TerraEarth Forums

TerraEarth: Absolute- Novelization

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> TerraEarth Fanworks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jason Tandro
The Undying TE Fanatic

Level 20: Guardian of Pandora

Gems 8,090
Location: Tiptoeing the line between confidence and arrogance.

PostJason Tandro Posted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:18 pm   Post subject: TerraEarth: Absolute- Novelization Reply with quote

Okay, so I'm gonna be posting the novelization of TerraEarth Absolute up on the boards! Click on the links to go to each chapter.

Introduction: A Recount of the Dark Gaia Crisis

Chapter One: Visitor

Chapter Two: Mercenary

Rest in peace, old avatar.

Last edited by Jason Tandro on Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:02 am; edited 3 times in total
Jason Tandro
The Undying TE Fanatic

Gems 8,090

PostJason Tandro Posted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:19 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

TerraEarth: Absolute

Introduction: A Recount of the Dark Gaia Crisis

Historian Elarius of Crown (349 T.D.)
And so it was in the beginning of the third century of TerraEarth that a great cataclysm was beheld in the sky. I, to my partner, asked “can you tell what the glowing red star is?” He, to I, “the light of rebirth”.

- History of the Third Age

“Alright then, my friends,” begins the Headmaster, his usual implication of familiarity with his students causing more than a few eyebrows to raise. “Today we will begin discussing a very recent bit of history. I am, of course, referring to an event which happened not five years prior.”

One stocky young woman shot her hand up in her usual sycophantic nature. The regulars of the lecture circuit, most of whom were members of the Literary Guild, shot her a look of vague curiosity, if not veiled annoyance.

“You mean the Dark Gaia Crisis,” she explained.

“Quite right,” the Headmaster continued. “Yes, I suppose it all begins around 303 T.D. or thereabouts.”

The Headmaster drummed his hands along the lecturn he was standing at. One of his colleagues sitting behind him whispered something in his neighbors ear, and then the Headmaster began to speak again.

“In the ancient days, or First Age, it was believed that a comet arrived in our solar system about the same time as the flourishing of the Moon Tribe. While records vary, most place the first sighting of this comet around 98 T.D. Now, who knows what other significant event took place at this time?” The Headmaster inquired.

The young woman’s hand raised yet again, but another less eager hand also rose. It’s owner wore a maroon robe with black and silver lining… the standard uniform of a Moderator.

“Ah, I see we have a rather distinguished guest with us. Yes, KaleFlame, proceed,” The Headmaster deferred.

KaleFlame sat where he was, but spoke with a loud, commanding voice. “According to reliable sources, that is the year when the Astaricans broke away from the Moon Tribe.”

“Precisely. Now, whether this is mere coincidence or the actual cause of the schism is unclear. Numerous theories abound, of course, and our translation of the ancient texts may even be entirely wrong. But in the search for truth, best evidence is all we really have. But I digress,” The Headmaster waved his hand noncommittally.

Again, the associate whispered something in his neighbors ear, and this time the neighbor turned and whispered back. The Headmaster cleared his throat and continued.

“As we know, the light of the Dark Comet, as it has been known, transformed the Moon Tribe into demons. It was rumored that a young hero turned the Dark Comet away, but this of course is pure conjecture,” The Headmaster explained.

“However, there is good evidence to suggest some truth in the legend, as our recent encounter with the dark comet has shown. It returned, as I said earlier, in 303. Demons became more rampant. Monsters and fiends of all manner began showing up everywhere. It was then as it was in old, the dark light of the comet had transformed TerraEarth into a land of monsters.

“Now during the Territory Incident, the Comet was believed to be growing steadily closer. It had moved from its Overlook position, just beyond our solar system, and steadily grew closer to the planet. If reports are to be believed, the light of the moon over Paninske was almost overshadowed by the red comet. There it sat for almost twenty years, until suddenly things changed.”

The Headmaster walked over to his associate and bent down. The three men exchanged words and then the Headmaster stood up.

“Ah yes. As it has been planned, we have somebody rather special who would like to speak with you,” The Headmaster nodded.

He pointed towards the back of the room, where a man clad in black armor was standing. He had short black hair and a long face; one that had seen too many battles for his youth. He walked towards the lecturn, his boots seeming to create miniature ripples of anticipation as he walked.

For all who sat in this room knew who he was.

“It seems foolish to introduce myself,” the man said. “But I am eFlare, your Administrator.”

There was a murmuring in the group, but none dared raise their voice beyond a whisper. They were in the presence of a great hero.

“In the year 345 T.D., just five short years ago, we uncovered something that would change the face of our planet forever,” eFlare explained. “In the Great Pyramid, a place of much learning and knowledge of the past, we found something that had been planted in the planet. A being of pure darkness, whose aim was to manipulate the workings of the world. The Dark Comet had not come to deliver her, but to collect her. As she took with her the souls of the planet. Were it not for the bravery of a handful of warriors the planet would have been lost.

Never forget the sacrifices of these men and women.”

Jason Tandro
The Undying TE Fanatic

Gems 8,090

PostJason Tandro Posted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:03 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Chapter One: Visitor

Historian Elarius of Crown (336 T.D.)
There was a rumor that the people who were touched by the comets light would be given special powers. Powers that humans were not meant to have. The Moon Tribe, after all, became the feared Demons that we know. Could ordinary humans gain powers that would turn us into inhuman monsters? Surely not.

-Overheard in a pub in Euro.

“The bastards,” Arashi thought as he ran down the starships hallway. “The stupid bastards.”

Three men chased him down the long winding hallway of the ICS Falcon. For a frigate, it was deceptively large, with several junctions for vehicle deployment. Arashi thought he would have been able to lose them by now, but they were, as always, persistent insects.

Arashi saw his only hope, an airlock. He dove into it and sealed himself out, while the three unarmed men banged on the door.

“Are you suicidal? The pressure will kill you!” One of the men shouted.

“Not an issue,” Arashi nodded. He pressed the airlock release and was sucked out into the vacuum of space. The three men gasped as Arashi sprouted a pair of ethereal wings and began to sail around to the far side of the Falcon.

He caught onto a small metal ladder hanging from one of the vehicle drop points. He heard the noise of the intercom vibrating through the metal.

“The stowaway is… external access junction… prepare to jettison!”

“Fools,” Arashi sighed. “Cutting off their nose to spite their face.”

As Arashi predicted, the attempt to sever him from the junction tore a massive hole in the spacecraft. The force of the pressure caused the ships drive core to rupture, and soon Arashi was flung from the wreckage by a massive explosion.

He tried to gain control of his glide, but he was falling, slowly and surely, towards a large meteor. He landed with a hard slam into the side of one of the craters.

“What a pathetic exit,” Arashi groaned.

Something caused him great distress, but he couldn’t tell what it was. Something was wrong here. He felt the ground of the meteor and felt the internal quaking.
“This meteor is collapsing!” Arashi cursed. “Damn it. I must find a way off!”

He looked around the crater and saw no clear means of escape. The jagged rocky cliffs seemed impassable, and with the impressive gravity this small meteor held preventing him from escaping by flight.

Then he saw it. A small marble structure in the base of the crater.

“A temple? Who would build a temple here?” Arashi pondered. “Oh well. No matter. It’s as good an exit as any, and I’ll take it.”

Arashi ran into the large white building and saw a small glass table. The surface of the table shimmered and rippled like the surface of a lake, but it did not reflect the surroundings. It showed a beautiful world, full of energy and life. Mountains, forests, oceans, lakes and cities flashed before his eyes as he looked into the ancient artifact: the Viewing Table.

“I pray this connection still works,” Arashi sighed as he put his hand on the Viewing Table.

He was sucked as if from the back of his head, flung forward into nothingness. He looked around him and saw only darkness.

And then… he heard Him.

---

“Freak!”

The voices were growing stronger now. It was the middle of the night, which is when the voices usually began. The familiar taunts of anger and hatred. The rejection of every part of him. He would not have it.

“Crazy!”

Psychokind could not bear the pain. The voices caused him physical pain. Did they not understand it? Or did they revel in causing him torment, in making him suffer to appease whatever debt they thought he owed.

“Demon child!”

“Shut up!” Psychokind cried into the cool night. “Shut up! Shut up! Shut up!”

Psychokind tore at his blonde hair, threw his glasses onto the dirt, and fell out of his chair.

“Leave me alone!” He wailed. “Leave me alone!”

“Pyschokind,” came a soft, friendly voice. It was a voice who understood him. A voice who knew him. Who would comfort him. Ally. “Psychokind, find me.”

Psychokind slid his glasses slowly onto his face again and stood. Each step bringing pain unbearable as the voices continued to taunt him.

“Freak!”
“Demon child!”
“Evil!”

But still, at the forefront of his mind, the soft, sweet voice. “Psychokind, find me.”

He made his way through the dark streets of his home town of Minimaly. It was small, and secluded. A mountain town just a few miles south of the Nazca Desert. It had been his home, the only thing he knew.

The people, even his family, had been wary of him. He had a gift. It wasn’t his fault. He could tell things… the future, perhaps. He could see things that the others couldn’t, hear things they couldn’t. Understand things they dare not dream.

He had read a philosopher of the Second Age who reasoned that madness was just a title given to those who had been touched by God. Those who understood things on a higher level. This knowledge caused jealousy, fear and even hatred in others who lacked the gift.

This had always been his understanding. The people had no reason to fear him…until now. Because the voice who beckoned him, Psychokind understood this, was a voice of his vindication. His retribution.

At the large statue in the center of town, he saw a man. This man was wearing a blood-red robe, and an ornate headdress.

“Who are you?” Psychokind asked.

“I think you know that already, my child,” Arashi nodded.

“You are the master of this world,” Psychokind bowed. “The one who I have been dreaming of.”

“And now your revenge will be fulfilled,” Arashi grinned.

“But… what of my family?” Psychokind asked.

“If you love them… you will protect them from everything. Death brings the ultimate protection, does it not?” Arashi asked.

“Protection…” Psychokind pondered.

His body began to glow, his eyes turned to blood red slits and immense magical energy shot from every pore of him. In the morning, there would be no more Minimaly.

Last edited by Jason Tandro on Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Jason Tandro
The Undying TE Fanatic

Gems 8,090

PostJason Tandro Posted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:01 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Chapter Two: Mercenary

Historian Marcus of Freejia (147 T.D.)
Other worlds? But of course there must be other worlds! For if ours was the only of the many celestial bodies then what are the luminous orbs that we see when we stare into the night sky. I dare say that these other worlds may very well have intelligent life on them as well… but of course, there is currently no evidence to support this.

-An utterance to the Aenlin, Mayor of Evegrow.

The swaying of the boat did not agree with Jason Tandro. He was, however, used to this method of travel. Being an agent of Spector meant you didn’t get to choose your accommodations. It was the price he paid for being given the tools and authority to hunt him down.

He sat on the lower deck, looking out over the ocean, his arm flung casually over the railing. Through the morning mist, he could just barely make it out.

“The continent of Nobles. It’s been a while since I’ve been there,” Jason thought aloud.

“Yo!” Came a familiar voice.

Jason turned to see his friend Keather Danton. Keather wore the standard uniform brown t-shirt and olive drab slacks of a Spector Commander, along with a dark green trench-coat and red scarf that was all his own. His short brown hair was spiked up, but a thin ponytail stuck out in the back. Two pistols were strapped to his hips.

Jason looked at his own attire with a hint of feeling out-of-place; a simple grey t-shirt, black jeans and his trademark chain around his neck, with a small key at its end. He had given up his white collar shirt that he usually wore for a more sensible grey traveling cloak. He kept his fingerless grip gloves, however, and always had one of them fastened securely around the hilt of his long halberd Fusion, a weapon of his own design.

“What’s going on, Keather?” Jason asked, brushing his long shaggy brown hair out of his eyes.

“Just making sure you remember your mission. This isn’t sight-seeing,” Keather explained, a tad stricter than Jason had been expecting.

“Yeah yeah. Keeping the Nobles brass out of my hair is your mission. You do that and I’ll do my job just fine,” Jason snapped back.

“You should get over your problem with authority. You’ve chosen a pretty odd occupation,” Keather retorted.

“Not to sound too teen angst, but other people tend to hold me back. This is the third attempt to capture him and I’ve failed up until now by following the rules,” Jason barked. “If I find him, I will kill him this time.”

“You have to take out the core so our soldiers can get in,” Keather explained. “We need you to do this.”

“Then why are you coming along?” Jason asked, his anger suddenly gone. Indeed his tone had been curious rather than vindictive.

“Well, I’m not completely useless in a fight,” Keather chuckled.

“Really,” Jason nodded seriously.

“The fact is I’ve been assigned to babysit you. I don’t like it anymore than you do I’m sure, but the Nobles military seems to think I hold some magical power to control you. One might as well try to control a hurricane,” Keather sighed.

Jason rubbed the scar on his left cheek. The five interlocking diamonds burned slightly at the touch. He turned back to the continent, which was now much closer than when the conversation had started.

“Colonel Danton, you’re needed at the bridge!” Came a shy female voice over the loudspeaker.

“Damn, I’m needed. Look, I’ll meet up with you after we’ve docked okay,” Keather said, almost pleadingly.

Jason scoffed and waved him off. “Yeah, yeah. Don’t do me any favors.”

---

The port of Tel Fey was a truly beautiful town. However Jason would not get the opportunity to see it. The port they had landed at was a few miles away from the utopian town; a makeshift fort run by the Nobles Military.

Jason hopped from the deck of the ship onto a stack of boxes and then down to the docks proper. This nearly gave the dock workers a heart attack, but the soldiers who were familiar with Jason’s personality merely shrugged it off.

Keather patted Jason on the back and gave him a knowing glance. He then nodded in the direction of the fort.

“Impressive base you’ve got here. Simultaneous naval and ground deployment. I thought the Nobles military liked to keep their civilians prying eyes away from their forces,” Jason inquired.

“Well ordinarily. But when you’re at war, it does help to know there is a military base just down the road,” Keather saluted a passing soldier. “It gives the people hope.”

“Tongue like that you could be a politician,” Jason grinned. Keather shot him a nasty look, but Jason waved his hand lazily. “Come on, it’s a compliment. So, Mt. Gael. What do we know about it?” Jason asked.

“Popular training ground of the Paladins many eons ago. A facility has recently been built there which apparently has no origin, so we can only assume it is run by Chaosin,” Keather began.

Chaosin, the multi-national front for some of the most dangerous, and skilled, criminals of the planet was just another name for the man that Jason was looking for.

“And Remus will likely be there,” Keather added, almost as an after-thought.

“After all this time, I’d be pretty damned disappointed if he didn’t make an appearance,” Jason chuckled.

Keather stopped and turned to Jason.

“Remember. We have to knock out the core. Our soldiers can advance from there. If Remus is an obstacle to the core… then you can indulge yourself,” Keather shrugged.

“Whatever. Let’s get a move-on already, I’m getting rather tired of waiting for something to happen,” Jason groaned.

Keather nodded, and the two left the fort.

---

The facility on Mt. Gael was a large dark building. That was all. There was nothing that stood out about it. No weapons, no waiting army, nothing. A tall, dark, and by the looks of it empty, building.

“Well, this is rather a bust wouldn’t you say?” Jason asked. “Do I get paid now or do I get to sit through a two hour debriefing on how we found nothing?”

“There has to be something here. There is an energy core that prevents military vehicles from getting anywhere near here,” Keather explained.

“Yes, but it was all just a beacon,” came a dark voice from behind an ancient stone pillar.

A cloaked man walked in front of the two, carrying a large halberd that was almost identical to Jason’s, except it emanated a strange dark aura, and had the name Fission engraved into the blade.

Jason tore a red cloth off the end of Fusion and wrapped it around his head. He lifted the weapon and gave only a perfunctory requesting glance of approval to Keather. Keather’s head nodded a fraction of an inch and Jason was rushing at Remus.

The two lances met with a terrible crash. Remus and Jason moved in a blur, which somehow Keather could interpret despite requiring glasses. He fired at Remus with each pistol and grew increasingly frustrated as Remus blocked not only Jason’s lance attacks, but send Keather’s bullets careening off in random directions, occasionally back at Keather himself.

“It’s been so long, have you missed me?” Remus laughed.

“Dying,” Jason cursed. “You’re a sneaky bastard.”

Remus thrust his lance into the ground and caught Jason’s lance with his bare hands. Jason seemed stunned for a moment, but then twisted the blade, carving massive cuts in Remus’s palms. Jason withdrew his lance and stepped back.

“Are you mad?” Jason demanded. “If you think you no longer need your hands, please allow me to cut them off for you.”

Remus raised his bleeding hands over a circle of runes written in the earth.

“The final payment, to create some real fun for you!” Remus laughed.

Jason rushed back at Remus, but it was too late. The blood sacrifice had been accepted thirstily by the runes which began to grow bright red. A massive orb of darkness overtook Jason and in a flash of light, the world disappeared.

Manibrandr System
Level 19: Soul Blazer

Gems 6,953

PostManibrandr System Posted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:52 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting writeup! This will be fun to read! Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> TerraEarth Fanworks All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: