TerraEarth Forums

The Marvelous Text Adventure: 1st Arc
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Contests and Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tay120n64
The Koholint Knight

Level 19: Soul Blazer

Gems 7,572

Posttay120n64 Posted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:00 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

The Marvelous Text Adventure!

1st Arc: The Legend Begins!

Chapter 3: The Pub

Rather parched, Text decides to make his way to one of his favorite local pubs for a drink before he leaves. After forcing his way through the busy streets, he finally finds what he is searching for: The Pub. Text enters The Pub and heads straight for the bar. The Bartender, an old friend of Text's, waves at him and pulls out some glasses.

"Text! How are ya'? I hear ya got made a knight! Ya ol' bastard, what's your wife gonna think now?"

Text looks up at Bartender with a raised brow.

"You buffoon, you know I'm not married! Pour me the usual if you would. Two rounds, I've got a long journey ahead of me."

As Text starts on his first drink, he overhears a table behind him. Twisting his head, he sees two of the Knights from earlier talking to a soldier from the castle.

"...and so I told him, 'No! We don't serve rotten fish!' and he gave me the sternest look..."

As the first Knight trailed off, the second Knight slapped him across the back of his head.

"You idiot! Stop saying random things! Honestly, I wonder how you even became a Knight!"

"Because I like swords?"

The second Knight slapped him again, to which the Soldier laughed heartily.

"You Knights are something else, I swear. Much more interesting than the life of a Soldier."

"You know what IS interesting though," the second Knight began, "Is how the King can just promote some random peasant to the rank of Knight!"

"Poor Knight Seven. He never stood a chance..."

Knight One lifted up his drink.

"To Knight Seven!"

Knight Two and Soldier A also lifted up their drinks.

"To Knight Seven!"

After the drinks, Knight Two looked up and noticed Text getting up from the bar, having just finished his second round.

"You!"

Text turned abruptly. Knight Two stood and walked over to him, with Knight One and Soldier A close behind.

"So you're the new... What was it? Wannabe Knight Text?"

Soldier A and Knight Two laughed. Knight One looked down at himself.

"That wasn't very clever either..."

Knight Two slapped Knight One again. Text looked over at the Knights, rather bewildered.

"So... You came to wish me luck then?"

The Knights stopped their bickering and looked directly at Text. The Pub fell silent. Knight Two stepped closer to Text.

"Do you really think you can handle the life of a Knight? It's nothing like the life of a Soldier or a Merchant. You have to rely entirely on your own strength and the strength of other fellow Knights. And I hate to say it, but you don't have any Knights on your side. Are you prepared to fight against all Nine of us? The strongest Knights in Kingdom?"

Text looked at Knight Two. He then glanced behind him at Knight One and Soldier A.

"But there's only two of you. Unless you count the Soldier. But then, he's not really a Knight, is he?"

Exclamation Knights One and Two are getting rather frustrated with Text's responses. Even Soldier A appears to be growing angry. Text probably shouldn't agitate them any more than he already has. But then again, he is a Knight now. And he is armed. But is his honor worth starting a barfight over? What should Text do?

A) Tell the Knights you're sorry about Soldier Seven, but you really must be going
B) Offer the Knights a round of your favorite drink
C) Ask the Bartender for help
D) Distract them and run away
E) Continue being sarcastic

If you can't tell, I'm really enjoying this, so let's keep it going! Very Happy Exclamation

Last edited by tay120n64 on Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Windows Live Messenger
Freedan

Resident

Gems 10,167

PostFreedan Posted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:48 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll say B. Alcohol makes everything better. Cool Guy

EverPhoenix

Resident

Gems 8,804

PostEverPhoenix Posted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:06 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

B. to quote the mountain king from warcraft 3, "lets get pissed!"
Level 12: Soul Knight

Resident

Gems 6,560

PostDark_Gaia Posted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:16 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

d! ruuuuuuuuun
psychokind
fuck yeah!

Resident

Gems 10,444

Postpsychokind Posted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:59 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

E) Very Happy it's good to be funny
Level 3: Cadet

Gems 43

PostKurtless Posted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:55 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh man, I love naps, I choose E!

My comics site! Check it out!
tay120n64
The Koholint Knight

Gems 7,572

Posttay120n64 Posted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:10 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Kurtless wrote:

That was the last one, lol.

Busy weekend, but don't worry, I haven't given it up yet! So long as work isn't busy tomorrow, I'll have Part 4 up in the morning by noon-ish (GMT-6). So for those who haven't voted on the latest one, there's still time!

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Windows Live Messenger
Blade
Level 18: Earth Spirit

Resident

Gems 8,496

PostBlade Posted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:02 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Kurtless

Gems 43

PostKurtless Posted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:26 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

tay120n64 wrote:
Kurtless wrote:

That was the last one, lol.

Busy weekend, but don't worry, I haven't given it up yet! So long as work isn't busy tomorrow, I'll have Part 4 up in the morning by noon-ish (GMT-6). So for those who haven't voted on the latest one, there's still time!

......as the genie in Aladdin says "Well I feel pretty sheepish".

My comics site! Check it out!
tay120n64
The Koholint Knight

Gems 7,572

Posttay120n64 Posted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:40 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

The Marvelous Text Adventure!

1st Arc: The Legend Begins!

Chapter 4: A Modest Proposal

"But there's only two of you. Unless you count the Soldier. But then, he's not really a Knight, is he?"

Text was getting some very malicious glares. Especially from the Soldier.

"Look, Mr. Temp-Knight," the Soldier stepped forward, prodding his finger into Text's chest, "If you wanna get technical, you're not really a Knight either. You're just a commoner. I've covered wars, you know. What have you done?"

Text looked the Soldier in the eye, then addressed the three of them.

"You know what? You're right. I have no experience on the battlefield." Soldier A looked rather pleased with himself, and glanced back at Knight Two with a See?-I-can-be-intimidating-too! sort of look. "Tell you what, why don't I offer the three of you a drink?"

Knight Two looked at Text rather confusedly. Knight One then pushed Knight Two out of the way. "A drink sounds wonderful! But it had better be strong! No commoner's drinks!"

Text smiled at this. "Actually, I was going to offer you the same thing I have been drinking. Bartender! One round for the four of us please!"

The four of them then sat down together at a nearby table and drank Text's favorite drink. Knight Two looked up at Text.

"This is no commoner's drink. This could very well rival what we drink at the palace. Am I to believe you drink this regularly?"

"Usually." Text replied, "It has always been my favorite mix. This will be my third round today. But I suppose that's good as I'm unsure when I'll be able to taste it again."

Knight One reached over and slapped Text on the back. "You know what? You're alright, now that I metcha'! What do you think Knight Two?"

Knight Two looked up from his drink, rather stern at first, but then with a smirk he said, "Any man who can drink three rounds of this and still be ready to take on the day deserves to be a Knight. I can't promise the other Seven Knights would agree, but at the very least, you can consider yourself two allies higher, Potential Knight Text." Knight Two then let out a hearty laugh, to which the other three joined. After the round was finished, Text stood up.

"I think its about time I got started. When are the two of you heading out?"

Knight One smirked and looked over at Knight Two. It was the second who replied, "We prefer to start out at night, so we'll be leaving as the sun sets. You're a strong man, Text, to stand up to us, and an even stronger man to apologize in such a straightforward manner. I look forward to seeing you on the journey ahead."

Text shook their hands and left the bar. It was getting late. Text then made his way to the outskirts of town, where Captain was waiting for him with a horse.

"Ah, Text! Allow me to introduce you to Agro, your new horse. He shall serve you well on your journey."

Text nodded his thanks and familiarized himself with Agro before mounting him. Exclamation (you just had dirty thoughts, didn't you?) Exclamation

"If I might suggest something, Text," Captain began, "To the south-east is the small town of Cornelia. It's a pleasant village and serves as a good starting-point for any aspiring Adventurer. Incidentally, you would be able to make it there before nightfall. Naturally, the choice is yours. Good luck in your travels, Pseudo-Knight Text!"

Exclamation As Text waves farewell to Captain, he wonders where he should go first. He has been to Cornelia before, so he could most certainly make it there in time to find lodging for the night. But would he really want to waste his first day as a Knight? Maybe he should get immediately to work. Then again, it might not hurt to visit home first, he won't be back for a while. What should Text do?

A) Head South-East for Cornelia
B) Head South to Text's house
C) Head East to the Cursed Woods
D) Head West to the Great Bay

Okay, so it took me forever to finish this, but here it is, finally! I'll try not to make this a habit, lol. Exclamation

Last edited by tay120n64 on Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:38 pm; edited 2 times in total
Dark_Gaia
Level 12: Soul Knight

Resident

Gems 6,560

PostDark_Gaia Posted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:40 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

i choose c! oh wait..
tay120n64
The Koholint Knight

Gems 7,572

Posttay120n64 Posted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:08 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Dark_Gaia wrote:
i choose c! oh wait..

I posted the finished chapter, so go ahead and vote! Obviously, the above vote will not be counted, so feel free to vote again, Dark Gaia!

Blade
Level 18: Earth Spirit

Resident

Gems 8,496

PostBlade Posted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:21 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

A! please! I sense something uber in Cornelia!

Jason Tandro
The Undying TE Fanatic

Level 20: Guardian of Pandora

Gems 8,090
Location: Tiptoeing the line between confidence and arrogance.

PostJason Tandro Posted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:06 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I choose B!

Rest in peace, old avatar.
Freedan

Resident

Gems 10,167

PostFreedan Posted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:35 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll say A. If video games have taught me anything, it's that there's always some useful starter stuff in the tutorial town.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Contests and Games All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: