TerraEarth Forums

Terranigma Brain Teaser
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Contests and Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dark_Gaia
Level 12: Soul Knight

Resident

Gems 6,560

PostDark_Gaia Posted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 5:02 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

=) heh we r the ones that have lives!
Jason Tandro
The Undying TE Fanatic

Level 20: Guardian of Pandora

Gems 8,090
Location: Tiptoeing the line between confidence and arrogance.

PostJason Tandro Posted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 5:12 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I assure you, you may THINK you waste time... but you ain't got nothing on me. I'm the kinda guy who invented ways to entertain himself and occupy his time while playing a video game! For instance, during the tedious vehicle segments of Mass Effect, I try to shoot the machine gun in a musical cadence!

Rest in peace, old avatar.
tay120n64
The Koholint Knight

Level 19: Soul Blazer

Gems 7,572

Posttay120n64 Posted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:20 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

That's nothing Jason.

To make games like Mario Land and Kirby's Dream Land for Game Boy last longer when I was a child, I gave random enemies and particular objects and platforms complete backstories so as to make the experience more fun. I would spend minutes at a time in one area acting like my goal was far more than just beating the end area boss or reaching the door at the end of the level.

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Windows Live Messenger
Dark_Gaia

Resident

Gems 6,560

PostDark_Gaia Posted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:21 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

nothin like shootin the wall on goldeneye 64 tryin to write swear words with bullet holes. ahh the good old days lol
Jason Tandro
The Undying TE Fanatic

Gems 8,090

PostJason Tandro Posted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:30 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I use to play the Demo for Dynasty Warriors 3 over and over and over, each time focusing on protecting a different area in the scant 10 minutes they allotted for the demo.

Dark_Gaia

Resident

Gems 6,560

PostDark_Gaia Posted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:32 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

rofl nice. a kid in my street had the demo version for age 2 which was so bad, but i didnt have a pc back then n i used to pay him like 5 bucks to play it for half an hour all the time lol. i never got far but i loved that game so much. still do
Jason Tandro
The Undying TE Fanatic

Gems 8,090

PostJason Tandro Posted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:42 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha. We had an "Age of Empires Club" in my middle school which I started. We had like four meetings. Laughing

But anyways each time we played I would invoke a different strategy. One time I was playing a match and we broke up into two teams. Each person on the team had a different job (this is 4 on 4).

My friend Ray was the resource collector. He made exclusively villagers and the occassional scout cavalry to search for all the resources possible. He would mine or chop like crazy and share his loot with the whole team (of course each other team members would have a few of their own villagers working the mines and forests too).

This other kid was the vanguard. He made cavalry units and naval units that would be the first to attack the enemy and give us heads ups about enemy hotspots.

Another teammate was the Army, who would make tough infantry units, like hoplites.

My job was defense and siege weaponry. I stockpiled stone, built all the walls and towers and made an army of stone-throwers.

Well we got to to the enemy base right, and there was a large set of fortified stone walls. So they call my stone-thrower brigade in. I bring them in and set them too their task and then go to check on something back at my village.

All of a sudden I get about a dozen urgent chat messages telling me to call off the attack. I rush back to the site thinking the enemy has a huge army or something... but no.

My stonethrowers had torn down the walls, but were still firing on the area as the army was passing through it. This bottle-necking caused my stonethrowers to inadvertently tear apart our own forces!

We lost that match...

Dark_Gaia

Resident

Gems 6,560

PostDark_Gaia Posted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:49 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

ahh yeah the only draw back to the onagers and catapults in age. crushing damage to ur own troops. aha ive seen plenty of that =D terrible feeling
psychokind
fuck yeah!

Resident

Gems 10,444

Postpsychokind Posted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:35 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I drove to the local electronic market with my buddy to stand in front of the N64 and defeat grown-ups in super smash brothers. but before, we acted as we didn't know the game yet Laughing
Level 9: Sabre Dog

Level 9: Sabre Dog

Gems 2,148

Postarkisdabomb Posted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 9:59 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

psychokind wrote:
I drove to the local electronic market with my buddy to stand in front of the N64 and defeat grown-ups in super smash brothers. but before, we acted as we didn't know the game yet Laughing

I did the same thing with Capcom vs. SNK 2 when it came out on XBox. The Best Buy had a demo of it, but the demo was basically the full game, just untranslated. Needless to say I won alot Wink
EverPhoenix

Resident

Gems 8,804

PostEverPhoenix Posted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:10 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

i used to play the warcraft 1 demo version. in the level that is impossible to beat (hence ending the demo), i turned on the invincibility cheat, got one of the enemy grunts chasing a peasant somewhere in a far corner of the map, and started building a damn lot of buildings. i went as far as to give certain peasants their own lands, set up coups, built jails made of too many farms, etc

it was very creative, and this was when i would have been around 8.

also, @psychokind: my friend and i were going to do that with guitar hero 3 at an EBGames. my friend can finish Through the Fire and Flames on expert, and there were girls at the game who didnt know you had to strum as well as push the coloured buttons. it would have been amusing
Level 18: Earth Spirit

Resident

Gems 8,496

PostBlade Posted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:23 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

My bro and I played The Settlers 3 demo version, and after defeating the one enemy, we explored the whole island and overcrowded it iwth settlers Razz

We also used to write swearwords in Golden Eye Wink

And I always try to finish every Zelda game with every heart part, max. Gems, max. arows/bombs/etc. -> especially fun in Majoras Mask!
tay120n64
The Koholint Knight

Gems 7,572

Posttay120n64 Posted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:46 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Blade wrote:
And I always try to finish every Zelda game with every heart part, max. Gems, max. arows/bombs/etc. -> especially fun in Majoras Mask!

I do that too. Very Happy

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Windows Live Messenger
EverPhoenix

Resident

Gems 8,804

PostEverPhoenix Posted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:26 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

after finishing the main story of any ff game, i look up faqs on how to make my characters insanely powerful, for novelty's sake.

e.g. in ffx, after a little preparation, i sent tidus on a grand tour that took him through his, auron's, wakka's and kimahri's sphere grids within a couple of hours.

also, in ffx-2, i made a point of going as far through via infinito as my patience allowed. i got up to lvl70something, at which point i realised that i would need items i had missed earlier. ended up completely destroying the final boss without even having to resort to catnip.
The Undying TE Fanatic

Gems 8,090

PostJason Tandro Posted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:44 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to the Arena, the Overdrive --> AP ability, and the Ally Overdrive setting... you can rake in the Sphere levels towards the end of the game. In one of my current saves, ALL my characters have unlocked ALL of the talents and stats in the Sphere Grid, with a couple odds and ends missing.

Course getting the ultimate weapons and sigils in that game is killing me... Mad

I can't stand the Via Infinito. I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but even with all my girls at level 80, I still can't make it past the Black Elemnt.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Contests and Games All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: