TerraEarth Forums

Beloved Videogame Cliche
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Debate Island
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Favorite Videogame Cliche?
The Damsel In Distress
100%
 100%  [ 2 ]
The Weapon of Evil's Bane
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
The Taciturn Hero
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
The Treacherous Lieutenant
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
The Distopian Future
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
The Loveable Tramp
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
The (Almost) Unstoppable Apocalypse
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 2

arkisdabomb
Level 9: Sabre Dog

Gems 2,148

Postarkisdabomb Posted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:46 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Chrono Trigger has it twice. First when Lucca saves Crono from jail, and again when you save him from death (unless you chose all the guys, but then you wouldn't be using Lucca, one of the most powerful characters in the game)

Also Final Fantasy VII in a way with Cloud

I'm sure Samus has done it at some point

I'm sure I'll think of more later.
Jason Tandro
The Undying TE Fanatic

Level 20: Guardian of Pandora

Gems 8,090
Location: Tiptoeing the line between confidence and arrogance.

PostJason Tandro Posted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:25 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll give you Chrono Trigger and FF7. Although to be honest, I rarely used Lucca. My party usually consisted of Chrono and Frog and then I'd either have Marle or Ayla (based on whether or not I needed a healer in my party).

I very rarely used Robo or Lucca.

Rest in peace, old avatar.
EverPhoenix
Level 19: Soul Blazer

Resident

Gems 8,804

PostEverPhoenix Posted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:02 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

ff8 (although not in the main story, see the ending) and ff9 have those themes as well.

and i still havent finished chrono trigger, Zeal's unsavoury tactics have made me leave the game for a little bit. party consists of frog, magus and crono.

Gems 2,148

Postarkisdabomb Posted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:17 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

My party was Crono, Lucca and Frog. major nukeage with decent heal.

Crono is level 87, Lucca 85, and Frog 82. Lavos does anywhere between 70~120 damage per hit on me, Frog can heal all for 300. Lucca does between 3000~3500 per hit with Flare, and Crono does between 3500~4000 per Luminare. And they both have Gold Studs Cool Guy
tay120n64
The Koholint Knight

Gems 7,572

Posttay120n64 Posted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:12 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Chrono, Marle, Ayla. (Though now that I'm max level, I use Robo in place of Marle) Chrono and Ayla have my favorite Dual Techs, which helped out a great deal against Lavos.

It was hardest when I had to beat him with just Chrono and Marle. That battle took me like, fifteen tries.

On my DS version, every character is at LV. 99. Only some stats are Max, though. Lucca, Marle, and Magus are the only ones with Max Magic. And Lucca and Marle are the only ones that don't have Max Strength.

Jason Tandro wrote:
Can you actually remember playing a game where a girl saved a guy?

Super Princess Peach. Laughing

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Windows Live Messenger
psychokind
fuck yeah!

Resident

Gems 10,444

Postpsychokind Posted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:15 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

crono, magus & frog. heal with items Wink

Gems 2,148

Postarkisdabomb Posted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:38 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

tay120n64 wrote:
Chrono, Marle, Ayla. (Though now that I'm max level, I use Robo in place of Marle) Chrono and Ayla have my favorite Dual Techs, which helped out a great deal against Lavos.

It was hardest when I had to beat him with just Chrono and Marle. That battle took me like, fifteen tries.

On my DS version, every character is at LV. 99. Only some stats are Max, though. Lucca, Marle, and Magus are the only ones with Max Magic. And Lucca and Marle are the only ones that don't have Max Strength.

Jason Tandro wrote:
Can you actually remember playing a game where a girl saved a guy?

Super Princess Peach. Laughing

well your first problem is relying on duel techs. By end game,they're completely useless, thanks to spells like Luminare and Flare, which do godly amounts of damage and only take one person's turn. The downside is that these spells cost you 20 MP, which is a lot with a cap of 99. But that is where a nice little thing called the gold stud comes into play. it can be charmed off an enemy (don't remember which), and it's effect is all spell's MP cost is reduced by 75%. So now those 20 MP mininukes only cost your 5 MP, perfect for spamming said mininukes.

To be honest I didn't find Lavos with just Crono and Marle hard. Actually I soloed Lavos with Crono once.

Chrono Trigger is that one game for me. I know every tactic with every party to the point where I never have to bother with such trivial things as healing items. Also apparently I'm the only one that discovered the awesomeness of Lucca xD. She is the 2nd most powerful character in the game, and with the DS remake does infact surpass Magus (although I often kill him for the dramatic effect)
tay120n64
The Koholint Knight

Gems 7,572

Posttay120n64 Posted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:10 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

By the time I got to Lavos on my first playthrough I had 3 Gold Studs and 99 of all the basic healing items, so I never had to worry about MP. Besides, Falcon Hit (Strike in the DS version) is freaking awesome. Despite how strong Flare and Luminaire ended up being, at the time, this was much more feasible.

That having been said, when I finally took on the last form of Spekkio, I did it with Chrono, Lucca, and Robo. And I couldn't do it without my DSi, as the buttons are more sensitive and I could navigate the menus milliseconds quicker. It made all the difference.

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Windows Live Messenger
inferiare
TerraEarth Historian

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:31 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

On topic: Infinite Undiscovery. Aya saves Capell from jail, thinking he's Sigmund (not a major spoiler, it's right in the beginning of the game).

Off topic: My party in CT always consists of Magus, Ayla, and Marle at the end of the game. Ayla's stupid strong at the end of the game, Magus has some of the best magic to me, and Marle is a decent healing machine. Ayla and Marle's dual tech does some pretty decent damage, too (Ice Toss).

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Windows Live Messenger
Jason Tandro
The Undying TE Fanatic

Gems 8,090
Location: Tiptoeing the line between confidence and arrogance.

PostJason Tandro Posted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:52 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

rainichan wrote:
On topic: Infinite Undiscovery. Aya saves Capell from jail, thinking he's Sigmund (not a major spoiler, it's right in the beginning of the game).

I had forgotten about that game. My friend had it and I wanted to play it, but I never got around to it... and then he got Eternal Sonata.

Rest in peace, old avatar.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Debate Island All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: