TerraEarth Forums

Some Cool Easter Things

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Interests Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jason Tandro
The Undying TE Fanatic

Level 20: Guardian of Pandora

Gems 8,090
Location: Tiptoeing the line between confidence and arrogance.

PostJason Tandro Posted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:04 pm   Post subject: Some Cool Easter Things Reply with quote

I just noticed that this year, Easter Sunday takes place three days after April Fools Day... so I guess this year Jesus doesn't die. He just wakes up three days later and takes out the toy spear and nails and goes: "April Fools!"

Yeah, I'm gonna fry.

Also if anybody plays Runescape (Deathpit, I know you do, or at least used to) they've got a pretty cool Easter event going on. My account name on there is JasonTandro2 (i lost my first accounts password and it'd been so long since I played I wanted to start over.)

And finally does anybody know where the heck the Easter Bunny comes into play? How did that start?

Rest in peace, old avatar.
Freedan
Level 19: Soul Blazer

Resident

Gems 10,167

PostFreedan Posted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:22 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

The Easter Bunny was invented because kids like the taste of chocolate over Communion wafers.

They were originally going to have Jesus hop around and leave kids all kinds of religious goodies in their baskets, but all they had was wafers and wine. And the idea of a generation of toddler drunkards didn't go over well.

Eggs and chocolate was just easier. You ever try to colour Eucharists for Easter? They get all soggy.

Dark_Gaia
Level 12: Soul Knight

Resident

Gems 6,560

PostDark_Gaia Posted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:53 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

ah jason do u play runescape? i used to play it heaps back in the day lol. my account was Ex_chopper
had lvl 99 woodchopping n some other high stuff n bout 20 mil worth of stuff, but i sold my account for $100 like 2 years ago lol
Ocie Denver
Level 17: Jealous Spirit

Resident

Gems 12,559

PostOcie Denver Posted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:14 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still have two accounts on RuneScape; however, I lost my membership on one of my accounts. I'm not much active in this game due to the assignments I had from my college.
Deathpitnx and Ocie Denver are my RS usernames. I had to put Deathpitnx in 'sleep mode' because I can't access any free space in the bank. So I can use Ocie Denver to continue my adventures.
I managed to take an advantage of a glitch in the Easter event to let a npc deposited my member-only item back in my "full" bank. Now my Toraq's hammers is safe! Yay!

Resident

Gems 8,804

PostEverPhoenix Posted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:04 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

i used to play,i had a fair few skills at lvl60+. mostly those which make stuff that i could sell. smithing was around 50 something though, it took too long to level up
The Koholint Knight

Gems 7,572

Posttay120n64 Posted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:53 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I figured someone else would answer, but the whole Easter Bunny thing stemmed from the Pagan celebrations of the Spring Equinox that took place in Northern Europe around the time that the Catholic Church established dominance over the continent. In order to appeal to the masses, or more appropriately to assist in the assimilation of all people into one mass ideal, the Spring celebrations were merged with the celebration of Christ's resurrection to form the holiday of Easter.

The bunny was used as a midpoint between the two religious factions in an attempt to pull Pagans into Christianity. You know. Before the Catholics killed them.

Interestingly enough, many Protestant denominations see the bunny as a strictly Pagan symbol which overshadows the importance of Christ's resurrection (which probably didn't even happen in April, or maybe I'm just a cynic) and ban all related symbolism. This is especially ironic in that the whole purpose of Protestantism in the first place was to create a Christianity that was more accepting and open minded than the Catholic Church.

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Windows Live Messenger
Jason Tandro
The Undying TE Fanatic

Gems 8,090
Location: Tiptoeing the line between confidence and arrogance.

PostJason Tandro Posted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:12 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

tay120n64 wrote:
Well, I figured someone else would answer, but the whole Easter Bunny thing stemmed from the Pagan celebrations of the Spring Equinox that took place in Northern Europe around the time that the Catholic Church established dominance over the continent. In order to appeal to the masses, or more appropriately to assist in the assimilation of all people into one mass ideal, the Spring celebrations were merged with the celebration of Christ's resurrection to form the holiday of Easter.

The bunny was used as a midpoint between the two religious factions in an attempt to pull Pagans into Christianity. You know. Before the Catholics killed them.

Interestingly enough, many Protestant denominations see the bunny as a strictly Pagan symbol which overshadows the importance of Christ's resurrection (which probably didn't even happen in April, or maybe I'm just a cynic) and ban all related symbolism. This is especially ironic in that the whole purpose of Protestantism in the first place was to create a Christianity that was more accepting and open minded than the Catholic Church.

Actually you've got that backwards. Most scholars think CHRISTMAS didn't happen when we celebrated it. Most scholars think that Jesus was born in early April and he was crucified when he was exactly 33.

Rest in peace, old avatar.
tay120n64
The Koholint Knight

Gems 7,572

Posttay120n64 Posted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:24 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Jason Tandro wrote:
tay120n64 wrote:

Actually you've got that backwards. Most scholars think CHRISTMAS didn't happen when we celebrated it. Most scholars think that Jesus was born in early April and he was crucified when he was exactly 33.

Well, like I said, I'm mostly being cynical. I'm pretty confident that Easter is right on the mark, though I did know about Christmas.

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Windows Live Messenger
EverPhoenix

Resident

Gems 8,804

PostEverPhoenix Posted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:30 am   Post subject: Re: Some Cool Easter Things Reply with quote

Jason Tandro wrote:
I just noticed that this year, Easter Sunday takes place three days after April Fools Day... so I guess this year Jesus doesn't die. He just wakes up three days later and takes out the toy spear and nails and goes: "April Fools!"

cant believe im late on this

Level 17: Jealous Spirit

Resident

Gems 12,559

PostOcie Denver Posted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:15 pm   Post subject: Re: Some Cool Easter Things Reply with quote

EverPhoenix wrote:
Jason Tandro wrote:

cant believe im late on this

Awesome broken image you have there!
TerraEarth Historian

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 5:24 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

It works for me? o.O

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Windows Live Messenger
Dark_Gaia
Level 12: Soul Knight

Resident

Gems 6,560

PostDark_Gaia Posted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:30 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

hahaha thats a good one!! =p wish i was that beast
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Interests Board All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: