psychokind wrote:
SoulBlazerFan wrote:

Are you living out on your own paying bills (IE- electric- which in for the months of July-September cost me roughly 1,400), rent, car insurance, my own food, and other necessities?

That would be impressive.

from march on, yes. no problem here. to the contrary, it's too much money for an average student. my gf has to get along with... 400€ / month and living at home on the weekends Wink

I already lived with about 750 € / month but without car insurance and health care (I was still in my parents care because I didn't earn money, the 750 € were from my parents).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Debate Island All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: