TerraEarth Forums

TerraEarth: Absolute- Final Beta Coming Very Soon!!!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Fan Made Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jason Tandro
The Undying TE Fanatic

Level 20: Guardian of Pandora

Gems 8,090
Location: Tiptoeing the line between confidence and arrogance.

PostJason Tandro Posted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:00 pm   Post subject: TerraEarth: Absolute- Final Beta Coming Very Soon!!! Reply with quote

Okay, so we all know that TerraEarth:Absolute’s release schedule has become something of a running joke. Deadlines and me don’t get along. Laughing

That being said, I’ve had to cut a few things out, but as a result, the final beta of TerraEarth: Absolute will be available as soon as I can get my sendspace account active again! This is the ENTIRE GAME, and I believe I have fixed all the bugs, but just to be sure, I want you guys to beta it. Report all the bugs in the usual manner (I’ll explain on the release day) and then I’ll fix it and send out the full debugged glory, along with all of the bonus features that were promised.

I’ve been working on this thing for a year and a couple of months and its finally almost done!

Expect the beta to be ready to go within the next week or so!

[Edit: For those who are interested, here are the things I've had to cut out for space/ debugging complication reasons from biggest to smallest]

The ENTIRE Original Character Segment
Variables kept cropping up that caused scenes from the Load A Party stories to play during the Original Character and there were just simply too many options that weren't well thought out. If I had decided to keep this, I'm confidant that it would have taken me ANOTHER year to complete.

The Underworld Map
Have a better idea for that, and want to use it in TE:C

RP Punch-Up Duels/Tournaments
This is just a redundancy issue. The RP Punch-Up is now exclusively Battle Royales. The Fight Club has the random fights.

The Trading Card Game
There was really no point. It was just Rock-Paper-Scissors anyways.

Rest in peace, old avatar.
Manibrandr System
Level 19: Soul Blazer

Gems 6,953

PostManibrandr System Posted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:24 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Woo! About time too!
The Undying TE Fanatic

Gems 8,090

PostJason Tandro Posted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:46 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol! I know right. Just finishing the last little bit of monster balancing. Probably be up by the end of the weekend. Monday or Tuesday.

Yet One More Idiot
Level 15: Bloody Chariot

Resident

Gems 8,720

PostYet One More Idiot Posted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 2:24 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

W00t! - It's like there's a party in my post and everyone's invited! Cool
The Undying TE Fanatic

Gems 8,090

PostJason Tandro Posted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:54 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Hahah. Well I purchase a card to use online, but the dumbasses recently switched to AMEX. NOTHING takes f-ing AMEX... Mad

I'll have to go to Walmart and get a good old fashioned VISA prepaid.

tay120n64
The Koholint Knight

Gems 7,572

Posttay120n64 Posted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:21 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Jason Tandro wrote:
Hahah. Well I purchase a card to use online, but the dumbasses recently switched to AMEX. NOTHING takes f-ing AMEX... Mad

I'll have to go to Walmart and get a good old fashioned VISA prepaid.

I know how that is. I have a Visa myself, but my grandmother gave me a credit card to use for emergencies. The catch? It's an AMEX. (the other credit card she has an account with is, ironically, Discover Rolling Eyes)

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Windows Live Messenger
Yet One More Idiot

Resident

Gems 8,720

PostYet One More Idiot Posted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:44 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

tay120n64 wrote:
I know how that is. I have a Visa myself, but my grandmother gave me a credit card to use for emergencies. The catch? It's an AMEX. (the other credit card she has an account with is, ironically, Discover Rolling Eyes)

My mum's old bankcard was a Switch Electron...Switch issued two types of card, Electron and Solo. Everything worked fine with Switch Solo, but Electron cards kept being rejected everywhere. Dumb system. Razz

Mine is straight ol'-fashioned VISA, so much easier to use. Smile

Resident

Gems 8,804

PostEverPhoenix Posted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:40 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

the main ones in australia seem to be visa and mastercard. mine is a maestro (kinda like a mastercard jr. its not a credit card, its a debit card). when i was in america, i couldnt use it to pay for stuff, but ATMs had no issue with it.
fuck yeah!

Resident

Gems 10,444

Postpsychokind Posted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:18 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

can't wait can't wait can't wait can't wait can't wait can't wait can't wait can't wait can't wait can't wait can't wait can't wait can't wait can't wait can't wait can't wait can't wait can't wait can't wait can't wait can't wait can't wait can't wait can't wait can't wait can't wait can't wait can't wait can't wait can't wait can't wait can't wait can't wait can't wait can't wait can't wait can't wait can't wait can't wait can't wait can't wait can't wait can't wait can't wait can't wait can't wait can't wait can't wait can't wait can't wait can't wait can't wait can't wait can't wait can't wait can't wait can't wait can't wait can't wait can't wait can't wait can't wait can't wait

also, I have a mastercard.
The Undying TE Fanatic

Gems 8,090

PostJason Tandro Posted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:45 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the deed is done. And assuming this Friday I see my IRS Refund, the game will be up on sendspace. I'm not gonna give any speeches about being at the end of a long road until I see how the beta goes, though.

I did think this was funny though:

Quote:

File: TerraEarth Demo.zip
File Size: 144.08 MB

Note: Don't worry. This is pretty much the size the final version of the game will be, give or take a few MB.

As of the finished edit, the game clocks in at around 800 MB, mostly because of the four soundtracks.

Also, I've begun preliminary work on TerraEarth: Beyond, and I'm thoroughly confused. To star everybody I want in the game, there are 30 characters, and only 1 of them is an OC (the character Enigma who got swept under the rug when I retooled TE:A). But if I include boxxleman as a playable character, that's 31 (I hesitate to because he's supposed to be the God of the World, and as such, he'd need to be a wicked OP character which would destroy the flow of the game. Even using eFlare was a big decision for me.

Here's the current list:

Playable Characters:

eFlare
KaleFlame

Rainichan
Freedan
SoulBlazerFan
Coz

Blade
Deathpit
Aoiga
Tay120n64

Jason Tandro
Valerie Valens
Axe Kazama
Chicken

Psychokind
EverPhoenix
Muerte
Hammerit

Miss Prime Blue
YETI
Metall Ark
Flamez

Dark Gaia
Nurdof
Jokstica / UltraSuperHyperHeroGirl
TerraKnux

TerraHero
O. Cool
Fixy
Enigma

inferiare
TerraEarth Historian

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:36 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Jason Tandro wrote:
Well the deed is done. And assuming this Friday I see my IRS Refund, the game will be up on sendspace. I'm not gonna give any speeches about being at the end of a long road until I see how the beta goes, though.

Dude if it gets it on sendspace any faster, I'll upgrade your account for you. Mad

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Windows Live Messenger
Yet One More Idiot

Resident

Gems 8,720

PostYet One More Idiot Posted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:16 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm gonna be a playable character in TE:B?

COOL! Cool

May I ask, what sort of characterisation will my character get, or is that up to me?
fuck yeah!

Resident

Gems 10,444

Postpsychokind Posted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:17 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

damn, 800mb will be a hard task with my internet here Very Happy
The Undying TE Fanatic

Gems 8,090

PostJason Tandro Posted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:04 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

@Raini: Don't bother, because I found a minor bug I gotta fix when I was doing last nights playthrough. But it should take a halfhour to fix at most. It'll be up Friday!

@YETI: We're a bit far from that at the moment. When it comes time for you guys to provide character info, I'll let you know.

@psychokind: I'm probably going to break it into smaller, more manageable parts for quicker downloads.

Manibrandr System

Gems 6,953

PostManibrandr System Posted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:23 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

WHat sort of combat system are you planning for TE:B?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Fan Made Games All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: