TerraEarth Forums

Parallel Earths and You: A Tutorial Volume One

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> TerraEarth History
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SoulBlazerFan
Crisis Historian

Level 18: Earth Spirit

Resident

Gems 10,267

PostSoulBlazerFan Posted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:30 am   Post subject: Parallel Earths and You: A Tutorial Volume One Reply with quote

EDIT ONE: As per request, minor changes have been made to the original document.

EDIT TWO: Added the "Volume I" to keep continuity with this and the new volume. Removed "Part One" from the document and Title. Minor edits added as well.

Parallel Earths and You:

A Tutorial

Volume I

EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT INTER-DIMENSIONAL TRAVEL... AND THEN SOME

Brought to you by InterCorp Science Division of TerraEarth: Prime

Welcome, one and all! Take a seat, have some Gallarian Marmalade- it only looks weird because their sun burns blue-hot instead of the normal yellow. Or a Zenatharian Googalash- it’s quite delicious, once that burning sensation stops. Don’t you worry- those boils will go away, they are only a temporary side effect.
Today, I am here to present to you accounts of amazing journeys to the nether regions of space/time. The Einstein/Rosen/Podelskin bridge has been crossed, ladies and gentlemen, and all you Dusapinids, you crazy guys. Don’t think we forgot you! You’re a welcome addition both to our society and science, you humanoid-spider sentient beings!
We will be going on a journey together- not nearly as wondrous as inter-dimensional travel, at least, not yet. We here at InterCorp wish to give you a complete history of all facets of both the science and reality of inter-dimensional travel. You will learn from not only theory but from actual accounts from the real people who went to explore these other worlds. You will learns of wonders unknown to any other man- or Dusapinids, until today. The worlds we have explored until now have given us great insight that we here at InterCorp Science Division wish to share with you. So join us- and learn of the wonders of these alternate worlds.

Lesson One: History of The Science

The Einstein/Rosen/Podelskin Bridge was a marvel of quantum physics. It depicted that the fracture of space/time was possible, and runs along with the theories presented by the contemporaries of all worlds, from Stephen Hawking to Dr. Samuel Beckett to Fremalak from world A117AIG. Wormholes are a staple of all quantum theoretic sciences, even Time travel. And while Dr. Beckett attempted to explain time travel as a way of viewing the past as opposed to experiencing it, Fremalak explained that all travel is not inter-dimensional but instead poly-dimensional, and moves not only between universe to universe but also to all the spaces in-between.
Inter-dimensional displacement moves along what he believes to be the sixth dimension or reality, the first being length, the second width, the third being depth, his fourth being temporal and most likely time, the fifth multi-dimensions, and the sixth the movement between any and all of them. He has theorized that there are beings that can displace themselves, whether at will or against it- in other worlds, either as their own bodies or as a replacement of a being that exists in that world. The other person is pushed out into the inter-dimensional purgatory, until the Traveler wishes to return.
Einstein first proposed the theory of inter-dimensional travel in 1937. In his book, “Theoretische Wissenschaft Für Den Laien,” or Theoretical Science For the Layma., Einstein proposed the first incarnation of his widely popularized String Theory. The theory has been changed, revised, and updated only since on his particular home world, and in 1995 the Super String theory was created, and included all revisions and additions as possibilities.
A scientist from TerraEarth: Prime, Dr. David Flare, proposed the Mega String Theory, which states that, despite the belief dimensions are separate from one another, energy constantly passes between them, and thus, travel between them is not impossible. Photon trails exist, and can be tracked, and with the proper equipment, a inter-dimensional wormhole, or a vortex, can be created between two worlds for a short time for passage.
He also theorized this travel was extremely dangerous. If the coordinates of the vortexes weren’t precise, they could drop any Traveler between them not only into objects, but also into outer space in that world. There is also the possibility that the wormholes created could not be properly stabilized. If the vortex were to collapse during a passage between two worlds, the person moving between them would become “Unstuck” between worlds, and potentially lost forever in space/time.
There was also the probability, no matter how infinitesimal; the transfer of energy would cause the vortex to grow much larger than could be contained. Should the wormhole grow large enough, the properties or gravity would force the two worlds into one another, effectively destroying the two universes, and sending a shockwave between all of them, damaging all tethers of connection between worlds.
This of course was merely conjecture. There isn’t a shred of credible evidence to confirm nor deny Dr. Flares’ theory.
However, on TerraEarth: Prime, years after Dr. David Flare passed away during an experiment gone wrong, his son, Professor Edward Flare, and Ark Rizan, two of Prime’s most brilliant minds, continued the work on trans-dimensional travel. Through their tireless time and research, came success. The first inter-dimensional travel occurred on September 39th in the year 1055AB-7 of the TerraEarth: Prime timeline. At witness were the following people; Ark Rizan, Professor Edward Flare, Dr. David Bryce Banner, Dr. Abraham Fawkes, Aliana DuPoint, and Chief Lab Technician Dr. Allan Bittner, Ph.D. Quantum Mechanics.
The first vortex was opened at 15:30 AM, and briefly studied. Ark Rizan, having being the rambunctious individual he is, attempted early travel. He passed through the vortex at 17:45, with no equipment or safety apertures, and only a micro-recorder to preserve the first impressions of the new world.
What follows is a text document detailing the recorded messages Ark Rizan had made during his brief journey into another world.

Historical Account A) Ark Rizan, September 39th, 1055AB-7, TE: Prime Visitor To Unknown World A

“The time is ten minutes until 16:00 AM. I have successfully transferred between the inter-dimensional gateway we created on our home world. Much as I and others have theorized, the world I have arrived on does contain an oxygen-based atmosphere.
"The surrounding area appears to be like a city, an area during our early age of the Technological Revolution. The buildings are all damaged, as if from a battle. The street-ways are lined with wreckage, including automobiles and dirt. It appears this area has long since been abandoned by any civilized race. Wait, I see some writing...
“It appears to be early primitive writing, a hand not used since before the development of our quad-nary language. The writing appears to be English, at least, as far as I’ve seen it. I’m not the linguist Eddie is- sorry, Edward Flare is. Sorry, Ed. I wish you were here to see this… maybe you would be able to understand the word better than I.
“I will attempt to spell it out based on the limited knowledge I have. K… R… O… M… A…G? I believe that to be the letters as I understand them. Perhaps, who ever these… Kromags are, they may have caused the decimation that has ravaged this city, which appears to have been very robust. There is sign at the end of this street. Once again, there is more of the old language that I do not quite understand. There is a letter I… a symbol that I assume represents a heart… and the following letters; N, E, W, space, Y, O, R and K.
“I believe this name is New York, a city in our world that was decimated during the Final Plan in the year 899AB-5. It may be this world is a mirror to our own world, some hundred and fifty years in the past?
“Wait- there is a noise in the distance, a high, whirring sound.” There is some shuffling on the tape here, and then a loud crashing sound. The tape is static filled for almost a minute, and then Rizan continues.
“Above me in the sky was a craft of some sort. In the distance, I heard the human scream of “Manta-Ship” so I’m going to logically assume that’s what it is. It looks almost like a bird of prey, stalking whoever it was that made that scream. My guess would be whoever these Kromags are they may be flying the ship. I’m going to take my opportunity to leave this place. There is an imminent danger in this world. As much as I wish to explore it further, the dangerous possibility of death will prevent me from doing so. As I cannot seem to find anything to call this world, perhaps due to my limited chance for exploration of it, I shall dub it TerraEarth: Alpha, for lack of a better name. I request suspension of the wormhole, and the connection to this world, until further, safer analysis can be done.” The tape ends here.
"...at first it's fine and you think you have a dark side – it's exciting – and then you realise the dark side wins every time if you decide to indulge in it. It's also a completely different way of living when you know that...a different species of person." - Lana Del Rey
This User Has Completed

SBiF: Uppercutting cats since '09

Last edited by SoulBlazerFan on Sat Jun 05, 2010 1:01 pm; edited 3 times in total
Jason Tandro
The Undying TE Fanatic

Level 20: Guardian of Pandora

Gems 8,090
Location: Tiptoeing the line between confidence and arrogance.

PostJason Tandro Posted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:39 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

You're just smarter than the rest of us. Confused

Seriously this is some incredibly detailed stuff. This is what I meant when I said that you were a much better writer than me. Very Happy

Rest in peace, old avatar.
psychokind
fuck yeah!

Level 19: Soul Blazer

Resident

Gems 10,444

Postpsychokind Posted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:35 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I finally found the time to read this, indeed amazing SBF!
manifested spam

Level 17: Jealous Spirit

Resident

Gems 7,352

Postchicken Posted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:55 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

the beginning made me remember that physics class i once had back in 2006. i had to present "the worm hole". guys, i really recommend some serious research in that topic. it is so interesting once you get the thing with "space is bent and not flat".

winner of the following awards:

Biggest Spammer
Most Annoying Poster
the Pie Award Very Happy
Funniest Poster

posting more than one exclamation mark is a sign for mental disturbtion...

yay for jase Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> TerraEarth History All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: