TerraEarth Forums

Granstream Saga?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> General Gaming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tay120n64
The Koholint Knight

Level 19: Soul Blazer

Gems 7,572

Posttay120n64 Posted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:06 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Yomi's Evil Twin Intern wrote:
I actually started the debate over whether Granstream was a part of the series a while back, and I think we concluded that it wasn't. Smile I just wanted to see what it was like anyway. ^_^

Thanks for the info, I shall follow the advice given above by y'all. *Hands out some caek* Cool

Incidentally, I started a similar debate back in '07 right after I joined. Laughing

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Windows Live Messenger
Yet One More Idiot
Level 15: Bloody Chariot

Resident

Gems 8,720

PostYet One More Idiot Posted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:13 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

tay120n64 wrote:
I actually started the debate over whether Granstream was a part of the series a while back, and I think we concluded that it wasn't. Smile I just wanted to see what it was like anyway. ^_^

Thanks for the info, I shall follow the advice given above by y'all. *Hands out some caek* Cool

Incidentally, I started a similar debate back in '07 right after I joined. Laughing

LOLz. Laughing Starting that debate should be hereafter known as "TE N00bz syndrome". Very Happy

Oh well, the Granstream torrent has stalled at 42.5%, so in the meantime I've downloaded Robotrek and am starting that. I have little to no idea what to do, but that's never stopped me in the past... Razz
Level 6: Stone Golum

Gems 6,064

Postsubjectnamehere Posted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:59 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Granstream seems fun, I might pick it up later~
Yet One More Idiot

Resident

Gems 8,720

PostYet One More Idiot Posted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:52 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

YAY! Granstream finished downloading yesterday, and I've just finished Robotrek.

Having played that game through thoroughly, and beaten it, I can see now why it is not as popular as the previous SNES games from Quintet - the turn-based battles are slow and time-consuming, the whole upgrading system is somewhat clunky and takes a lot of time to get the hang of, and some of the levels are a nightmare to complete!

I spent so much time going back and forth in each level, to do one little task, then another, then another, then find so-and-so and get something from them so that I can go clear across the level again to do something else....I kept getting lost. By the time I reached the Cave Mouth (the first full proper level in the game), I had resorted to using a Walkthrough guide, 'cos I couldn't remember where I was, where I was going, or even where I'd flippin' been!
And then I spent about 5 hours going around and around in circles, squares, and your polygons of choice in the final level, before I managed to find the final boss. Though by that time, I was so levelled up, that I beat him in only a couple of minutes. :p

Ah well, on to Granstream now. Smile A new console emulator, a new game, a whole new world.....hopefully this one will be considerably more fun to play than the last. Wink

Very Happy
The Koholint Knight

Gems 7,572

Posttay120n64 Posted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:19 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

hopefully this one will be considerably more fun to play than the last. Wink

Just don't get your hopes up too high... By which I mean to say, at all.

Surprised they have no faces!!! Surprised

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Windows Live Messenger
Shiva Indis
Level 5: Sabre Wolf

Level 5: Sabre Wolf

Gems 366

PostShiva Indis Posted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:08 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Can anyone think of a weirder design choice in a game than not giving the characters faces? I don't think I can.
Yet One More Idiot

Resident

Gems 8,720

PostYet One More Idiot Posted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:33 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

tay120n64 wrote:
hopefully this one will be considerably more fun to play than the last. Wink

Just don't get your hopes up too high... By which I mean to say, at all.

Surprised they have no faces!!! Surprised

Yes....I has seen teh screenshotz. Smile

It's not a weird design choice, they were just starting out with fully-3D games, and if they'd tried to give the characters proper faces it would've probably ended up looking far worse than the "let's not and say we did" policy. Very Happy

Gems 6,064

Postsubjectnamehere Posted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:54 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I was listening to the OST, and I noticed a song very similar to Itory Village from IoT and A Place to Return To (Crysta) from Terranigma.

It's one of the town themes, I think...
EverPhoenix

Resident

Gems 8,804

PostEverPhoenix Posted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:20 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Shiva Indis wrote:
Can anyone think of a weirder design choice in a game than not giving the characters faces? I don't think I can.

grandia 2 did that. kind of. they had eyes, and thats about it. probably because they couldnt be bothered going into enough detail in their textures. it made for some really detailed models though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> General Gaming All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: