TerraEarth Forums

ZSNES multiplayer!?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> General Gaming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dark_Gaia
Level 12: Soul Knight

Resident

Gems 6,560

PostDark_Gaia Posted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:25 am   Post subject: ZSNES multiplayer!? Reply with quote

Ive noticed for ages that znes has a multiplayer internet option.. does anybody know if this actually works and how it works? cos itd be a real treat to play snes games vs other ppl over the net heh
arkisdabomb
Level 9: Sabre Dog

Gems 2,148

Postarkisdabomb Posted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:27 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I also use ZSNES for my emulator, maybe we can try to figure it out sometime (not now, I'm busy with some stuff)
Dark_Gaia

Resident

Gems 6,560

PostDark_Gaia Posted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:29 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah thatd be cool. ill play u at ki or mk or something, although id be lame with the emulator controls. im sure somone on here will know how it works, or if it works =p theres some clever cookies around here i see
SoulBlazerFan
Crisis Historian

Level 18: Earth Spirit

Resident

Gems 10,267

PostSoulBlazerFan Posted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:01 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

It works. I don't remember what I did, but years ago, I was able to play through ZSNES the game Gundam Wing: Endless Duel. Awesome game that unfortunately never made it to the states.
"...at first it's fine and you think you have a dark side – it's exciting – and then you realise the dark side wins every time if you decide to indulge in it. It's also a completely different way of living when you know that...a different species of person." - Lana Del Rey
This User Has Completed

SBiF: Uppercutting cats since '09
Jason Tandro
The Undying TE Fanatic

Level 20: Guardian of Pandora

Gems 8,090
Location: Tiptoeing the line between confidence and arrogance.

PostJason Tandro Posted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:29 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

If I recall correctly it's the same principle as XBOX live with mutliplayer SNES games.

Rest in peace, old avatar.
NoZKeY
Sent by The Master

Gems 5,959

PostNoZKeY Posted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:33 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey i used to play online some time ago.

- Multiplayer option only works with Zsnes 1.42 or lower, in 1.51 Netplay is disabled. Note that both players must have the same version.

- Hamachi is required. Download it from here.

- Both players have to connect via Hamachi. Then open Zsnes and connect using Hamachi IP.

- To load games, make sure both of you have the same Rom version and filename.

Another way to play Snes online is using Snes9k (Snes9x emulator with Kaillera server). The good thing about Snes9k is that it supports up to 4/5 players online.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Windows Live Messenger
Dark_Gaia

Resident

Gems 6,560

PostDark_Gaia Posted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:37 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

wow thats great man! i alrdy use hamachi for wc3, age of empires, heroes 3 and diablo 2, so thats all good. so basically it works with any game u can play multiplayer on? oo im excited heh =D
arkisdabomb

Gems 2,148

Postarkisdabomb Posted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 12:05 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have any multiplayer games atm, but that is easily remedied. We'll have to organize something sometime.
Dark_Gaia

Resident

Gems 6,560

PostDark_Gaia Posted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 12:11 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Its on like donkey kong! country 2, contest mode! ill pwn anyone =D maybe! im decent heh
EverPhoenix
Level 19: Soul Blazer

Resident

Gems 8,804

PostEverPhoenix Posted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 3:51 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Dark_Gaia wrote:
wow thats great man! i alrdy use hamachi for wc3, age of empires, heroes 3 and diablo 2, so thats all good. so basically it works with any game u can play multiplayer on? oo im excited heh =D

HEROES 3 OVER HAMACHI? WHAT?

seriously, i never got that to work. ive had shit luck getting any heroes games to work online. i had to crack my LEGIT $110 heroes 5 to play online. and to top it all off, online mode sucked as much as heroes 5 itself.

online zsnes would be cool. and ill accept that DKC2 challenge. although i havent played that game for quite a while now

Resident

Gems 6,560

PostDark_Gaia Posted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:03 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

haha yeah im not quite the bandit i used to be at the dk series. but i can still speedrun it quite well. yeah me and my mate play heroes3 and the expansions on hamachi all the time. its good fun, heaps better than hotseat cos u cant see wat theyre doin. ep ill have 2 pwn u at that too eheh =D
psychokind
fuck yeah!

Resident

Gems 10,444

Postpsychokind Posted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:19 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

http://zbattle.net/

this is all you need guys. btw, don't join open street fighter games Wink
Sent by The Master

Gems 5,959

PostNoZKeY Posted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:24 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

If enough people we could organize some tournament... Rolling Eyes
My personal recommendations: Bomberman 1~5, Killer Instinct, Any DKC!!!, Kirby SuperStar, Goof Troop, TMNT 4:Turtles in time, Mario Kart, Top Gear...

All of them except DKC support simultaneous play.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Windows Live Messenger
EverPhoenix

Resident

Gems 8,804

PostEverPhoenix Posted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:00 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Dark_Gaia wrote:
haha yeah im not quite the bandit i used to be at the dk series. but i can still speedrun it quite well. yeah me and my mate play heroes3 and the expansions on hamachi all the time. its good fun, heaps better than hotseat cos u cant see wat theyre doin. ep ill have 2 pwn u at that too eheh =D

heh good luck. not saying im that brilliant, but i can hold my own. what town do you use?

Resident

Gems 6,560

PostDark_Gaia Posted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:48 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

hehe conflux is my fav, necro is op but, depending on map size. Nozkey thats a great idea! and some cool recommendations, il have to dl bomberman and start practising lol. lets organise a tourney =D
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> General Gaming All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: