TerraEarth Forums

Obama can't take criticism.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Debate Island
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jason Tandro
The Undying TE Fanatic

Level 20: Guardian of Pandora

Gems 8,090
Location: Tiptoeing the line between confidence and arrogance.

PostJason Tandro Posted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:30 pm   Post subject: Obama can't take criticism. Reply with quote

When McCain called out Obama on not following through with his campaign promises, Obama had the nerve to say this.

Wow, what an arrogant, immature bastard. Mad

Rest in peace, old avatar.
Mantaray
Level 14: Chariot

Resident

Gems 6,635

PostMantaray Posted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:15 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

this is why i dont agree with a young president this time around. they can be... swayed.

but no president keeps their promises.

Last edited by Mantaray on Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Manibrandr System
Level 19: Soul Blazer

Gems 6,953

PostManibrandr System Posted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:39 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Obama isn't young.

I do kind of support Obama putting McCain in his place, McCain is quite the angry manchild with a short temper, he doesn't realize the massive pile of shit that Bush had left behind that Obama had to clean up before starting work on his campaign promises. Either that, or it's one of McCain's cheap tricks employed in an effort to undermine and impugn Obama's credibility to the public. Yes, the attitude isn't exactly mature, but this is pretty minor compared to the bigger picture, and sometimes, you just need to express your message in terms they could understand for them to get the message.

In other words, it's pretty difficult to write a story if the desk is covered in horse shit.
The Undying TE Fanatic

Gems 8,090

PostJason Tandro Posted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:11 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Valerie Valens wrote:
Obama isn't young.

I do kind of support Obama putting McCain in his place, McCain is quite the angry manchild with a short temper, he doesn't realize the massive pile of shit that Bush had left behind that Obama had to clean up before starting work on his campaign promises. Either that, or it's one of McCain's cheap tricks employed in an effort to undermine and impugn Obama's credibility to the public. Yes, the attitude isn't exactly mature, but this is pretty minor compared to the bigger picture, and sometimes, you just need to express your message in terms they could understand for them to get the message.

In other words, it's pretty difficult to write a story if the desk is covered in horse shit.

I disagree.

That's neither here nor there. Obama whining about how the "election is over" because he was called out by McCain is a poor counter-argument. It ranks right up there with Nancy Pelosi going "seriously? seriously?"

I won't argue that Bush left a pile of shit for Obama, but it's not like that's not the same way it's been done for literally hundreds of years. You shouldn't make campaign promises you can't keep, unless you want the opposition to call you out on it.

inferiare
TerraEarth Historian

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:21 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I've already made my ideas on Obama pretty clear I'm sure, and I don't even have to watch the linked video to know he said something asinine (much like his vice president would do, SNAP I WENT THERE). Honestly, yes there are ALWAYS campaign promises that aren't kept, HOWEVER when you go on to say OH MY GOD WE'RE GOING TO CHANGE SHIT IF YOU VOTE FOR ME AND HERE'S WHAT I'LL DO, AND IT'S GOING TO HAPPEN!!!!!, you're pretty much setting yourself up for a lot of criticism. There's a reason why Obama's rating is dropping instead of raising: because people are pissed.

At this point, even I could do a better job than Obama at being the president, and I'm half his age. Neutral

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Windows Live Messenger
Miss Prime Blue
Prime Blue

Level 13: Blood Skeleton

Resident

Gems 3,213

PostMiss Prime Blue Posted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:49 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually like the fact that Obama said that.

Then again, I voted for obama and pretty much suck at politics, so. Whatever.

People live on because they forget about unpleasant things.
Dark_Gaia
Level 12: Soul Knight

Resident

Gems 6,560

PostDark_Gaia Posted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:41 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah im with u on this one miss prime blue. i dunno anything about politics! hahaha, probably why i never contribute to jasons frequent politic related posts ><
SoulBlazerFan
Crisis Historian

Level 18: Earth Spirit

Resident

Gems 10,267

PostSoulBlazerFan Posted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:05 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

The thing everyone seems to be missing is that politicians lie, backstab, do everything in their power to get into their respective positions of power. A politicians job isn't to do what he promises. It to make the promises to get into his job. When has any politician actually kept some, not even all, but some of the promises they make?

I also can't blame Obama for the Health Care Bill. His plan is being thwarted by not only the other politicians before him, his peers, but also some of the American populous.

And while I agree it is a bit childish for Obama to have said that, it's also a bit childish to call someone out on a bill that he was adamant against in the first place. (Let's not forget, this is a largely Democratic bill, and there's reasons McCain and other Republicans don't want it to pass)
"...at first it's fine and you think you have a dark side – it's exciting – and then you realise the dark side wins every time if you decide to indulge in it. It's also a completely different way of living when you know that...a different species of person." - Lana Del Rey
This User Has Completed

SBiF: Uppercutting cats since '09
inferiare
TerraEarth Historian

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:48 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

SoulBlazerFan wrote:
And while I agree it is a bit childish for Obama to have said that, it's also a bit childish to call someone out on a bill that he was adamant against in the first place. (Let's not forget, this is a largely Democratic bill, and there's reasons McCain and other Republicans don't want it to pass)

I'm more amazed at the fact that the Republicans are kinda-sorta listening to the American people when they say they don't want the health care bill to pass because it's not in our best interest. Sure, they have their own reasons to not want it to pass, but it's in our best interest that they're fighting it. :/

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Windows Live Messenger
psychokind
fuck yeah!

Resident

Gems 10,444

Postpsychokind Posted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:48 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

man, not realizing they need obamas health care system (since there's no alternative being proposed) american politics look as stupid as ours.

Gems 6,953

PostManibrandr System Posted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:26 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Jason : That may be true, but shit wasn't smelling this bad when Clinton left office. Also, not everything has to be an argument, sometimes it's best not to engage at all, especially if they are arguing in poor faith, which McCain is most likely doing in this case, given the circumstances.

Resident

Gems 10,167

PostFreedan Posted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:07 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

They're criticizing him for not keeping promises when he's only been in office for, what...? Just over a year?

Bush had 8 years, Obama gets one. But since Obama hasn't changed the world in that year, he's villified.

Obama's approval rating has dropped because Bush was a miserable excuse of a president, and Obama was representative of better times. Things were supposed to get better once he took over. That didn't happen right away, and now people are losing patience.

And shit isn't getting done because the Republicans, as the opposition party, block it. They can't be faulted for that, that's their job; they have different values than the Democrats. But to block legislation, then complain that they're not doing anything is moronic (our government does it all the time).

Jason Tandro
The Undying TE Fanatic

Gems 8,090

PostJason Tandro Posted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:25 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Valerie Valens wrote:
Jason : That may be true, but shit wasn't smelling this bad when Clinton left office. Also, not everything has to be an argument, sometimes it's best not to engage at all, especially if they are arguing in poor faith, which McCain is most likely doing in this case, given the circumstances.

Oh now don't misunderstand me, Val. I'll never argue that politicians are only trying to further their own agenda. My main issue here is that they're supposed to at least act like their grownups and Obama should have at least had some manner of decorum as the president. Not saying McCain's motives were honorable by any means.

Though the fact that Obama balked on airing the thing on C-SPAN bothered me. But then again it did make for a transparent administration... because EVERYBODY can see through that BS. Mad

tay120n64
The Koholint Knight

Gems 7,572

Posttay120n64 Posted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:22 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Having just watched it, I think Obama handled it rather well. He seemed like he was trying to just keep things on track.

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Windows Live Messenger
inferiare
TerraEarth Historian

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 4:29 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

psychokind wrote:
man, not realizing they need obamas health care system (since there's no alternative being proposed) american politics look as stupid as ours.

...because we DON'T need it. Won't lie that things need to change about the way health care is done around here, but us spending more money we don't have, and taxing the people who 1: don't have jobs, 2: don't make a lot of money, and 3: have a health care provider and don't want to change or be forced to choose another is something we do not want. Obama's health care bill = LOL MORE MONEY FOR THE PEOPLE IN CHARGE, SCREW THE PEOPLE Very Happy and fuck that, they can go jump off a cliff. /derail

@Freedan: He's gone against a lot of what he said he wouldn't do, which is why his approval is dropping. There's also the fact that he wanted to try the 9/11 terrorists in New York City, he wants to shut down Gitmo, and he's doing a lot of things that just... should not be done. The New York/Gitmo thing makes me go WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU ON, the New York thing being the one thing he's wanted to do that made me seriously headwall. I mean. Seriously? That's a slap in the face to those who lost family members. :/ They were caught on foreign ground, they should be having a military trial, not one to lol show the American people on TV lol and risk people barging in to have a go at the asshole terrorists. :/

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Debate Island All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: