TerraEarth Forums

Controller Breakers- A Guide to Epicly Hard Bosses
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> General Gaming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jason Tandro
The Undying TE Fanatic

Level 20: Guardian of Pandora

Gems 8,090
Location: Tiptoeing the line between confidence and arrogance.

PostJason Tandro Posted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:56 pm   Post subject: Controller Breakers- A Guide to Epicly Hard Bosses Reply with quote

We all know of them. The bosses that are thrown in as a special challenge. Harder than the final boss, and more vicious. Their names live on in the annals of gaming as the bosses that drove your abilities (and sanity) to their limit.

Here are a few good ones:

Emerald Weapon

Game: Final Fantasy VII (US Release)

Emeral Weapon was one of two bonus bosses added in the US Release o f Final Fantasy VII. It's sister boss, Ruby Weapon, was certainly no pushover, but Emerald Weapon is consistantly rated as the harder of the two due to its immense amount of HP, and it's ability to take up to 9 turns in a row, not to mention the unblockable super move which can kill all party members Aire Tam Storm.

View a battle (at 2x Speed) here

Ozma

Game: Final Fantasy IX

Ozma is a hidden boss in the Chocobo Air Garden. To get this far requires diligence in the Chocobo Hot & Cold minigame, but to challenge seekers, it's a rewarding fight. Ozma absorbs most elements, making some usually heavy hitters such as Vivi completely useless. It uses an all-attacking skill which deals shadow damage to everyone (but heals Ozma itself) called Doomsday. It's deceptively normal HP amount is very hard to whittle away at as it heals itself almost as often as it attacks.

Tip: Apparently if you complete the Friendly Monsters sidequest, you will make Ozma weak against shadow damage, meaning Doomsday will damage Ozma!

See Ozma beat in one round here!

More to come!

Rest in peace, old avatar.
tay120n64
The Koholint Knight

Level 19: Soul Blazer

Gems 7,572

Posttay120n64 Posted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:10 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll add one that none of you will expect:

Old Man Lobber

Game: The Legendary Starfy (DS)

Okay, so this may seem ridiculous, but this is one of the most insane bosses I've ever fought, and its in a kid's game. His "Gold Charge" attack will kill you instantly if it connects, and its really hard to dodge. Seriously. Just watch the video.

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Windows Live Messenger
Freedan

Resident

Gems 10,167

PostFreedan Posted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:19 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never seen a lobster go Super Saiyan before. Meh/Worried

inferiare
TerraEarth Historian

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:34 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Angra Mainyu in FFX-2. I hated that bitch so hard.

Also, Omega Weapon in FF8. All you got from it was "YOU BEAT IT 8D" in your status screen or whatnot. Neutral

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Windows Live Messenger
Jason Tandro
The Undying TE Fanatic

Gems 8,090

PostJason Tandro Posted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:48 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Omega Weapon was a PUSHOVER. Just let Squall lose most of his HP and then spam Heroes (from the Laguna Card) or even Holy Wars if you have them. Then just use Renzokuken ad naseum.

Angra Mainyu was tough, but not nearly as tricky as Ozma or Emerald Weapon. I just love to use the "gamebreaker combo": Rikku as an Alchemist, Paine and Yuna as Dark Knights. That combo is even more effective than an entire party of Mascots.

inferiare
TerraEarth Historian

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:53 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Jason Tandro wrote:
Omega Weapon was a PUSHOVER. Just let Squall lose most of his HP and then spam Heroes (from the Laguna Card) or even Holy Wars if you have them. Then just use Renzokuken ad naseum.

Angra Mainyu was tough, but not nearly as tricky as Ozma or Emerald Weapon. I just love to use the "gamebreaker combo": Rikku as an Alchemist, Paine and Yuna as Dark Knights. That combo is even more effective than an entire party of Mascots.

Yes, but there's always the people who don't have those in their games, like myself. Very Happy

My FFX-2 party for that fight, despite me losing about 7384538642 times, was White Mage Yuna, Dark Knight Paine, and Samurai Rikku. It was just a matter of luck, but Yuna spamming Prayer and then Curaga on everyone was a good way to do it...

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Windows Live Messenger
Jason Tandro
The Undying TE Fanatic

Gems 8,090

PostJason Tandro Posted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:33 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Samurai was a good class (Momentum and Shin-Zantetsu come to mind), but I felt that Dark Knight was just an overall beast, mainly due to the insane amount of status resistances, and high-hitting damage skills like Black Sky, Darkness and Charon.

My guilty pleasure class was Lady Luck. And no, it's not because of the skimpy outfitsat least that's not the ONLY reason. But with a few skills you could do some serious power-leveling. After you New Game Plussed for a while though and got several Key To Success's you could accomplish that on its own.

Um... back on track!

psychokind
fuck yeah!

Resident

Gems 10,444

Postpsychokind Posted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:37 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

sailor moon another story last boss

loot at the comment! LVL 99 (NINETY-NINE)!! also, out of a walkthrough

Quote:
The battle's quite easy (if long) with the emulator cheat. Otherwise, it's horrendously difficult.

@tay: SUPERSAYAN CRAB Laughing

Resident

Gems 10,167

PostFreedan Posted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:39 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

The bonus boss of The World Ends With You is absolutely insane.

Hanekoma's noise form. Even if you're at max level with powerful equipment, you can expect to be done in with only a few hits. Healing (with your limited resources) will buy you a few more seconds.

To make things more complicated, you're controlling two characters simultaneously. They share a life bar, so if your useless load of a partner gets the shit kicked out of them, you still die.

And on top of it all, he's shouting inspirational lines at you (like "enjoy the moment") while he's kicking you in the face.

tay120n64
The Koholint Knight

Gems 7,572

Posttay120n64 Posted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:19 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Freedan wrote:
The bonus boss of The World Ends With You is absolutely insane.

Hanekoma's noise form. Even if you're at max level with powerful equipment, you can expect to be done in with only a few hits. Healing (with your limited resources) will buy you a few more seconds.

To make things more complicated, you're controlling two characters simultaneously. They share a life bar, so if your useless load of a partner gets the shit kicked out of them, you still die.

And on top of it all, he's shouting inspirational lines at you (like "enjoy the moment") while he's kicking you in the face.

Haven't quite gotten to that point yet. I've beaten the game, but I haven't finished Chapter Select. I've been dreading it, though. The final boss was hard enough.

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Windows Live Messenger
EverPhoenix

Resident

Gems 8,804

PostEverPhoenix Posted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:16 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Jason Tandro wrote:

if you got to lvl99, and were good enough, Zell's limit break does more damage than lionheart. spam punch rush and booya (at least thats what i think its called). Since the 2 are right next to each other, you can chain them in about .2 of a second. maxed stats gets you around 3-5k per hit iirc, and 12 seconds / .2 per cast = 120 casts, *4000 average is close to the same damage as lionheart. even more if youre stupidly quick. and you get it every time, unlike lionheart
The Undying TE Fanatic

Gems 8,090

PostJason Tandro Posted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:14 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

EverPhoenix wrote:
Jason Tandro wrote:

if you got to lvl99, and were good enough, Zell's limit break does more damage than lionheart. spam punch rush and booya (at least thats what i think its called). Since the 2 are right next to each other, you can chain them in about .2 of a second. maxed stats gets you around 3-5k per hit iirc, and 12 seconds / .2 per cast = 120 casts, *4000 average is close to the same damage as lionheart. even more if youre stupidly quick. and you get it every time, unlike lionheart

There's some trick to get Rinoa to cast only Meteor over and over with Angel Wing and hitting for 100,000s of damage every minute.

NoZKeY
Sent by The Master

Level 9: Sabre Dog

Level 9: Sabre Dog

Gems 5,959

PostNoZKeY Posted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:44 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

The one without a heart...

OMEGA from FF V
Omega is resistant against every magic except thunder, has reflect and a lot of deadly attacks, also a lot of HP.

Spekkio from Chrono Trigger, final form

In order to fight the final form of Spekkio your first character must be at level 99... even at that level he is freaking hard, without the correct equipment you are dead Razz
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Windows Live Messenger
Jason Tandro
The Undying TE Fanatic

Gems 8,090

PostJason Tandro Posted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:38 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Omega was unreal. With Shinryu, there was a trick to give everybody Bare, equip them with two Dragon Lances and have them all use Jump. This apparently can kill the boss in one round.

EverPhoenix

Resident

Gems 8,804

PostEverPhoenix Posted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:26 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Jason Tandro wrote:
EverPhoenix wrote:
Jason Tandro wrote:

There's some trick to get Rinoa to cast only Meteor over and over with Angel Wing and hitting for 100,000s of damage every minute.

that one isnt as powerful. in terms of multi-hits, zell is the most powerful, but needs the most work. i think a maxed out irvine with shotgun ammo can clean up almost anyone as well, as long as you cast meltdown (or doomtrain) on them first
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> General Gaming All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: