TerraEarth Forums

Character Sheets - A different kind
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Fan Made Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
inferiare
TerraEarth Historian

Level 20: Guardian of Pandora

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:24 am   Post subject: Character Sheets - A different kind Reply with quote

All right, so I finally got a good idea for a visual novel (if you have no idea what in God's green earth I'm talking about, have a link), however I've hit a road bump: mainly because this is dependent on how you all want your characters to look! Yes, I've got TE:A as a good resource, but it doesn't help completely. What I need from you is pretty simple: I need what you guys look like in the world of TerraEarth! The main reason for this is because I'll be drawing out characters for this. So what I need from you is the following, and I'll use myself as an example. You can be more/less detailed than this, and I'll use what I can and make good decisions, I promise. I'll go over the fields individually

Code:

Name (TE Canon name): Raini 'Rainichan' Takai
Height: 5'6"
Hair colour: Dark blue.
Hair length: Shoulder length, but usually worn up in twin buns.
Eye colour: Medium grey.
Clothes (optional): Wears Adventurer clothes mainly; only switches to Admin clothes if there's an incident and has no use for going incognito.
Accessories: Wears glasses. Weapon is a Squeaky Mallet.
Markings: N/A
Additional Info: N/A

Name: This is the TE Canon name. While my username is 'rainichan', I generally go by 'Raini' in the games where my username is my nickname. Freedan goes by just that in the canon, as opposed to his username (which just implies his job class as a dark knight in the canon Razz) So if you have a different name in the "world" of TerraEarth, put that.

Status: This is the most important part and incredibly integral to my idea. Even if you don't fill out the rest of the form, I need this part over anything else. Some of the characters in canon were born in TerraEarth and are what my character would be: a Natural Resident. Those like Jason are Artificial Residents, coming from a different place/planet/dimension/whatever that was not originally TerraEarth. I need this to see the ratio of Natural Residents to Artificial Residents as it is important. Yes, this is directly related to your character history. If you have not completed a Character Sheet, you may do so here. For examples of those already written, you can find them here. It isn't necessary, but it is highly recommended.

Height: Self explanatory. It's mainly a tool for myself to do height comparisons later on. If I'm 5'6" and Freedan is, say, 6'2", there's going to be a big difference in what they look like on screen.

Hair colour: Self explanatory. It can be whatever the hell you want it to be. Obviously my hair is not really dark blue, but as a made up character, it can be.

Hair length: Self explanatory. If your hair is worn differently, please note what sort of style. If it's just "average for a guy" then I'll assume what it looks like and the average length.

Eye colour: So many things are self explanatory! If there is something REALLY strange-awesome going on with your eyes, like white pupils, blood red irises, and black where it should be white around the colour, please note that.

Clothes: An optional field. It isn't needed and I can make stuff up, but if you want to get super detailed in what your clothes look like, you can. I have my own drawn character sheets, so I know what I look like and therefore don't need to write out my clothes. But if you want "A jacket that looks like a long-tailed coat, jeans, aviator goggles, and a beater", put that down. It can be more detailed than that as well.

Accessories: Earrings, piercings, glasses, rings, stuff like that. Weapons are included in this category.

Markings: Does your character have a scar (I'm looking at you, Jason), weird visible birthmark, or visible tattoos? That goes under here.

Additional Info: If your character is an elf, put that here so I'll know that "Hey, I'll have to draw elf ears as opposed to normal, human ears! DO IT, RAINI! Biting " Very Happy If I missed anything? That goes here too. I just need a basic appearance, really.

The form:
Code:

Name (TE Canon Name):
Height:
Hair colour:
Hair length:
Eye colour:
Clothes (optional):
Accessories:
Markings:
Additional Info:

You can copypasta the form into the thread for easier access for me. Very Happy
-----------

For the record, if I don't get a sheet filled out for this, I will make things up for characters and there will not be any say so from the person I have made an appearance for (sorry Sad) since going back and scrapping things to re-code and re-draw things that were completed are not my idea of fun. Very Happy So, it is very recommended that you fill these out.

Also, character sheets from the RP Punch Up thread will be highly useful to me, so please link me to yours if you have one. If not, you can fill out the bare bones of the sheet (character info and bio) and put that into the same comment as my character sheet above. That mainly helps me to know how your character acts.

If you're unsure on how to link me to an individual post: see that icon next to the "Posted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:59 am Post subject:" at the top of posts made? The one that looks like a piece of paper with the upper right side folded over? Click that and it gives you the post link.

...and lastly, if you want to be fancy-schmancy like I was and post your info in a code box, you use [ code][/code] to do so (take the space out of the first "[ code]" though!). Smile

GO GO GO! Very Happy

Questions/Comments/Concerns/Everything Else can be answered here as well, of course!

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Windows Live Messenger
chicken
manifested spam

Level 17: Jealous Spirit

Resident

Gems 7,352

Postchicken Posted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:57 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

oh my, oh my Neutral so much DO WANT and so little time =/

duh, btw, where are our punch-up character sheets? i guess we did those for either demon claw tournament or virus core (which never really started, as far as i know). link, anyone? (and no, please, no picture of link -.-)

i do not think i'd have the time to fill out valeries char sheet =/ so the RP-sheet has to do the trick for me, although i cant really find it (as mentioned above)

winner of the following awards:

Biggest Spammer
Most Annoying Poster
the Pie Award Very Happy
Funniest Poster

posting more than one exclamation mark is a sign for mental disturbtion...

yay for jase Very Happy
inferiare
TerraEarth Historian

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:44 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

chicken wrote:
oh my, oh my Neutral so much DO WANT and so little time =/

duh, btw, where are our punch-up character sheets? i guess we did those for either demon claw tournament or virus core (which never really started, as far as i know). link, anyone? (and no, please, no picture of link -.-)

i do not think i'd have the time to fill out valeries char sheet =/ so the RP-sheet has to do the trick for me, although i cant really find it (as mentioned above)

Val's character sheet was what I was talking about, with the attacks and abilities part eliminated.

Code:

Name
Sex
Race
Height (In cm)
Weight (In kg)
Notable Physical Traits
Occupation
Character Traits
Bio

Smile

And like I said, it doesn't need to be TOO detailed, and I still have to figure out a timeline for what I'm going for in this, so you still have some time to fill this out. I know what it feels like to have no time whatsoever, trust me. Very Happy

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Windows Live Messenger
EverPhoenix
Level 19: Soul Blazer

Resident

Gems 8,804

PostEverPhoenix Posted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:22 am   Post subject: Re: Character Sheets - A different kind Reply with quote

i can illustrate this with my rudimentary drawing skills, if it would be of help. with annotations, of course

Code:

Name (TE Canon Name):   EverPhoenix (Real name unknown)

Height:   6'1"

Hair colour: Dark Brown, streaked with both lighter brown and black.

Hair length: almost shoulder length, straight. sometimes worn in a rough ponytail.

Eye colour: Naturally blue, but may flash with a greenish hue if especially pissed off.

Clothes (optional): plain grey-brown cloth shirt, with no outstanding markings. long dark grey-black loose-fitting pants.

Accessories:  dark green gemstone on a string around the neck. gemstone is thoroughly cracked, and it is a wonder it hasnt fallen apart yet. for weapons, one-handed scythes with many blades are used. the ends of the scythe are tipped with chains which extend further down. [i]here's where illustrations may be handy.[/i] they are wielded with a combination of physical and arcane arts.

Markings:  minor scars on face, crown-like structure of unknown composition on his head, extends slightly under the eyes, and down to the chin. the crown is black in colour, and accompanied by traces of vivid red. [i]more illustrations are due here, i think.[/i]

Additional Info: despite his obviously demonic appearance, he is more or less kind-natured, albeit rather cynical. was originally a human, so other than the mentioned points, still remains mostly so. there is a backstory, which has a chunk of its intro already on TE. the rest will be posted when i have enough patience and motivation to write more. or rewrite it all. either way

so, one question i can add: is this info good enough, or do you want some support drawings? coz id be happy to add support pics (hell itd be fun)
TerraEarth Historian

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:32 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

If you wanna illustrate stuff, be my guest. Very Happy What you have there is fine, but I can go for you drawing stuff to help me along.

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
psychokind
fuck yeah!

Resident

Gems 10,444

Postpsychokind Posted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:35 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember making a char sheet, but I think it was for the TerraEarth game...

Code:
Name (TE Canon Name): Psychokind
Height: 1.82 m
Hair colour: dark blonde
Hair length: side parting, a tiny bit over the eyes, short in the neck.
Eye colour: blue
Clothes (optional): expensive brand-name clothing, jeans, t-shirt, always slimline.
Accessories: watch, glasses, leather band on the right wrist.
Markings: dunno, thin & trained? :D
Additional Info: /

Resident

Gems 8,804

PostEverPhoenix Posted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:55 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

psychokind wrote:

Code:
Clothes (optional): expensive brand-name clothing, jeans, t-shirt, always slimline.

self portrait? lol

Resident

Gems 10,167

PostFreedan Posted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:46 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Code:
Name (TE Canon Name):  Freedan Illgaia
Height:  190 cm (Val's character sheet for me lists 205, but that's something like 6'8".  A little retconning, if I may... 190 = 6'3".)
Hair colour:  Blond
Hair length:  A few inches past the shoulders. 
Eye colour:  Green
Clothes (optional):  Silver armour over blue clothes.  Navy blue cape (darker than clothes).
Accessories:  Two-handed greatsword (held with one hand - right). 
Markings:  A scar on left forearm from an improperly healed broken bone (not visible because of long sleeves).  *I just threw this one in for fun.
Additional Info:  If possible, include an insignia on the armour's breastplate (you're free to design it yourself);  my character is supposed to be from a noble family, so that's their crest.  Whether you include flatter shoulder plates (like in Jason's rendition in the gallery), or longer, wing-like ones (like in a couple of your old pencil sketches, if you remember those) is up to you.  Also, see Jason's gallery picture for an idea for the hair... those spikes in the front in particular.

inferiare
TerraEarth Historian

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:36 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Will do, dark knight. Very Happy I'll see if I can figure out a good sketch for the crest on the breastplate and run it by you.

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
tay120n64
The Koholint Knight

Gems 7,572

Posttay120n64 Posted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:56 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Code:

Name (TE Canon Name): Tayat "Tay" N. Si-for (True Name: Magellean)
Height: 5'10"
Hair colour: Bright Blonde
Hair length: 1" above shoulder
Eye colour: Blue
Clothes (optional): Blue-themed tunic, occasionally accompanied by a dark silk cloak.
Accessories: Double-edged sword, Octament, worn on left waist.
Markings: none
Additional Info: Though he is not from TerraEarth, he has little memory of his previous home or his previous life. Despite this, his eyes display a confidence reminiscent of a man who understands himself completely. As a warrior who believes in justice, Tay has chosen the life of a Ronin, dedicating his time on TerraEarth to helping those in need, as his memories slowly resurface.

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Windows Live Messenger
psychokind
fuck yeah!

Resident

Gems 10,444

Postpsychokind Posted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:23 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

EverPhoenix wrote:
psychokind wrote:

Code:

self portrait? lol

yes, why? isn't this supposed to be one? Very Happy if not, tell me raini^^

at least it would be awesome to have a manga-version of myself Smile

Resident

Gems 8,804

PostEverPhoenix Posted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:57 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

my impression was it was a character who would represent your personality on TE. if that is to be a self-portrait, why not. i mean, the character i gave details for is from something of my own creation, with that character being originally based on myself.
The Undying TE Fanatic

Gems 8,090
Location: Tiptoeing the line between confidence and arrogance.

PostJason Tandro Posted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:47 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Code:

Name (TE Canon Name): Jason Matthew Tandro (my middle name is VERY rarely mentioned.  Was my father's first name.)

Status: Artificial Resident (Teleported to TerraEarth by Remus, his dark side counter-part, from the planet Rysun.)

Height: 5'10"

Hair colour: Brown

Hair length: Short in the back, shaggy and long in the front.  Jason wears a red and black hair band to keep it out of his eyes during combat.

Eye colour: Green

Clothes (optional): Olive drab cargo pants, black military boots and a grey t-shirt.  He wears an open white-collar shirt when he's off-duty, when he's traveling he wears a forest green traveling cloak with hood.  When he fights, he removes this cloak, and sometimes the white shirt.

Accessories: Black chain around the neck with a small black key.  Fingerless black grip gloves.  Carries a cell phone, which had to be modified by KaleFlame to work on TerraEarth (this happens in TE:B).  He carries his lance, Fusion, everywhere.  It is a long brown pole with a scimitar-style saber at the end.  The name is engraved in the hilt.  He also carries a small army knife strapped into his right boot.

Markings:  Scar of the Soul Schism: 5 Interlocking Diamonds on his left cheek.

Additional Info: My self-portrait in the gallery is a perfect representation of Jason Tandro.

Did you want the link to my RP Character Sheet?

BTW: Awesome! Biting I'm so excited about this! Very Happy

Rest in peace, old avatar.
inferiare
TerraEarth Historian

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:17 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

psychokind wrote:
EverPhoenix wrote:
psychokind wrote:

Code:

self portrait? lol

yes, why? isn't this supposed to be one? Very Happy if not, tell me raini^^

at least it would be awesome to have a manga-version of myself Smile

Not quite the same that Jason had for TE:A, no. I'm drawing full character bodies with clothes and the like, though waist-up will probably be used for 90% of what I'm doing.

@EP: Sortofnotreally Very Happy;; You CAN use it as a representation, but it's mainly the representation for my VN. Everyone who gives me this info will be able to change things during the sketch stage, but once things are inked and ready for me to (try to) colour in, that's it.

@Jason: Sure! Send it along. Very Happy

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
inferiare
TerraEarth Historian

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:35 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Most likely going to start on these sheets soon; for those that have turned in a sheet, I'll give you a scan of a rough sketch before I go and mess with it to get it more detailed for myself to use.

I'm also working on the game script (along with TE History stuff, oh god) so hopefully I'll have a few previews to show if it won't give too much away. Very Happy

For those just joining us:

IF YOU DO NOT GIVE ME A CHARACTER SHEET, I WILL MAKE UP YOUR OWN LOOKS AND YOU WILL GET NO SAY IN IT, SO IF YOU WANT TO BE A PART OF YOUR CREATION PROCESS FOR A DRAWN MEDIUM, PLEASE SEE THE TOP POST FOR WHAT I NEED.

There we go.

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Fan Made Games All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: