TerraEarth Forums

HELP! Trying to get Phoenix,but King says he needs magicians
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RiverbendJ
Level 1: Huball

Gems 24

PostRiverbendJ Posted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:02 am   Post subject: HELP! Trying to get Phoenix,but King says he needs magicians Reply with quote

Hello everyone! I am happy that there is a forum for this trilogy, as I want to play the next two after this Smile

Here is my question. I am at the end of Soul Blazer and trying to get the Phoenix Magic from the King of the Mountain, and I do have the three items needed to get the Phoenix Magic. When I talk to the King, he says:

"Yes, you have collected the three symbols, but...I need two very old magicians to help call the phoenix. Find them and return to me."

I've looked everywhere (including Google Smile ) and cannot find where I need to release these two magicians. I've been looking for hours, and am getting frustrated. Can anyone please help? Thanks everyone!
EverPhoenix
Level 19: Soul Blazer

Resident

Gems 8,804

PostEverPhoenix Posted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:19 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont remember, but theres a great site with all sorts of useful stuff like this. www.gamefaqs.com

just type soulblazer into there, and youll get walkthroughs, secrets, and random maps of stuff.

Gems 24

PostRiverbendJ Posted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:51 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, thanks for the quick reply! I've already checked that one out.

But, thanks for the lead regardless. Does anyone else know the answer to this mystery? I am assuming it's something very simple that I missed early in the game, even though I try to be very thorough and complete when progressing. Any ideas?
SoulBlazerFan
Crisis Historian

Level 18: Earth Spirit

Resident

Gems 10,267

PostSoulBlazerFan Posted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:21 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Either you missed a monster lair in that town (There is one that is a pain, and if you hit pause on each screen of the monster dungeon areas, it will tell you if you missed a lair or not) Either that, or you missed one those from "Above." I'd probably think it's the former as opposed to the latter. Go through the dungeon again, check each screen with Pause to see if you missed a lair. That'd be your best bet.

One question; are there two women standing on either side of the King? If not, that's the definitely the answer; you missed a lair.
"...at first it's fine and you think you have a dark side – it's exciting – and then you realise the dark side wins every time if you decide to indulge in it. It's also a completely different way of living when you know that...a different species of person." - Lana Del Rey
This User Has Completed

SBiF: Uppercutting cats since '09
tay120n64
The Koholint Knight

Gems 7,572

Posttay120n64 Posted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:50 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, that's got to be what he's talking about.

Replay the Mountain of Souls level and look for Monster Lairs you missed, like SoulBlazerFan suggested.

Don't forget to check all the ice areas after you equip the Mushroom Shoes, look for invisible bridges at the end of the first area and the beginning of the second area, and take your time looking around the lake, Laynole. There are several Monster Lairs that are easy too miss, but I'm pretty sure the one with the two women you need is in the second half of the dungeon.

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Windows Live Messenger
psychokind
fuck yeah!

Resident

Gems 10,444

Postpsychokind Posted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:54 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

now that's soulblazerFAN for ya! Very Happy

Gems 24

PostRiverbendJ Posted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:20 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

GREAT! I did NOT know that I could pause the game and see the monster lairs still left, as I haven't used the in game pause. I will try it later tonight and let you guys know if it works, and then I'll immediate go after DeathToll! Smile
RiverbendJ

Gems 24

PostRiverbendJ Posted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:54 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Done! I found SEVEN lairs left on the last section of the Mountain of Souls (just before the boss' lair.) I am surprised I missed all of those, but at least this is the only back tracking I had to do! Thanks to everyone for the words of wisdom.

Also, WOW, what an ending! I am very impressed with the closing scenes, and even more with some of the quotes that are mentioned. I read several quotes that were so very true, especially regarding the way many people take life for granted and don't stop to realize that life is what you make of it (IMO.)

Damn, I might have to start playing Illusion of Gaia now...I played probably 20% of the game when it was first released, but I thought it was a sequel to Secret of Mana. D'oh!
tay120n64
The Koholint Knight

Gems 7,572

Posttay120n64 Posted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:50 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats!

I always like the ending to Soul Blazer. Illusion of Gaia is also an excellent game, though its connections to Soul Blazer are hidden. You may want to take a look at the Red Jewel Location Guide on the main site: http://terraearth.com/illusion_of_gaia/red_jewels.htm.

Collecting all these unlocks an extra dungeon with a truly challenging secret boss.

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Windows Live Messenger
Yet One More Idiot
Level 15: Bloody Chariot

Resident

Gems 8,720

PostYet One More Idiot Posted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:09 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

tay120n64 wrote:
Congrats!

I always like the ending to Soul Blazer. Illusion of Gaia is also an excellent game, though its connections to Soul Blazer are hidden. You may want to take a look at the Red Jewel Location Guide on the main site: http://terraearth.com/illusion_of_gaia/red_jewels.htm.

Collecting all these unlocks an extra dungeon with a truly challenging secret boss.

Yeah, the connections between the Soulblazer trilogy games are hidden and very subtle. IoG was the first one I played (back in about 94/95 or so) and I didn't even know about the other two until only 2008. I had no idea that there were other related games by those great people at Quintet. Very Happy

And yes, the bonus dungeon in IoG is really hard, much harder than anything in the bulk of the game itself. ^^; You've been warned. Smile
tay120n64
The Koholint Knight

Gems 7,572

Posttay120n64 Posted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:58 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Yomi's Evil Twin Intern wrote:
And yes, the bonus dungeon in IoG is really hard, much harder than anything in the bulk of the game itself. ^^; You've been warned. Smile

Unless you master the Psycho Slider, lol Laughing

SoulBlazerFan
Crisis Historian

Level 18: Earth Spirit

Resident

Gems 10,267

PostSoulBlazerFan Posted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:20 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

psychokind wrote:
now that's soulblazerFAN for ya! Very Happy

Nice pun. Very Happy

Glad I could help. Very Happy
"...at first it's fine and you think you have a dark side – it's exciting – and then you realise the dark side wins every time if you decide to indulge in it. It's also a completely different way of living when you know that...a different species of person." - Lana Del Rey
This User Has Completed

SBiF: Uppercutting cats since '09
psychokind
fuck yeah!

Resident

Gems 10,444

Postpsychokind Posted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:21 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

it's so good to know we got experts to all games here. I feel like TerraEarth is the biggest source for knowledge about the series, and I know of it. you know, the SOURCE of knowledge about a topic in the INTERNET! Very Happy I never thought something like that existed, and seen the internet as some giant whisper down the lane Wink
Level 15: Bloody Chariot

Resident

Gems 8,720

PostYet One More Idiot Posted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:01 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

tay120n64 wrote:
Yomi's Evil Twin Intern wrote:

Unless you master the Psycho Slider, lol Laughing

Even then, it can still be a bugger and a half to try and get the slides timed just right, and results in major hand cramps (and that's not counting the fun arthritis I now have developing in my writing hand...) [/sarcasm and crotchety oldguy-type rant] Smile
Freedan

Resident

Gems 10,167

PostFreedan Posted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:05 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I never had much trouble with the sliding. It isn't too difficult to avoid damage, it's just tough to actually hit him.

It's much more likely that you'll just pass through him, both of you unharmed. Tedium sets in before either of you is in danger of dying.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Soul Blazer All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: