TerraEarth Forums

Are Video Games Addictive?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> General Gaming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
psychokind
fuck yeah!

Level 19: Soul Blazer

Resident

Gems 10,444

Postpsychokind Posted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:57 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

that's why you should be careful, blade. if you stand in between FF7 vs FF8 fans, you'll get crushed easily. they don't care about bystanders Wink

Resident

Gems 8,804

PostEverPhoenix Posted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:32 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

there are ff7 fans here?

*looks around*

all ive heard is that people either like 8 more, never played any of them, or dont mention 7 in their favourite games list.
Level 18: Earth Spirit

Resident

Gems 8,496

PostBlade Posted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:04 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Reminds me, a friend of mine (huge FF fan) keeps bugging me with FF VII I think..."you might like this", etc. ...

But WHEN I get my ass around to play a FF game (and there are good chances this day will never come) I'll prolly stick to the 2D ones first. You know, for nostagic-fags reasons ^^
tay120n64
The Koholint Knight

Gems 7,572

Posttay120n64 Posted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:59 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Blade wrote:
Reminds me, a friend of mine (huge FF fan) keeps bugging me with FF VII I think..."you might like this", etc. ...

But WHEN I get my ass around to play a FF game (and there are good chances this day will never come) I'll prolly stick to the 2D ones first. You know, for nostagic-fags reasons ^^

Well, if you're going to play VII, PLAY IT FIRST. Because to be honest, if you play any of the others before VII, you probably won't enjoy VII once you do. That said, if you only plan on playing one or two Final Fantasies, skip VII. The story and characters are good, but the gameplay is sub-par.

Play IV, VI, or VIII as I imagine those are the ones all the other TEians will recommend most...

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Windows Live Messenger
EverPhoenix

Resident

Gems 8,804

PostEverPhoenix Posted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:31 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

tay120n64 wrote:
Blade wrote:

Well, if you're going to play VII, PLAY IT FIRST. Because to be honest, if you play any of the others before VII, you probably won't enjoy VII once you do. That said, if you only plan on playing one or two Final Fantasies, skip VII. The story and characters are good, but the gameplay is sub-par.

Play IV, VI, or VIII as I imagine those are the ones all the other TEians will recommend most...

well, 7 wasnt my least favourite, but it wasnt the best either. they were all good, but 8 is the clear standout. 9 was also awesome.

if you want to start with a 2d one, start with IV. or VI. (the only 2d ones ive played, and apparently they are the best 2)
TerraEarth Historian

Level 20: Guardian of Pandora

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:44 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, and 10 are all really good. I'm one of the few people in the world who didn't find Tidus to be an emo whiner though, haha. Compared to Cloud post-game and during Advent Children, Tidus is a goddamn rainbow of sunshine and bunnies and unicorns. 7's story is good, don't get me wrong, but there are other games in the franchise that are better. It was insanely popular back in 1997 because the graphics were the OMG BEST at the time. :/ It hasn't really aged well.

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Windows Live Messenger
tay120n64
The Koholint Knight

Gems 7,572

Posttay120n64 Posted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:50 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

rainichan wrote:
the cutscenes were the OMG BEST at the time

I fixeded it. Very Happy

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Windows Live Messenger
SoulBlazerFan
Crisis Historian

Level 18: Earth Spirit

Resident

Gems 10,267

PostSoulBlazerFan Posted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:51 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

EverPhoenix wrote:
i havent played 5 yet. i might do that next, either that or ill go ahead and start Chrono Trigger.

SoulBlazerFan wrote:
Actually, the magic junctioning system is really a choice; you can take your time and find the draw points over and over to make the game easier, or you simply draw when you can and let it play harder. Personally, I once spent 7 hours drawing magic from the two draw islands- raini and Jason will prolly know what I'm talking about- and got 100 Ultima's for all the characters in my party, just to make the game easier. But like I said, it's all about choice- and you can Auto-Assign everything as well, so you don't even need to tinker with the Magic/GF Junction system.

island closest to heaven/hell Very Happy i never got more than about 5 of each thing from that. i got away with just getting lots of mediocre magic, and the aura spell. lionheart FTW.

also, another point. people have finished the game without leveling or junctioning, because the level of the monsters depends on the average level of your party. im pretty sure it wouldnt be a challenge to get through the game with only the non-sidequest GFs and the magic you refine using those GFs.

SoulBlazerFan wrote:
Triple Triad was one thing on every play through (17? 18? Can't remember- too many though!) of the game I did. I unfortunately had to sacrifice a one-time card (Laguna) to get the 100 Heroes items to beat the Ultimate Weapon, and it ended up it wasn't even worth it.

hah, thats exactly how i beat him. although i think it can be done without, i suspect Terra Break can be bypassed with Float, and the rest arent that horrible - KO one member at best, if memory serves.

SoulBlazerFan wrote:
But I'll give everything a shot once. I even tried to get the supposed "Alternate ending" by getting Odin on disc four, (SPOILER AHEAD) to bypass his death,(SPOILER END) but to no avail.

theres an alternate ending? DAMN, i need to play the game again now!
so you need to have odin at the end? and not gilgamesh?

and i can get lionheart on disc 1 this time.

No. It was believed that if you got Odin after the fight with Seifer, where you first meet Gilgamesh, that there was another ending which included an Island and the Giant Cactuar killing your party. But when I said to "no avail," I meant it didn't come up- same old absurd ending.
"...at first it's fine and you think you have a dark side – it's exciting – and then you realise the dark side wins every time if you decide to indulge in it. It's also a completely different way of living when you know that...a different species of person." - Lana Del Rey
This User Has Completed

SBiF: Uppercutting cats since '09
inferiare
TerraEarth Historian

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:43 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

tay120n64 wrote:
rainichan wrote:
the cutscenes were the OMG BEST at the time

I fixeded it. Very Happy

Lol. The cutscenes = part of the graphics. And in 1997, all of those were the OMG BEST.

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Windows Live Messenger
EverPhoenix

Resident

Gems 8,804

PostEverPhoenix Posted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:27 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

the difference between OoT and FF7 is that Square Enix decided to drag it to hell, where Nintendo didnt.
TerraEarth Historian

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:23 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

EverPhoenix wrote:
the difference between OoT and FF7 is that Square Enix decided to drag it to hell, where Nintendo didnt.

LOL.

Well said, EP.

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> General Gaming All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: