TerraEarth Forums

Jason Tandro's Guitar Hero Skills

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jason Tandro
The Undying TE Fanatic

Level 20: Guardian of Pandora

Gems 8,090
Location: Tiptoeing the line between confidence and arrogance.

PostJason Tandro Posted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 5:56 am   Post subject: Jason Tandro's Guitar Hero Skills Reply with quote

Yeah I recently posted a couple of videos on Youtube which demonstrate my Guitar Hero prowess.

Misirlou

Psychobilly Freakout

Also, you can watch me bomb at Jordan. I'll post the link when it's up.

Rest in peace, old avatar.
Blade
Level 18: Earth Spirit

Resident

Gems 8,496

PostBlade Posted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:35 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice TV!
SoulBlazerFan
Crisis Historian

Resident

Gems 10,267

PostSoulBlazerFan Posted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:02 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Blade wrote:
Nice TV!

Laughing I liked the response. I can't play GH2 anymore. I've been heading back to GH 3 here and there. I 5-starred every song on hard, except the Muse song. I can't figure out how I can Five star both One and Raining Blood but that damn song is just busting my balls.
"...at first it's fine and you think you have a dark side – it's exciting – and then you realise the dark side wins every time if you decide to indulge in it. It's also a completely different way of living when you know that...a different species of person." - Lana Del Rey
This User Has Completed

SBiF: Uppercutting cats since '09
Blade

Resident

Gems 8,496

PostBlade Posted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:13 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I never really played GH, I play the real deal, and when I tried GH, I phailed so hard because I tried to "add" some stuff...didn't work, obviously.

SoulBlazerFan
Crisis Historian

Resident

Gems 10,267

PostSoulBlazerFan Posted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:18 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Blade wrote:
Well, I never really played GH, I play the real deal, and when I tried GH, I phailed so hard because I tried to "add" some stuff...didn't work, obviously.

I wish they'd add some sort of freestyle over the actual tracks. They do that for the drums in Rock Band 2- in the trainer you can play over any song in your harddrive- but I guess they frown upon the artists lawsuits. They got pissed because RB1 introduced "Big rock ends" where you can play anything, but it added new music to original tracks. So now that only happens on songs that actually have one, like The Whos' "Baba O'Rielly"

The rest of us GHers have to be happy with the GHMix, which makes music in Midi-style. There are some pretty cool creations in there, including a rendition of the three first levels of Super Mario Bros, flagpole and point counter included. (If I ever figure out how this camera works, I'll post a video someday).
"...at first it's fine and you think you have a dark side – it's exciting – and then you realise the dark side wins every time if you decide to indulge in it. It's also a completely different way of living when you know that...a different species of person." - Lana Del Rey
This User Has Completed

Jason Tandro
The Undying TE Fanatic

Level 20: Guardian of Pandora

Gems 8,090
Location: Tiptoeing the line between confidence and arrogance.

PostJason Tandro Posted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:08 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I play real guitar too and a am awesome at real drums. Sadly I don't own my own drum set. Sad

I wish they would make a more realisitic simulator for guitars that actually taught you.

Rest in peace, old avatar.
SoulBlazerFan
Crisis Historian

Resident

Gems 10,267

PostSoulBlazerFan Posted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:25 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Jason Tandro wrote:
I play real guitar too and a am awesome at real drums. Sadly I don't own my own drum set. Sad

I wish they would make a more realisitic simulator for guitars that actually taught you.

They have. Target sold one- but it's for kids. It had like, eighty buttons or so, and actually taught kids to play guitar using a set-up similar to Guitar Hero. Just... with more buttons.
This User Has Completed

Yet One More Idiot
Level 15: Bloody Chariot

Resident

Gems 8,720

PostYet One More Idiot Posted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:03 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you make up your own songs on Guitar Hero or something similar? I would love to hear you try to play some piece of music from Terranigma/IoG/Soulblazer on your GH guitar. *^^*
Dark_Gaia
Level 12: Soul Knight

Resident

Gems 6,560

PostDark_Gaia Posted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:06 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

i heard theres a site or something that makes any song u want into a guitar hero song. or a program. somethin like that. that would b awesome
Yet One More Idiot
Level 15: Bloody Chariot

Resident

Gems 8,720

PostYet One More Idiot Posted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:29 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Dark_Gaia wrote:
i heard theres a site or something that makes any song u want into a guitar hero song. or a program. somethin like that. that would b awesome

That would indeed be awesome. If there was a "Guitar Hero - Soulblazer Trilogy Edition", I would consider buying it.

Cool Guy

Which track do you think would have to be the nightmarish "Final boss" piece? Terranigma's Dark Gaia music maybes?
Level 12: Soul Knight

Resident

Gems 6,560

PostDark_Gaia Posted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:32 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

doesnt get much cooler/eviler than that music =D
SoulBlazerFan
Crisis Historian

Resident

Gems 10,267

PostSoulBlazerFan Posted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:01 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, Rock Band has something similar, but it's only for real musicians who have recording contracts.

There are programs out there for this. I've heard of Garage Hero, it's a tool used to create songs using existing music.

Also, there was a Guitar Hero-esque game I came across last year, to which I cannot remember the name, that was entirely based on your keyboard. The First five F buttons were the frets, and the space bar the strum bar. Too lazy to look it up, though. Razz
This User Has Completed

tay120n64
The Koholint Knight

Level 19: Soul Blazer

Gems 7,572

Posttay120n64 Posted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:44 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Then of course there's all those old Konami music games that GH and RB totally ripped off.

There's one for drums, scratch boards, guitars, keyboards, karaoke, and of course DDR.

Coming next fall: Dance Hero!

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Windows Live Messenger
EverPhoenix
Level 19: Soul Blazer

Resident

Gems 8,804

PostEverPhoenix Posted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:10 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

SoulBlazerFan wrote:
Well, Rock Band has something similar, but it's only for real musicians who have recording contracts.

There are programs out there for this. I've heard of Garage Hero, it's a tool used to create songs using existing music.

Also, there was a Guitar Hero-esque game I came across last year, to which I cannot remember the name, that was entirely based on your keyboard. The First five F buttons were the frets, and the space bar the strum bar. Too lazy to look it up, though. Razz

i think that one was Frets on Fire. i never played it, but ive seen it played. people do look ridiculous holding their keyboards like a guitar...

and any one of those programs on computer would have a way to import your own music and write your own sheets for it. but its a painful process
Crisis Historian

Resident

Gems 10,267

PostSoulBlazerFan Posted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:28 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

EverPhoenix wrote:
SoulBlazerFan wrote:

i think that one was Frets on Fire. i never played it, but ive seen it played. people do look ridiculous holding their keyboards like a guitar...

and any one of those programs on computer would have a way to import your own music and write your own sheets for it. but its a painful process

Frets on Fire is the game! And yes, my friend programmed a few songs, using existing sheets made by someone else- it still took him over 4 hours to do a single song, and that was for guitar. Imagine having to plan our four seperate tracks for guitar, bass, drums and vocals?
This User Has Completed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Showcasing All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: