TerraEarth Forums

Total BS
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> General Gaming
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you think Square-Enix still thinks of the fans like they used to or have they changed for the worst?
I think they have changed and do not show as much interest in the fans anymore.
25%
 25%  [ 3 ]
I think they have changed but for the better.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
I think they are still the same.
16%
 16%  [ 2 ]
I'm so mad about this that I'm going to work for them and destory them from the inside!HAhahahahahaha.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
I never liked Square-Enix.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Moo?
58%
 58%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 12

Dark Samurai
Level 8: Amarante

Gems 500

PostDark Samurai Posted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 4:21 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I've heard that they actually going to finish the project, just not distribute it.
TerraEarth Historian

Level 20: Guardian of Pandora

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 4:36 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

And since it's speculation on the web, SE will hear about it and have a reason to sue them. That's...not too bright on their part, in my opinion. If they can do things like the nice 3D graphics they were gonna use for their fanmade CT, they could make their own games. Smile

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Windows Live Messenger
Dark Samurai

Gems 500

PostDark Samurai Posted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 4:44 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought that the Cease and desist order was there so they could not destribute it, not to stop making it.
Level 19: Soul Blazer

Resident

Gems 10,167

PostFreedan Posted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 4:48 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I think they specify in the order what they need to do. Of course, I'm not sure exactly what they told them.

But "cease and desist" leads me to believe they want them to stop altogether.

inferiare
TerraEarth Historian

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 4:53 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Quoted from two different sources:

http://www.marklaw.com/trademark-glossary/A-C.htm#C wrote:

A letter sent by a trademark owner demanding that another company immediately halt using its trademark. These letters are typically accompanied with a threat of a lawsuit if the alleged infringer does not immediately halt use. Before sending such a letter, it is vital that the initiator be 100% certain their rights in the mark are prior to the alleged infringer's rights. Otherwise, it may be the initiator who must cease use.

and

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cease_and_desist_letter wrote:

Cease-and-desist is a legal term meaning essentially stop: It is used in demands for a person or organization to stop doing something (to cease (stop) and desist (don't start again) from doing it).

The term is used in two different contexts: A cease-and-desist order can be issued by a judge or government authority, and has well-defined legal meaning. A cease-and-desist letter can be sent by anyone, although typically they are drafted by a lawyer.

Also from Wikipedia:
Wikipedia wrote:

A cease-and-desist letter is a letter demanding that the recipient "cease and desist from" continuing certain behavior. The behavior in question can include publishing materials or making statements that the letter's sender considers copyright infringement, trademark infringement, patent infringement, slander, or libel. The letter typically threatens legal action if the recipient continues to publish the materials in question or make statements similar to the ones in question.

There have been criticisms from civil liberties and free speech groups that cease-and-desist letters are often used by wealthy individuals and corporations to bully their less-monied opponents into silence, as many people will comply with even an unjustified cease-and-desist letter due to their unwillingness to engage in an expensive lawsuit. Such groups call this a chilling effect on free speech.

Wink

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Windows Live Messenger
Dark Samurai

Gems 500

PostDark Samurai Posted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 4:55 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.xsorbit2.com/users/chronotrigger/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&num=1108148456

tssf
Team Member

Re: Heh, the project will not be discontinued for
« Reply #2 on: February 12th, 2005, 1:35pm »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's already been stated that it's not discontinued, it's just none of you will get it, unfortunately.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mathew Valente [TSSF]

Resident

Gems 10,167

PostFreedan Posted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 4:57 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a lawsuit then. Neutral

inferiare
TerraEarth Historian

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 4:59 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

And since it has been documented, Square-Enix probably will sue the guy...

And it's not because of what the people are saying (they aren't scared of this remake), they're protecting their property.

He could be using his talents for something more than just a remake. He obviously got together a good team of people, he could make his own games and sell them. It happened with Alien Hominid, he could do it too.

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
Dark Samurai

Gems 500

PostDark Samurai Posted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 4:59 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

That's going to suck... being sued that is

I think they plan on making some origanal games eventually. I can't wait to see what they are going to do... If they still have money

Last edited by Dark Samurai on Fri Apr 29, 2005 5:02 am; edited 3 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger Windows Live Messenger
Freedan

Resident

Gems 10,167

PostFreedan Posted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 5:01 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

BUT TEH FANZ WANT A REMAKE OF CT NOT SUM STUPID NEW GAM!

Yeah, they've done some good work with the remake. Unfortunately, it just isn't allowed. Instead of continuing with some pointless project that's liable to get them in to serious legal trouble (and from there, financial), they should create something from the ground up.

inferiare
TerraEarth Historian

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 5:02 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be a shame if SE sued them for continuing on with a game that gets them in trouble. And yes, dark knight is right: they should make their own games, that way they can make some money and not lose it from a possible lawsuit. ^^

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
Dark Samurai

Gems 500

PostDark Samurai Posted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 5:05 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd hate to see a group of good developers get snuffed out like that so soon. Makes me wonder if I'll survive Scared
TerraEarth Historian

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 5:06 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Hehe, as long as you don't try to remake a popular game that's still under trademark/copyright, I think you'll do ok. Wink

Edit: Unless you ask first and they company who made the original game okays it. Very Happy

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
Dark Samurai

Gems 500

PostDark Samurai Posted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 5:08 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm thinking that once I get my own company started that I will encourage fans to try to remake some of my games, and i f good I'll hire them and market the game. Of course it will not be the same because then the graphics will be even more advanced than now...hmmm I'll have to think on this some more

Resident

Gems 10,167

PostFreedan Posted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 5:11 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

If you ran your own company, that would be your call entirely. Personally, though I'd take it as a compliment that my game was worth remaking, I probably wouldn't want someone else mucking around in my bid-ness.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> General Gaming All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: