TerraEarth Forums

Wild mew appears!!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> General Gaming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dark_Gaia
Level 12: Soul Knight

Resident

Gems 6,560

PostDark_Gaia Posted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:42 am   Post subject: Wild mew appears!! Reply with quote

omg just last night playing a speedrun through red/blue on gameboy with my mate, we discovered you can actually make mew appear wild on level 7. we saw how do to do it off the net, and after all these years of playing it i had no idea! does anybody else know about this? its not a cheat or hack or gameshark thing or anything. its actually in the game. im amazed! if i knew that back in school i woulda been the king of pokemon! dammit! although i pretty much was anyway with my hacks team of lvl 100 mewtwos >< so noob back then
Mantaray
Level 14: Chariot

Resident

Gems 6,635

PostMantaray Posted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:21 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

my brother found that out on pokemon yellow Very Happy it's pretty cool that they did that

there's also a glitch that you can do (that i've heard from someone) that on either sapphire or blue version you can get some pokemon called virus, which has unlimited health and whatnot xD
EverPhoenix
Level 19: Soul Blazer

Resident

Gems 8,804

PostEverPhoenix Posted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:27 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

this is old news. i also can tell you partly why it works. sorta. but if id known what i know now, i would have been uber king of everything pokemon. lol.

and you can glitch any pokemon in the game, theoretically. Anything from the same exp group as mew (the 1059xxx exp at lvl100) can be quickly bumped to lvl100 too.

there are 3 locations you can do it. the first is in cerulean city, 2nd is vermilion, and third is lavender.

a basic idea of how it works. its just hex state abuse. When you do the procedure (get seen by a trainer off-screen) and press start to fly, it still think you are in a pokemon battle. In doing so, it stores your route location to somewhere in memory. It disables the use of the start button, so you cant do anything from that. To fix this, you need another trainer battle. So once one of those has been done, the interesting part begins.

The game still has your original location stored in memory, as it still remembers that pokemon battle. Also, due to some parts in memory not being overwritten (like the data for wild pokemon and their level), they are still there. Lucky for us, manipulating this is easy. The wild pokemon id is the same as the Special stat of the pokemon you last battled. For mew, you need 15 hex (23 dec), and 2 pokemon with that are the 'slowpoke kid' north of nugget bridge, and the first trainer in Misty's gym. To get anything you want, get a pokemon with the relevant stat, and go fight a ditto. They copy all stats but hp.

as for the level, it defaulted at 7. heres why. the level comes from the attack modifier slot. which ranges from 1 to 13, due to the lack of negative numbers in the pokemon cartridge's programming. 7 is neutral, 1 is -6, and 13 is +6. so... growl at the pokemon 6 times. When you get back to the route you were at originally, it notices that there is a value in the pokemon battle location (depending on your last battle), and that you had your start menu up last time you were there. So, your start menu pops up. When you cancel it, a battle starts up with the pokemon you manipulated (or lucked out with)

if you did the attack modifier thing, it might be level 1. for the exp group 1059xxx (i forget the exact number, but its the one with mew, and most of the 3-form pokemon, including all starters), the exp at level 1 is negative. This is due to either poor structure of the formula, or them assuming there was no way to get lvl1 pokemon in the game. either way, due to the insigned nature of hex, a small negative number ends up as a FUCKING LARGE positive number. thats right, you have a ridiculous amount of exp. so, go into a battle, and it will truncate that exp at level 100. Your stats will end up accordingly, due to the way pokemon levelling works (it sets your stats, not increments them). EVs can be manipulated with the box trick, if you are so inclined.

ok, that proves exactly how much of a pokemon nerd i am.

also, how fast was this speedrun? with glitching and save states, you should be able to manage easily under 2 hours. i did one without glitching and with minimal save state abuse (not dodging random encounters and the like), 3:01.

Resident

Gems 6,560

PostDark_Gaia Posted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:54 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

we dont use save states or glitching we play it through normally. plus time was added messin around tryin to get mew. and we havent finished yet so i dunno how long haha. its not old news to me! its awesome
inferiare
TerraEarth Historian

Level 20: Guardian of Pandora

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:35 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I have Mew through the means of a dupe trick on my Blue cart. Very Happy Of course, my Blue cart is messed up to all hell because I had Missingno caught for fun. Very Happy It doesn't mess anything up too bad, just my Hall of Fame, really. Laughing

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Windows Live Messenger
Dark_Gaia

Resident

Gems 6,560

PostDark_Gaia Posted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:41 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

haha i remember that pokemon. n u caught it to duplicate items! that was cool. yeah i had a mew back in the day but that was from a pokemon event at sydney.
EverPhoenix

Resident

Gems 8,804

PostEverPhoenix Posted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 4:38 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

missingno cheat was another fun way to get absurdly high level pokemon, but that depended on your name. oh and free items were handy too.

sad thing is, i could probably rewrite a good portion of pokemon blue from scratch, glitches and all Eek!
The Koholint Knight

Gems 7,572

Posttay120n64 Posted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 5:47 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Incidentally, I have a legitimate Mew on my Silver Version.

The tricks in Blue always fascinated me. I remember reading up on Missingno a few years back. There's some hardcore stuff regarding that.

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Windows Live Messenger
EverPhoenix

Resident

Gems 8,804

PostEverPhoenix Posted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:11 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

just wait til you see the celebi egg trick in silver. that makes the mew trick look like pre-school. ive never tried it, and it looks quite painful to do.
manifested spam

Level 17: Jealous Spirit

Resident

Gems 7,352

Postchicken Posted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:18 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

i remember some "cheat" or "glitch" or whatever in the red/blue version that gave me sleepless nights. it was so mysterious and thrilling at that time. some of you may remember:

you had to be on that island (i dont remember any names) and on the right side, you had to mount your swimming pokemon and ride up and down. so left of you was the island while you are already in the water.
if you swim all the way up and down for long enough, a land pokemon will appear (anything with hypno stuff. i think it had a yoyo or something). i dunno anymore if you had to catch it or beat it but after you did the right thing, you had to fly somewhere else and suddenly you were warped on a "new" island. basically, it was random chipset that mostly blocked your way and you just had to reset the game.

anway, there was always this cave. i couldnt ever reach it because some stone blocked my way. so there was this rumor that SOMEONE from school actually made it inside the cave. form that point on, the stories were UBER AMAZING: items, pokemon and whatsoever, someone even talked about an ALTERNATIVE ENDING!

you guess right, none of this may actually be true but a kids wet dream he told his friends at school. but yea. this was what gave me the goosebumps when i was 10.

winner of the following awards:

Biggest Spammer
Most Annoying Poster
the Pie Award Very Happy
Funniest Poster

posting more than one exclamation mark is a sign for mental disturbtion...

yay for jase Very Happy
EverPhoenix

Resident

Gems 8,804

PostEverPhoenix Posted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:29 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

chicken wrote:
i remember some "cheat" or "glitch" or whatever in the red/blue version that gave me sleepless nights. it was so mysterious and thrilling at that time. some of you may remember:

you had to be on that island (i dont remember any names) and on the right side, you had to mount your swimming pokemon and ride up and down. so left of you was the island while you are already in the water.
if you swim all the way up and down for long enough, a land pokemon will appear (anything with hypno stuff. i think it had a yoyo or something).

Cinnabar Island. Missingno Glitch. the pokemon and their levels depend on what you named yourself. levels are generally over 100.

chicken wrote:
i dunno anymore if you had to catch it or beat it but after you did the right thing, you had to fly somewhere else and suddenly you were warped on a "new" island. basically, it was random chipset that mostly blocked your way and you just had to reset the game.

Glitch City. but it has nothing to do with cinnabar island. its messing with the safari zone. go inside, save, and walk out. it starts the PA counter, and when you are finished, you get warped back there. leave the building and youre in glitch city, hooray. its possible to walk through walls using this cheat, but that involves a few more steps.

chicken wrote:
anway, there was always this cave. i couldnt ever reach it because some stone blocked my way. so there was this rumor that SOMEONE from school actually made it inside the cave. form that point on, the stories were UBER AMAZING: items, pokemon and whatsoever, someone even talked about an ALTERNATIVE ENDING!

Cerulean Cave, aka the Unknown Dungeon (or so it was called by people when i was in primary school). not glitched at all, you just needed to beat the elite 4. and it was a guy blocking it, not a boulder. the pokemon inside there were over lvl50, and quite powerful. At the end was mewtwo, but not quite an alternate ending.

chicken wrote:
you guess right, none of this may actually be true but a kids wet dream he told his friends at school. but yea. this was what gave me the goosebumps when i was 10.

its all legit. except the alternate ending. its just an extra after finishing the game.
fuck yeah!

Resident

Gems 10,444

Postpsychokind Posted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:36 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

THERE IS NO MEW IN RED/BLUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Biting

I never admit it! never!!

Resident

Gems 6,560

PostDark_Gaia Posted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 4:22 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

haha physcokind watch the video on youtube. 2 days ago i shared the same opinion
psychokind
fuck yeah!

Resident

Gems 10,444

Postpsychokind Posted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:24 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Dark_Gaia wrote:
haha physcokind watch the video on youtube. 2 days ago i shared the same opinion

link pls^^

the only option I knew to get Mew was at the pokemon conventions/tournaments in germany. you could upload it via link-cable.

Resident

Gems 8,804

PostEverPhoenix Posted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:35 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

psychokind wrote:

link pls^^

NO DONT DO IT TAY!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> General Gaming All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: