TerraEarth Forums

games you suck at
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> General Gaming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chicken
manifested spam

Level 17: Jealous Spirit

Resident

Gems 7,352

Postchicken Posted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:19 am   Post subject: games you suck at Reply with quote

alright, this is not going to be a show-off thread where you can pose around with your mad skillz. nah. here you will tell us all your embarrassing moments in game history Very Happy

so with me being the creator, i shall start:

i suck at shooters. maybe because i dont like the concept of shooting stuff anyway. i recently played bioshock and geeeeeez... i am so BAD Laughing

i often die because i cannot figure out where all t he shots are coming from. also, i am unable to follow fast moving objects with my mouse accurately (like enemies who are running from cover A to cover B).

so, what about you guys? Very Happy

winner of the following awards:

Biggest Spammer
Most Annoying Poster
the Pie Award Very Happy
Funniest Poster

posting more than one exclamation mark is a sign for mental disturbtion...

yay for jase Very Happy
EverPhoenix
Level 19: Soul Blazer

Resident

Gems 8,804

PostEverPhoenix Posted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:47 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

im generally average at most games. well, im decent enough at platformers and RTS games, good at RPGs (i make it my goal to figure out how to manipulate the system to my advantage), but im really crap at sports games. just utterly hopeless.

oh, and im really shit at super mario kart. i just suck at it =\

and heres a relevant one to this board: when i first played terranigma, i stopped playing it for a while because i couldnt find the elder. thats right. beat that Razz

Resident

Gems 10,167

PostFreedan Posted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 3:24 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I tend to be average (at best) in head-to-head fighters (Street Fighter, MK). I've never been able to memorize all the cheap combos, I don't go by tier-lists, and I don't have the frame-precision reaction time needed to perfectly counter everything thrown at me.

And although I love them (Ikaruga is an awesome game), I'm not too great at bullet hell games. They're fun, but expert players manage to squeeze through the tiniest openings, just barely missing the hitbox. I don't. And in the case of Ikaruga, I'm not nearly good enough to get a high score (hitting certain-coloured enemies in a certain order to build a chain).

Also, I'm not great at strategy games, but that's because I barely play them (something like Civilization just doesn't hold my interest). I've only played one Fire Emblem game, too. Meh/Worried

Lenc
Art Monkey

Level 11: Worlock

Resident

Gems 8,348

PostLenc Posted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 5:01 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Turn based strategy. I suck at it. I like the type of game, but I always get my ass handed to me just because I overlooked one unit or statistic XD.

STEAM: Lenc Chroso
BNET: Blindeduif#2260
Mantaray
Level 14: Chariot

Resident

Gems 6,635

PostMantaray Posted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:34 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

i dunno. games are soooo simple nowadays..

but i did embarress myself with destroy all humans at a friend's house cause i underestimated the difficulty of the game and i just didnt really care Very Happy

wait.. i suck at them all unless they're rpgs... bacisally the only games i was ever good at was rpgs and old-fashioned car racing since it wasnt so complex with the controls and the gravity crap
chicken
manifested spam

Resident

Gems 7,352

Postchicken Posted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:01 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

oh yea strategy games... all i do is build and build and next thing i know is the enemy invading my city or whatever and destroying everything. i dont get it how to be so damn fast at that stuff

Biggest Spammer
Most Annoying Poster
the Pie Award Very Happy
Funniest Poster

yay for jase Very Happy
EverPhoenix

Resident

Gems 8,804

PostEverPhoenix Posted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:52 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Turn-based Strategy? like Heroes of Might and Magic?

im good at that, but im too lazy to play to my full ability (ie to use like 5 heroes to scout and collect resources and external dwellings every week). i just dont have the patience to do that, and it gives a massive advantage when you do.

as for RTS, its more about knowing exactly what to do in what order. unless you do, youll always be too slow. unfortunately, i havent figured it out for any games
TerraEarth Historian

Level 20: Guardian of Pandora

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 2:46 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Freedan wrote:
And although I love them (Ikaruga is an awesome game), I'm not too great at bullet hell games. They're fun, but expert players manage to squeeze through the tiniest openings, just barely missing the hitbox. I don't. And in the case of Ikaruga, I'm not nearly good enough to get a high score (hitting certain-coloured enemies in a certain order to build a chain).

1: Find copy of a Touhou game.
2: Play on Lunatic
3: Die about 9865837532563 times
4: Finally beat it on Lunatic after using all of your continues
5: Rejoice! Keep playing, get better.
6: ???
7: PROFIT!

Very Happy

On topic: I'm really bad at shooters. I like stuff like Bioshock, but I'm terrible at them. I'm also bad at RTS games like Warcraft and Starcraft for as much as I love them.

As for times I've sucked and went "...oh dammit" at something, I can't think of anything right now. I'll remember something though.

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Windows Live Messenger
Dark_Gaia
Level 12: Soul Knight

Resident

Gems 6,560

PostDark_Gaia Posted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:46 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

it took me and my mate (when we were 12) an hour to find out how to open doors in terranigma (the one to the elders room in crysta) lol n all u had to do was press 'a'. we still laugh about it to this day.
LEMMINGS!! blast that game! i swear im a genius at it. but srsly that game is so bs maybe im missing something but once i get to the higher difficulties omfg they r undoable. i try over and over and over and all my strategies fail hard. n thats not even on the hardest difficulty mayhem. that game is my nemesis. + makes me look like a noob.

Oh and im really shit at driving games except mario kart. like car games im usually scraping the walls the whole track long. probs why i never play them
tay120n64
The Koholint Knight

Gems 7,572

Posttay120n64 Posted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:23 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

RPGs and RTSs.

Come to think of it, any game where you have to plan your moves and prepare for situations. Like a game of chess.

I'm good at improvisation, but not at strategy. Yuck

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Windows Live Messenger
psychokind
fuck yeah!

Resident

Gems 10,444

Postpsychokind Posted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:41 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a pretty decent player in all types of games, except racing games Very Happy oh my, I suck so unbelievably hard... when we played these, I was always allowed to choose "cheat" or the fastest cars, and after the first round I was so far behind I always began to drive the wrong way round to crash into others...

exception: mario kart! I'm so good at this Very Happy
manifested spam

Resident

Gems 7,352

Postchicken Posted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:59 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

tay120n64 wrote:
Like a game of chess.

oh no Neutral i HATE that game! and why was it invented anyway?

my father tried to learn me how to play it. i got the rules but damn, i ended up placing the pieces randomly. "you have to know what your opponent does, before he knows"... yea, like hell.

Biggest Spammer
Most Annoying Poster
the Pie Award Very Happy
Funniest Poster

yay for jase Very Happy
Dark_Gaia

Resident

Gems 6,560

PostDark_Gaia Posted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:12 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

wtf r u talkin about chess rules! its ultimate strategy! haha n if ur father tried to 'learn' u i can see why it didnt work out.. ahahhha just kiddin =D
EverPhoenix

Resident

Gems 8,804

PostEverPhoenix Posted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:05 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

chess is awesome. the thing that bothers me about it, you can only really get good by knowing how people who devoted their lives to the game played, in response to certain circumstances.

there are just too many possibilities in a game, and calculations and prediction will only get you so far

Resident

Gems 6,560

PostDark_Gaia Posted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:05 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

calculation gets u all the way if ur bright enough.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> General Gaming All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: