TerraEarth Forums

Craig Ferguson- If You Don't Vote, You're a Moron.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Interests Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jason Tandro
The Undying TE Fanatic

Level 20: Guardian of Pandora

Gems 8,090
Location: Tiptoeing the line between confidence and arrogance.

PostJason Tandro Posted: Thu May 14, 2009 4:06 pm   Post subject: Craig Ferguson- If You Don't Vote, You're a Moron. Reply with quote

I love Craig Ferguson (the guy who hosts the Late, Late Show). Anyways this is his funniest monologue ever:

If You Don't Vote, You're a Moron

Rest in peace, old avatar.
Ratty Randnums
Level 7: Raiden

Gems 2,115

PostRatty Randnums Posted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:30 pm   Post subject: Re: Craig Ferguson- If You Don't Vote, You're a Moron. Reply with quote

Jason Tandro wrote:
I love Craig Ferguson (the guy who hosts the Late, Late Show). Anyways this is his funniest monologue ever:

I like Craig Ferguson, he's a funny guy. Don't know why most people seem to forget him when mentioning late-night.
He makes some really good points in that monologue as well. I always felt that the majority of people who needed to have celebrities tell them to exercise their right to the ballot probably didn't think enough about the gravity of their decision to deserve that trust.
Not that I really see that much of a difference in the two party candidates myself- but, I won't get into my personal politics here. Anywho, thanks for sharing, I needed the laugh Smile
Freedan
Level 19: Soul Blazer

Resident

Gems 10,167

PostFreedan Posted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:37 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I've always thought the same thing.

Once I hit voting age, I always made it a point to vote... even in the crappy local elections almost no one knows about.

If you don't vote, you lose the right to complain when things don't go your way. You had your chance to make your statement on voting day. Sure, in some cases, you're voting for the lesser of two evils rather than who you like more, but not voting isn't going to "send a message" to anyone. Other than "look at me, I'm apathetic", that is.

When people in war-torn countries crawl commando-style under a hail of bullets to the voting booths to cast a ballot, it disturbs me that in Canada, we often get voter turnouts of about 60-70%.

Vote, damn it. Mad

inferiare
TerraEarth Historian

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:45 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I always vote when we have elections. Aaaaaalways.

Of course, I vote third-party people, but damn it, I still vote. Most of the people who run here in Nevada are morons ugh.

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Windows Live Messenger
Ratty Randnums

Gems 2,115

PostRatty Randnums Posted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:27 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

rainichan wrote:
I always vote when we have elections. Aaaaaalways.

Of course, I vote third-party people, but damn it, I still vote. Most of the people who run here in Nevada are morons ugh.

Are the houses of prostitution still lobbying to be taxed? Your state really should let them, then your economy would rake in the farkin' money (in more ways than one amirite?) even within the other restrictions set in place. Of course once that happened holier-than-thou (and scapegoating) politicians wouldn't be able to shut them down at any moment as could happen now.

Also- third party all the way. The republic is strangled between two parties who don't actually have to do anything but play "Keep Away" with the demands of the people.
inferiare
TerraEarth Historian

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:12 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no idea. The county I'm in has prostitution outlawed, so whatever goes on outside of the county regarding that, I'm unsure of. Of course, legalizing it or having it taxed doesn't always necessarily mean we'd get more money out of it, buuut that's a big can of worms to really open. Cool

I like voting third-party candidates. They actually give a damn (well, sometimes) and try to fix what the others have screwed up. ...sometimes. Depends on the candidate, of course. Very Happy

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Windows Live Messenger
psychokind
fuck yeah!

Resident

Gems 10,444

Postpsychokind Posted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:21 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

we have 5 elections comming up this year Very Happy

mayor election
european election
parliamentary elections (for the Bundestag)
communal election
county council election

amazing, isn't it?
Level 18: Earth Spirit

Resident

Gems 8,496

PostBlade Posted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:17 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

psychokind wrote:

mayor election
european election
communal election
county council election

amazing, isn't it?

So you can vote for almost every party once Razz

I've voted 3 times so far, and it has always been a different party...dunno, maybe I'll skip the european election!
psychokind
fuck yeah!

Resident

Gems 10,444

Postpsychokind Posted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:21 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Blade wrote:
psychokind wrote:

mayor election
european election
communal election
county council election

amazing, isn't it?

So you can vote for almost every party once Razz

I've voted 3 times so far, and it has always been a different party...dunno, maybe I'll skip the european election!

I heard (in the news) you austrians care shit about the EU, yet you are one of the countrys that was clever enough to make a huge use of it AND you are so called "subsidy-kings". strange tribe you are Wink

Gems 2,115

PostRatty Randnums Posted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:59 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

rainichan wrote:
I like voting third-party candidates. They actually give a damn (well, sometimes) and try to fix what the others have screwed up. ...sometimes. Depends on the candidate, of course. Very Happy

I think you might like this/find it interesting-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=puQDO9IyyVE (if you don't want to watch the intro just skip to 1:50)
thefencemaster
Level 12: Soul Knight

Level 12: Soul Knight

Gems 6,011

Postthefencemaster Posted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 4:26 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't get to vote for anything recently. So close to being able to yet so far away.

-The Fence Master
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Interests Board All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: